No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Another NAFA question #6988541
09/12/20 10:03 AM
09/12/20 10:03 AM
Virginia
P
PDH Offline OP
trapper
PDH  Offline OP
trapper
P

Virginia
Sorry for posting another NAFA topic but I've read the other threads and can't find what I'm looking for. I sent a handful of furs there (13 red foxes and 4 grey) 3 years ago and they never sold. I saw that NAFA was going to hold a sale in August before it got cancelled and they posted a catalogue. Did that catalogue include the fur that was in storage or did all that fur get tossed? I didn't get a lotting letter and I can't log into the site anymore. I know that foxes aren't worth much so it's more of a principal thing for me.

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988543
09/12/20 10:05 AM
09/12/20 10:05 AM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by PDH
Sorry for posting another NAFA topic but I've read the other threads and can't find what I'm looking for. I sent a handful of furs there (13 red foxes and 4 grey) 3 years ago and they never sold. I saw that NAFA was going to hold a sale in August before it got cancelled and they posted a catalogue. Did that catalogue include the fur that was in storage or did all that fur get tossed? I didn't get a lotting letter and I can't log into the site anymore. I know that foxes aren't worth much so it's more of a principal thing for me.

BOHICA !!! frown

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988554
09/12/20 10:25 AM
09/12/20 10:25 AM
Kansas
N
nt2 Offline
trapper
nt2  Offline
trapper
N

Kansas
I think they have cleared out much of the old fur for low prices, but you are probably way down the line of those waiting for a share of the money.

Providing wild fur to the industry at below the cost of production for over 50 years.

Mostly carbon neutral since 1948.

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988560
09/12/20 10:32 AM
09/12/20 10:32 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Did you receive any sort of acknowledgment from NAFA that they received your fur? Something in writing, like a snail mail letter or an email or something?

Were you able to log into your account at some point in the past?

I doubt that NAFA tossed any fur. But I don’t know that for sure. At some point in time (I have no idea when), the court appointed representative will be contacting people with fur in the NAFA buildings.

It is a long process, NAFA is attempting to sell the fur in their possession. They have moved quite a bit of fur. I have no idea at what levels. The unsold catalog gets smaller all the time. There are 2 items that are not moving - possum and brown ranch mink.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988567
09/12/20 10:38 AM
09/12/20 10:38 AM
TN
L
lcd Offline
trapper
lcd  Offline
trapper
L

TN
I had some there for 2 years and it sold about a month ago all except for 1 cat. All of the fur was left over from the last sale they had, whenever that was. I had beaver, otter, cat, and red fox. All bought better than fur that I had sold on the last sale, except the red fox just got rid of is the best way to describe that price. I just logged onto my account # and went to the side bar and looked on there for what sold and for what price. I haven't got my money yet, but it is usually several weeks after the sale when they deposit the money into your account. It is my understanding that the fur that was there and owned by the trappers was theirs and could not be used for anything else.

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988571
09/12/20 10:42 AM
09/12/20 10:42 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
From my account it looks like they have moved most of the fox at very low prices, but that is consistent with the current market at FHA as well. Not sure why you cannot access your account but the fact that they have been updating sales summaries and individual accounts gives some hope that there is an intent to pay shippers at some point.

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988587
09/12/20 11:03 AM
09/12/20 11:03 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
My understanding is that the court appointed representative will be paying the shippers. You will get a check from them, not NAFA. Folks that are buying goods from NAFA right now are paying the court appointed representative. They are not paying NAFA.

I assume that all shippers that have sold goods over the past 6-8 months will be paid at the same time, once everything has been settled. Could be yet this year or maybe even next year. Issue one set of checks and it is done. It isn’t practical (or economical )to issue checks every time something sells.

www.usedtraps.com

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: wissmiss] #6988703
09/12/20 01:53 PM
09/12/20 01:53 PM
Virginia
P
PDH Offline OP
trapper
PDH  Offline OP
trapper
P

Virginia
Thanks for the information guys. Wismiss, yes they received my fur and it was lotted on several auctions but it never sold. My other furs - coyotes, coons, beavers sold but not the foxes. I can't log into my account and the site doesn't recognize my email address as a registered user to reset my account. Maybe one day a magical check will arrive in the mail but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on that.

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988715
09/12/20 02:01 PM
09/12/20 02:01 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Since your fur was lotted and offered, the fox pelts are still in NAFA’s system. If you were able to log into your account, you would most likely see that your fox have sold. Have no idea of prices but according to other shippers, red fox prices were disgusting low, even for the current market.

There aren’t any red fox or grey fox in the NAFA unsold catalog.

I’m quite sure you will get a check, eventually. smile

www.usedtraps.com

Re: Another NAFA question [Re: PDH] #6988760
09/12/20 03:05 PM
09/12/20 03:05 PM
Virginia
P
PDH Offline OP
trapper
PDH  Offline OP
trapper
P

Virginia
Thanks for the information.