No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: keystone] #6972001
08/23/20 07:48 PM
08/23/20 07:48 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.... this is the mess I hunt around here..

[Linked Image]

... (that’s a tax paid for county road btw lol)

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: keystone] #6972212
08/23/20 11:52 PM
08/23/20 11:52 PM
Mollala Oregon
G
gdccowboy Offline
trapper
gdccowboy  Offline
trapper
G

Mollala Oregon
I run the Moultrie XV 6000s and sure makes scouting trails for trapping season easier

Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: keystone] #6972368
08/24/20 09:33 AM
08/24/20 09:33 AM
Winter Springs, Florida
D
Davexx1 Offline
trapper
Davexx1  Offline
trapper
D

Winter Springs, Florida
Using the cellular wireless trail cameras is very useful, fun, and addicting. Whether you are using the camera(s) for hunting, trapping, or security really doesn't matter, its just cool to sit at home and see what's going on in your woods, back yard, or wherever.

I have used 3g and 4g Spartan cameras on Verizon service for several years and have been pleased with their performance. Problems or issues with the cameras have been few, but Spartan has been good to honor their warranty with repair or replacement and/or help with information. There are numerous web sites on the Internet that discusses cell cam performance and issues, answers questions, etc. There are always going to be a rare issue or problem with any product so customer service and support is very important to me. When considering reviews, pay attention to the levels of satisfaction with customer service from the various brands. Paying a few more dollars initially for a good quality product from a company that offers good customer service and support is usually a wise decision.

My cameras are set up on traps and a feeder or two and take lots of pictures. Battery life varies with the number of day/night pictures. I use nothing but the Energizer Lithium batteries and each of my Spartan cameras which take 12 AA batteries. They are expensive at $21.98 for a pack of 18, but they last longer and stay at full power until the day they die. The key for good cell camera performance is that they have to have a fair/good cell signal. Without a good signal the camera will not work or photo delivery could be delayed until an adequate signal is received, or the camera may go thru batteries faster because the camera software is constantly searching for and trying to connect to a weak or non-existent cell signal. Obviously you want a camera model that is made for whatever cell company in your area that has good cell coverage.

As was mentioned, Verizon offers cell camera addition as a "connected device" to my existing cell phone plan for $5 a month for each camera, with unlimited texted photos. I also subscribe to the "Premium" service form Spartan for each camera at $3 per month. That premium service gives me full remote control of the camera and its settings from my cell phone. I have my cameras set up to send each new texted photo to my cell phone and I usually get the photos within about 20-30 seconds, longer if weak signal. The list price of Spartan's new 4g cameras is $310. Authorized online dealers may offer discounted price and/or incentives.

Hope this helps. Dave

Last edited by Davexx1; 08/24/20 09:41 AM.
Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: Savell] #6973021
08/24/20 10:21 PM
08/24/20 10:21 PM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline OP
trapper
keystone  Offline OP
trapper
K

Indiana
Originally Posted by Savell
.... I’ll be no help in here ... ain’t a deer paparazzi... cameras strapped to trees in the woods ain’t right.. sorry men but I can’t be for that

... deer hunting has turned into animal husbandry and cia nonsense... before long y’all will be putting gps tracking devices up nubbin bucks butts so you can find them 6 years later

... get out there .. scout .. hunt .. and enjoy the mystery

I was asking for security purposes, i’ve got a 3acre pond that dang near everyone in the county wants to fish. It’s a quarter mile from the house so i’d like to know when and who are helping theirselves to my property that’s all!

Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: Savell] #6973086
08/25/20 12:26 AM
08/25/20 12:26 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida

[Linked Image]

Youd fit right in here in the pineywoods and swamps of southern Ga.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: Savell] #6973140
08/25/20 07:20 AM
08/25/20 07:20 AM
Eastern Shore, MD
R
RGW Offline
trapper
RGW  Offline
trapper
R

Eastern Shore, MD

[Linked Image]

Looks like some of the roads through the marsh here except all those vines here would be poison ivy. I bet you've got humidity just like us too.

Re: Cellular Trail Cam Reviews [Re: keystone] #6973147
08/25/20 07:25 AM
08/25/20 07:25 AM
Eastern Shore, MD
R
RGW Offline
trapper
RGW  Offline
trapper
R

Eastern Shore, MD
But on the camera notes.... I've ben using a Moultrie's for a couple of years now. They make AT&T and Verizon versions so which ever has better service in your area you can get that one. I have one place that has better AT&T signal and almost no Verizon and another that both had decent signal but Verizon was a little better. Moultrie has a bunch of different plans that you can change anytime of the year depending on activity levels. I've had good luck with em so far. I like being able to go through the pictures as they come in rather than a thousand or so when I go pull and swap the cards

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread