No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Off topic - Bear hunting [Re: BernieB.] #6995593
09/20/20 06:34 PM
09/20/20 06:34 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by J Staton
I've never shot a bear either. Never have hunted for one. We have black bear in these parts (public land) but baiting isn't legal. Any tips on hunting bear without baiting?

There are some areas of Arkansas where baiting is legal.

You can on private land. If I were to try it would be national forest. I'll have to go about it differently. Maybe stand hunt? Bernie do male black bear tend to travel the perimeter of their home range or tend to work their whole range in the fall while fattening up?

Re: Off topic - Bear hunting [Re: BernieB.] #6995671
09/20/20 08:27 PM
09/20/20 08:27 PM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
Our early 3 day season opens this week and you can use dogs or any other way just not bait choice of weapons.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Off topic - Bear hunting [Re: ] #6995735
09/20/20 09:53 PM
09/20/20 09:53 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline OP
trapper
BernieB.  Offline OP
trapper

Northern Minnesota

You can on private land. If I were to try it would be national forest. I'll have to go about it differently. Maybe stand hunt? Bernie do male black bear tend to travel the perimeter of their home range or tend to work their whole range in the fall while fattening up?[/quote]

Male black bears go where the food is. Don't put much stock in home ranges, find where they are feeding.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread