No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
The religion of politics #7028963
10/27/20 07:13 AM
10/27/20 07:13 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Someone just emailed me a Twitter video, posted at TownHall.com that shows a young lady whose father is terminally ill. The young lady has penned a deck of file cards and is emotional about the fact her dad, who she calls a conservative Republican, voted for Biden... for his daughters before he dies.

I don't know how to post a Twitter video.

Dang, that's a video I wish I could unsee.
It's just crazy sad that anyone would place their hope and dreams, including their last moments with their dad, on a politic candidate, and then make a political ad about it.

Lord will you please help us,
Blessings,
Mark

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7028966
10/27/20 07:19 AM
10/27/20 07:19 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
These days it seems to be the norm. Seems more and more folks question their religion and hold steadfast in their politics instead of the way it should be. Unless your religion takes orders from man religion should be rigid and unchanging, politics on the other hand are fluid and change by the minute.

More Cowbell
Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7028973
10/27/20 07:31 AM
10/27/20 07:31 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
There seems to be a lot of people who turn to religion after a lifetime of making bad choices and just weren't born with what it takes to be successful and fruitful.
But they don't have the religion in their hearts, they're pretending to convince themselves they do.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7028977
10/27/20 07:37 AM
10/27/20 07:37 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

There's a lot of worshipping being done of the political process this year.
That's for certain.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7028992
10/27/20 08:12 AM
10/27/20 08:12 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mark June
That's for certain.

On both sides.

My initial political test is "which candidate will affect me the least?" That person will have the best shot of getting my vote.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: Gary Benson] #7029012
10/27/20 08:24 AM
10/27/20 08:24 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
There seems to be a lot of people who turn to religion after a lifetime of making bad choices and just weren't born with what it takes to be successful and fruitful.
But they don't have the religion in their hearts, they're pretending to convince themselves they do.

Yes,,and a lot of it is,, religion when convenient.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7029014
10/27/20 08:25 AM
10/27/20 08:25 AM
Near Alexandria, MN
B
BanditBuster Offline
trapper
BanditBuster  Offline
trapper
B

Near Alexandria, MN
I've been discussing the same thing with my mothe lately. Some of these Trumpers act like idol worshipers. They're flying flags on their trucks, a dozen signs in their front yard, flag on the house, it's insane. Even though I'm a Libertarian I don't hate Trump by any means, I just find that the American people acting that he's their savior quite concerning.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7029023
10/27/20 08:29 AM
10/27/20 08:29 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Another great example to follow Jesus' example to be no part of the world.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: BanditBuster] #7029045
10/27/20 08:43 AM
10/27/20 08:43 AM
Pa
S
scratch n dent Offline
trapper
scratch n dent  Offline
trapper
S

Pa
Originally Posted by BanditBuster
I've been discussing the same thing with my mothe lately. Some of these Trumpers act like idol worshipers. They're flying flags on their trucks, a dozen signs in their front yard, flag on the house, it's insane. Even though I'm a Libertarian I don't hate Trump by any means, I just find that the American people acting that he's their savior quite concerning.

Agreed. I’ll vote for Trump (reluctantly) but I’m nervous to see Christians and conservatives view him so highly.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: The religion of politics [Re: Blaine County] #7029053
10/27/20 08:50 AM
10/27/20 08:50 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by Mark June
That's for certain.

On both sides.

My initial political test is "which candidate will affect me the least?" That person will have the best shot of getting my vote.

Who do you Not want to wake up to as President on the 4th?

There you go! Similar test

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7029059
10/27/20 08:54 AM
10/27/20 08:54 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Trump is not MY savior. I can take care of myself.
Trump is OUR savior, as our country's savior. That's out of my hands.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7029062
10/27/20 08:58 AM
10/27/20 08:58 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
GOD Should be first

Politics should be way down the list...if we Trust God

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The religion of politics [Re: 330-Trapper] #7029064
10/27/20 09:01 AM
10/27/20 09:01 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

It's similar. Trump is less likely to raise may taxes, is less likely to further destroy the 2A (although he and his agencies have been worse than Obama), is less likely to impact the energy industry and and is less likely to enable the BLM types. I will therefore grudgingly vote for him. I don't expect him to affirmatively do anything for me.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7029143
10/27/20 10:26 AM
10/27/20 10:26 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Just a few more days to go. I'm so sick of politics, I could scream. I live on a fairly restricted income, retired and try to sell some products to help. I gave Trump fifty bucks back at the middle of summer, and it has been beg beg beg by every candidate all over the country since then. First time I have ever contributed to a campaign, and will likely be the last! They try anything to get you to send more money to them!

The candidates all seem like they want to be your god and savior! No thanks, that job is taken, thank goodness! I'll just pray that it goes the way we all hope, and adjust from there. Conservatives are very caring individuals, even if we talk worse on occasion, way more caring than the looney left.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: The religion of politics [Re: Blaine County] #7029166
10/27/20 10:47 AM
10/27/20 10:47 AM
Near Alexandria, MN
B
BanditBuster Offline
trapper
BanditBuster  Offline
trapper
B

Near Alexandria, MN
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

It's similar. Trump is less likely to raise may taxes, is less likely to further destroy the 2A (although he and his agencies have been worse than Obama), is less likely to impact the energy industry and and is less likely to enable the BLM types. I will therefore grudgingly vote for him. I don't expect him to affirmatively do anything for me.

Out of curiosity, why don't you vote third party? The lesser of two evils is still evil. I honestly thought that when I voted for him in 2016 he would be more pro freedom and free market capitalism than he is.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: BanditBuster] #7029174
10/27/20 10:55 AM
10/27/20 10:55 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Out of curiosity, why don't you vote third party? The lesser of two evils is still evil. I honestly thought that when I voted for him in 2016 he would be more pro freedom and free market capitalism than he is.

I often do and had planned on it again this year. I wish the Libertarians would run an actual candidate with a chance as I am Libertarian on most issues.

My vote won't matter here in Oklahoma but I caved anyway--I'll give Trump another vote for the popular vote column even thought I don't feel good about it.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: BanditBuster] #7029177
10/27/20 10:58 AM
10/27/20 10:58 AM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri

Its not so much a vote for Trump as it is a vote against Washington and liberal ideology.

ol'dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Re: The religion of politics [Re: scratch n dent] #7029179
10/27/20 11:04 AM
10/27/20 11:04 AM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Originally Posted by scratch n dent

Agreed. I’ll vote for Trump (reluctantly) but I’m nervous to see Christians and conservatives view him so highly.

all you have to do look at the alternative and what they stand for and the turmoil they have caused . Go to bidens website and read about their goals . get on youtube and click on pro biden , or better yet pro protester videos for a hour or two . That should leave this sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach that you should of helped trump more . I personly cant stand to listen to him talk and think he is way more liberal than i like but after examining the other side Im all in for trump because i know he will give them a good fight

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7029204
10/27/20 11:33 AM
10/27/20 11:33 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
No such thing as a perfect candidate. There's something we don't like about any of them. You just have to decide if the good the candidate might do is enough to accept the bad they might do. There's things I don't like about Trump, and things I don't like about Libertarians and Republicans in general. For me, the good things President Trump has done are good enough to look past his flaws and the things he does with which I disapprove.

One of my favorite hymns, taken from a Psalm, says.

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
O my soul, Jehovah praise;
I will sing the glorious praises
Of my God through all my days.
Put no confidence in princes,
Nor for help on man depend;

He shall die, to dust returning,
And his purposes shall end.

Happy is the man that chooses
Israel's God to be his aid;
He is blessed whose hope of blessing
On the Lord his God is stayed.

Heaven and earth the Lord created,
Seas and all that they contain;
He delivers from oppression,
Righteousness he will maintain.

Food he daily gives the hungry,
Sets the mourning prisoner free,
Raises those bowed down with anguish,
Makes the sightless eyes to see.
Well Jehovah loves the righteous,
And the stranger he befriends,
Helps the fatherless and widow,
Judgment on the wicked sends.

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
O my soul, Jehovah praise;
I will sing the glorious praises
Of my God through all my days.
Over all God reigns for ever,
Through all ages he is king;
Unto him, thy God, O Zion,
Joyful hallelujahs sing.

No matter who wins the election for President of US - have confidence knowing that King Jesus is on His throne. The heart of the kings of this world are like water in His hands and He directs them wherever He wants them to go.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: Kart29] #7029411
10/27/20 02:48 PM
10/27/20 02:48 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
" Religion is for those who fear their is a H$&&, spirituality is for those of us who have been there and made it back" Religion has value in it allows humans to conform to the rites and covenants of that religion, where religion loses a lot of credibility is where those of one sect, denomination or religion feel there's is the only one that is true or correct. Leave it to man to redefine what God was hoping to accomplish.

Bryce

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread