No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6980156
09/01/20 03:36 PM
09/01/20 03:36 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Thanks there Chancey. You can see thoughts and names run thru my mind like water in sieve. Glad you caught the Ham thing, its been a while since I studied that and grabbed Canaan instead of Ham, lol. I think I will go thru those old books again, being Protestant I was always cautioned about them, But after finding that the Essenes had preserved some of them in the Dead Sea Scrolls, I figured they had a reason. So I rebelled and started reading what I wanted for history sake.Later I found that the protestant bible made some references to a couple of them. We have a run now on destroying history, but that has happened before too. Josephus has some good stuff too.
Like with the hybrids there really isn't anything that isn't in the bible. Maybe a little different spin now a days. Thanks for the reply.

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6980258
09/01/20 06:08 PM
09/01/20 06:08 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed - Augustine

I also have not read from the OT over the years as an American Protestant,
and it shows.
Now that I'm a student at a seminary renowned to teach all 66 Books with vigor (one of the reasons I chose this seminary), I've humbly learned -
I have very little perspective of God's narrative story (Scripture) without reading the Inspired text from cover to cover, starting on page 1, "In the beginning."

It has been Revealed for us, and a travesty is that some have taught only what they prefer. 66 Books in the Protestant faith or 73 in the Roman Catholic. All has a Divine purpose, or else God would have us know less.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6980491
09/01/20 09:27 PM
09/01/20 09:27 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Amen Mark and Foxpaw,

I too was raised Protestant - Southern Baptist. I was baptized at six years old in the river; and will never forget it.
I spent my whole life listening to other people tell me what the Bible said rather than reading it for myself. Many loved ones that I cherish would roll over in their graves right now and declare me a blasphemer if they knew that I not only have the KJV of the Bible, but also the Septuagint, the Apocroypha, and other ancient texts in my study. Some may have disowned me recommending those 3 books to you to read. However, I always had one side of my family that seemed to have very Jewish roots, and those thoughts and teachings get passed down to generations at night when we say our prayers.....we usually don't realize it though until we are older.

When I went to college my world view got turned upside down, and I became lost.....not knowing what to believe or what in fact was the Truth. I lived in a sort of a pseudo belief at best. I was always sure there was a God, but I just was not sure about that Jesus fella.

Since then, I have learned three things.

The Three things I know for certain is this..... The world started making a lot more sense when I read the Bible for the first time from beginning to end. Second, I believe that God and the Holy Spirit work with each and every one of us differently according to where we happen to be in our walk with Christ. I believe the Holy Spirit will only reveal things to one when they are ready for it.

The third thing I know for certain is that Jesus Christ is the Good News; He died for our sins so that we may live; He is the Messiah. I have researched my ancestors and read their letters. They did not believe, they knew because loved ones saw it first hand. Praise God Almighty that we have both a merciful and graceful God. Blessings to you all. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6980494
09/01/20 09:31 PM
09/01/20 09:31 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Amen Chancey.
Truly I say Amen.

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6984146
09/06/20 01:39 PM
09/06/20 01:39 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
What ever become of the applied for patent WO2020060606. Just got one of my every day adds to buy gold before interest rates drop to negative and I have to pay to own my own money. Kinda rekindled the fire started in this thread. This News thing is dated sept 06 2020. I guess my question is "What is it for"?

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1553...currency-system-using-body-activity-data

https://news.bitcoin.com/microsoft-cryptocurrency-system/

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6984662
09/07/20 08:55 AM
09/07/20 08:55 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Foxpaw,
Will we swipe our hand, or nod our head?
Or both?
It is fascinating what the human intellect can dream up!

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6984716
09/07/20 10:24 AM
09/07/20 10:24 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Well, I ain't smart enough to really know what they are talking about, and I don't think 99% of the population is either. I am starting to think covid 19 is the least of the worlds problem. I have been reading last nite farther in. They say their "mining" computers uses so much electricity that most of it will be done and/or is being done in China where utility cost are low. Apparently the personal computer no longer has the capacity to let an individual mine bitcoin out of the thin air. So it sounds like it might be a thing for countries to engage in. When bitcoin first came out I reasoned that it was nothing more than gambling and would not nor could not last. If there is no deliverable commodity then the whole thing hinges on what? In one article it says it takes huge amounts of electricity, yet in the news link I listed it says an individual with that chip can put on a suit and produce electricity to run his computer from his body heat.

Gambling is merely the transfer of money. Yes it makes jobs and educates the kids, but at the end of the day there is no gain, just a change of wealth from one group to another. Wealth for a country comes from natural resources (we are blessed) and it comes from the sun and rain. We plant and God gives the increase. For governments to base the wealth money system on a whim mined out of the air is ludicrous. I am thinking the scrip used at the company store in the old coal mining days may look good compared to what in is in store for us. To do away with money as we know it is just a dumb move, but then I'm one of the 99% that is too dumb to take care of my self and my own billfold!

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6984834
09/07/20 01:09 PM
09/07/20 01:09 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

The Hellenists (Greeks) are said to have been the first to have implemented a "monetary" system of commerce. Coins in those days of course. But that history is less than 3,000 years old. So maybe we'll go back to the barter system? Trading this for that.

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6984860
09/07/20 02:16 PM
09/07/20 02:16 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
10 dozen fresh farm eggs, for 4 OZ of Fox Frenzy! grin

Member - FTA
Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6984865
09/07/20 02:23 PM
09/07/20 02:23 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
10 dozen fresh farm eggs, for 4 OZ of Fox Frenzy! grin

I'd have done it for 5 dozen
grin

Good Trade
I always loved that line from the movie; Dances with Wolves

Re: Human 2.0 - A Wake Up Call To The World [Re: ] #6984883
09/07/20 02:54 PM
09/07/20 02:54 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Mark June
The Hellenists (Greeks) are said to have been the first to have implemented a "monetary" system of commerce. Coins in those days of course. But that history is less than 3,000 years old. So maybe we'll go back to the barter system? Trading this for that.

I could probably live by the barter system better than most. But what about the guy that works for a check making shoes and his boss trades him shoes for his labor, then all he has is shoes to pay his electric bill, doctor bill, gasoline, etc. People can only wear one pair of shoes at a time so you would flood your doctor with shoes. But he might have another patient that needed shoes so maybe he could set up an exchange between patients and everyone would get what they needed. Might be a problem if one pair of shoes was worth twice what he was trading for. Could he just trade one shoe to keep the trade even. Needs some people with just one foot, lol.

There is so much variance in the value of things people has to trade there would have to be a means to make up the difference. Also people wouldn't need the things that's tradable at the same time. They would need a go between so you could have a liquid market. Kinda like a day trader or scalper that brings two people together. He is just a middleman willing to take a chance at making a small profit bringing a buyer and seller together and keep it liquid so you can buy or sell right now with no waiting. So if we have to have an exchange to bring different goods of different sizes and values, lets just keep what we got.

One last example. In the crash of '29 my grandma had two brothers that were both surgeons. One of them invested in stocks. Communications in those days were not the best. He dumped his stocks but still had a margin call of $2500. He owned a big farm and house (first electric in the county DC windmill and battery) Well they was going to take his farm for the margin call , so he borrowed $2500 from my Grandma to get out of that. None of his patients had any money, they mostly had apples, chickens ,eggs and vegetables. That was all they had and he wouldn't turn them away and that was back when people still believed in paying their bills so he took what ever they had to offer. He would stop by my Grandma's and give her some of his bounty. Problem was she already had all of that of her own and didn't need more. She needed her $2500. It took a few years, but he paid her every dime with interest. My dad always laughed and said the interest was he delivered all three of my older sisters at home. I wasn't in that trade, I was the first store bought baby from the hospital.

Thanks for your time!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread