No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dog licking front paws [Re: wamp] #7054832
11/18/20 10:12 PM
11/18/20 10:12 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Google a product named DynoVite. It is a food additive. Used it on two dogs of my dogs that were licking their front paws. Worked each time. I hear it advertised on XM/Serius radio all the time. It worked for me.

Made with menhaden fish. Might be a good coon and mink lure.

Your dog probably has an airborne allergy or a food allergy. Are you feeding it a grain based dry dog food? Try cutting back on the grain. Veggies are ok but too much grain can cause licking.

Last edited by charles; 11/19/20 12:10 AM.
Re: Dog licking front paws [Re: wamp] #7055168
11/19/20 03:47 AM
11/19/20 03:47 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
I have one dog that has it. I believe my dog is picking up pollen or similar off the grass. It gets a lot better once we get snow on the ground here. Pay attention to the food as well. Some allergies come from the food we buy them. The grain free stuff didn't work for me but some cheaper brands helped. Don't buy a giant bag unless you know it isn't causing the issues. Blue Diamond was the worst for allergies in my dog.

Unfortunately allergies get worse as they get older. The shots worked initially for me but lost its effectiveness fairly quickly.

Here's a few things I found help:

Fish oil: Recommended by the vet...helps with allergies (and really thickens up their coat).

Dog vitamin....sometimes they are just missing a nutrient.

50/50 hydrocortisone cream and anti bacterial salve. Mix and put on the dry spots as they develop (watch inside the ears as well). The vet sells the same stuff but you can buy the two separate at Walmart and save a bunch of money. They might lick the hydrocortisone cream and that's OK. The vet said it works internally too. I'll actually let her lick out of the tube. Seems they know they need it.

Like said...Allergies get worse as they age.

Re: Dog licking front paws [Re: wamp] #7055179
11/19/20 04:46 AM
11/19/20 04:46 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Changing to grain-free food fixed it for my retriever. KIRKLAND brand Nature's Domain is the best dog food I've found for the price.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Dog licking front paws [Re: wamp] #7055330
11/19/20 09:28 AM
11/19/20 09:28 AM
Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
C
cbat Offline
trapper
cbat  Offline
trapper
C

Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
Could also be a deal called Transcing. I had never heard of it until my wife got a new pup

The real Wally
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread