No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Jurassic Park] #6995361
09/20/20 01:04 PM
09/20/20 01:04 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
I’m on Facebook and I love it! Pretty much the same as Trappertalk.

If you know how to use your account it can be a very enjoyable experience. If your friends are posting liberal crap, constant stupid memes or other stuff that annoys you, get different friends or at least get rid of the dumb ones. You can also adjust your settings that you won't see anything from those folks unless you go to their wall.

If your seeing that stuff from people you don't know, learn how to use your privacy settings or delete your account.

I only have 126 friends on FB. They are all my friends in real life. Many of them live in other states and some in other countries. I love seeing what they are up to and so do their other friends.

A good example; my old camp cook from here in PA lives nin Oregon now. He's been posting pics and keeping me and the rest of his friends updated on the fires in his area. Are you going to text a hundred people or post it on FB for all your friends to see?

I belong to three closed (private) FB groups; PA Trapping, PA Hunting Camps and PA Hunting. I enjoy seeing occasional updates from all of them.

I belong to a group chat on Messenger that includes the members of my immediate family. My oldest is currently serving the Government and stationed in Austria. I check that chat first thing in the morning and throughout the day to see all the stuff my family is up to. We often comment on how it is the next best thing to when we used to all sit down together for supper and share the events of our days.

I think most folks who badmouth FB are clueless about how it really works or should work if you know what you're doing.

I can't imagine a reason why I'd ever delete my account.

Like JP said, It's not a whole lot different than Tman, just social media of a different type.

Eh...wot?

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Antelope Montana] #6995414
09/20/20 02:10 PM
09/20/20 02:10 PM
ny
S
Starcraft_Dart Offline
trapper
Starcraft_Dart  Offline
trapper
S

ny
I have fund many family members that I never knew existed on Facebook. I ended up finding out my family history back to about 300 years ago.

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Antelope Montana] #6995448
09/20/20 03:49 PM
09/20/20 03:49 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
I’m on Facebook and I love it! Pretty much the same as Trappertalk.

If you know how to use your account it can be a very enjoyable experience. If your friends are posting liberal crap, constant stupid memes or other stuff that annoys you, get different friends or at least get rid of the dumb ones. You can also adjust your settings that you won't see anything from those folks unless you go to their wall.

If your seeing that stuff from people you don't know, learn how to use your privacy settings or delete your account.

I only have 126 friends on FB. They are all my friends in real life. Many of them live in other states and some in other countries. I love seeing what they are up to and so do their other friends.

A good example; my old camp cook from here in PA lives nin Oregon now. He's been posting pics and keeping me and the rest of his friends updated on the fires in his area. Are you going to text a hundred people or post it on FB for all your friends to see?

I belong to three closed (private) FB groups; PA Trapping, PA Hunting Camps and PA Hunting. I enjoy seeing occasional updates from all of them.

I belong to a group chat on Messenger that includes the members of my immediate family. My oldest is currently serving the Government and stationed in Austria. I check that chat first thing in the morning and throughout the day to see all the stuff my family is up to. We often comment on how it is the next best thing to when we used to all sit down together for supper and share the events of our days.

I think most folks who badmouth FB are clueless about how it really works or should work if you know what you're doing.

I can't imagine a reason why I'd ever delete my account.

Like JP said, It's not a whole lot different than Tman, just social media of a different type.

Overall, I like Facebook too. Most of my real friends are not on Facebook. They are either old and don't do much with computers or have government or sensitive jobs and are discouraged, if not exactly forbidden, from having Facebook accounts. Most of my 246 Facebook friends are relatives. We have a lot in common. I have only had 1 teenage, not closely related relative post anything liberal. My sister posts pictures and stories about my niece and nephew, which I enjoy, almost every day. I have become closer with a lot of my first cousins once removed and second cousins, who I rarely see.

Keith

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Marty] #6995486
09/20/20 04:34 PM
09/20/20 04:34 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Marty
facewhat?

FacePalm

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Antelope Montana] #6995494
09/20/20 04:56 PM
09/20/20 04:56 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Online content
trapper
Wanna Be  Online Content
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Deleted mine for security purposes a couple years ago.
People don’t realize what they post or either don’t care.

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Wanna Be] #6995503
09/20/20 05:08 PM
09/20/20 05:08 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Deleted mine for security purposes a couple years ago.
People don’t realize what they post or either don’t care.

There are lots of posts, that's purported purpose is to get to know each other, which main purpose appears to be to get your answers to your security question. They ask common account retrieval questions like what was your first school, what street did you grow up on and what's the name of your favorite pet, mixed in with more innocuous questions.

Keith

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Antelope Montana] #6995524
09/20/20 05:35 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Yeah, you’d have to be pretty ignorant to fall for those type posts or games.

Eh...wot?

Re: Deleted my Facebook account [Re: Antelope Montana] #6995526
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA