No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dow crosses 30,000 [Re: aknome] #7061909
11/25/20 07:03 AM
11/25/20 07:03 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
You have the same opportunity as everyone else, as do I.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Dow crosses 30,000 [Re: Co�s] #7061920
11/25/20 07:20 AM
11/25/20 07:20 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Coös
Whoo-hoo, way to go Wall Street. Regular folks love to see you shady investment types get even richer moving numbers around. Maybe it means the tax payers won’t have to bail you out in the too near future.

I am just a blue collar working guy that listened to a good friend 30 + years ago with investment advice. My first investments were small income tax refunds. Then I bought, fixed up and sold cars and trucks putting some extra cash away. I moved up to renting a couple houses, sold them and flipped a few after that. Every time I invested $$ I did not need for future projects. Been doing it for 30 + years. You could have done it or something similar too, Coos.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Dow crosses 30,000 [Re: white17] #7061929
11/25/20 07:31 AM
11/25/20 07:31 AM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by James
Given the Covid economy, I can't figure out what's propping up the stock market.

It makes me nervous.

Jim

Originally Posted by Desertambition
The stock market made it to 30,000 after it was clear that Trump would no longer be President anymore.

Originally Posted by Marty
In the middle of a pandemic of unknown consequences, a rigged election, unknown senate outcome, unemployment #'s up, small businesses closing left and right, unprecedented debt for the year which is not over yet, and the market is up to great highs. Kinda makes a person wonder why?

Ken answered your questions before they were even asked.

Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by Trapper7
They are due to the development of the virus vaccine so close to fruition.

True story. They also like the prospect of Janet Yellen as Treasury secretary opening the spigot of additional multiple trillions of free money.

The markets don't care so much who is president as long as free money is being thrown around. Minimum of 7 trillion dollars created out of thin air in the last 15 months, that's just the US alone.

Central banks will bankrupt our grandchildren to bail out the current generations

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Dow crosses 30,000 [Re: James] #7062150
11/25/20 09:38 AM
11/25/20 09:38 AM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted by James
Given the Covid economy, I can't figure out what's propping up the stock market.

It makes me nervous.

Jim

Could it be that people would just as soon gamble on the stock market as to put their money in money markets, cd’s and saving accounts?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread