No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How does this make economic sense?? [Re: Canvasback2] #7023947
10/22/20 08:09 AM
10/22/20 08:09 AM
IL
G
goatman Offline
trapper
goatman  Offline
trapper
G

IL
I was told by someone that works in the auto switch industry that they get a 60% tax cut when assembled in China. Did anyway. Not sure about the present.

Re: How does this make economic sense?? [Re: Canvasback2] #7023997
10/22/20 09:32 AM
10/22/20 09:32 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
If I understand correctly the crime that these Chinese prisoners committed is the crime of practicing Christianity.

Last edited by run; 10/22/20 09:33 AM.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: How does this make economic sense?? [Re: Canvasback2] #7024101
10/22/20 12:30 PM
10/22/20 12:30 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Beyond the regulations being null and bulk shipping being a minor input, you gotta look at total compensation expense. wages can be way cheaper overseas eventhough they have gradually increased in a number of foreign countries in spurts over the last couple decades. But beyond that when operating overseas you don't have the total tax and payroll burdens, insurance costs and most importantly the legacy costs (at least outside of europe). i shutdown a large percentage of facilities for a fairly big manufacturing operation with plants on west coast, in new york and in this state for my last employer. they could ship a raw food product into mexico and get a finished consumer product back and into the supply chain for cheaper than ever produce it here. legacy insurance and retirement costs were the primary driver and continue to be a big factor in some industries and for specific employers that have been around for any length of time. unless commitments to retirees are going to be thrown by the wayside (which a number of unions have agreed to in recent years to keep current work force intact) and consumers are willing to pay more for goods and/or the government becomes highly involved in picking winners/losers or national security required production, i dont see alot of generic manufacturers returning.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread