No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hot water tank (electric) [Re: SGT. C] #7072190
12/03/20 06:18 PM
12/03/20 06:18 PM

J
JOCO1995
Unregistered
JOCO1995
Unregistered
J

About 3 years ago I woke up one morning to cold water and a hot spouse. Put in the AO smith myself with no problems. Remember to flush it out ever so often to get rid of the sediments in the bottom, I'm on a wellaybe you don't have that issue. Good luck

Re: Hot water tank (electric) [Re: SGT. C] #7072327
12/03/20 08:00 PM
12/03/20 08:00 PM
Michigan's EUP
B
BruceDafter Offline
trapper
BruceDafter  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan's EUP
I work for an HVAC company and we install and service water heaters. We carry Rheem, they are a good unit. The Rheem we carry is not the same as the big box store ones. When I call my distributor on parts, the serial number tells them if it was a contractor model or big box model. Richmond is also under the Rheem umbrella. I have a Richmond 40gal electric that is 14 years old. I've replaced 2 elements and 1 thermostat in that time. AO Smith, State and Lochinvar are all the same. I order parts for them and the part numbers are identical. The software I use to look up the parts uses the serial number, and I can enter any of those brands. If your doing it yourself, try press copper fittings. WAY easier then solder, and better then sharkbite. They are a bit pricey. You would have to find a rental company that rents out the press tool.

Re: Hot water tank (electric) [Re: SGT. C] #7072350
12/03/20 08:21 PM
12/03/20 08:21 PM
Ohio
M
Mike C Offline
trapper
Mike C  Offline
trapper
M

Ohio
Got 28 years out of my first HW tank. Don't expect that again.

Re: Hot water tank (electric) [Re: SGT. C] #7072381
12/03/20 08:40 PM
12/03/20 08:40 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Thanks for the comments. I can do it myself, but time is my enemy. I work full time plus own/ operate an ADC business. This time of year is busy with beavers. I'm having it moved from the inside to the outside so I can make a pantry/ storage where the old unit was taking up a lot of space. Plus if it leaks, it is outside. I can service it myself, but the install i want done asap. Too many other projects i need to do and very little time to do them.
The box outside is just for that purpose and built by a local ac company that just installed a new unit in my home. Plus a tank wrap and i'll be good to go.

Thanks again for the help. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Hot water tank (electric) [Re: SGT. C] #7072696
12/03/20 11:19 PM
12/03/20 11:19 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
tank outside , we don't dare think of that here heck we try very hard to not even have pipes in exterior walls

my kitchen sink is on an exterior wall the pipes intentionally run up through the center of the cabinet under the sink

I have seen it in some summer only cabins but nothing that isn't drained before freeze.

when the water is coming in the house at 32 degrees it is hard enough to get it warm.

I get the time is enemy , I installed my hot water heater in knee deep snow on new years day one year it went out on the 30th they were closing the store down as I was loading the heater in the van.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread