Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Lion pulled out of a trap and found a huge toilet #7089371
12/14/20 05:11 PM
12/14/20 05:11 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline OP
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline OP
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: Lion pulled out of a trap and found a huge toilet [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7089469
12/14/20 06:43 PM
12/14/20 06:43 PM
Pennsylvania
H
Hern Offline
trapper
Hern  Offline
trapper
H

Pennsylvania
I like this stuff.
Good job on sets & video.

Re: Lion pulled out of a trap and found a huge toilet [Re: Hern] #7089706
12/14/20 08:50 PM
12/14/20 08:50 PM
Southern Nevada
C
"Cat Master"
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by Hern
I like this stuff.
Good job on sets & video.

I’ve had a ton of request to show more about set making on my Instagram. I absolutely hate Instagram and have almost deleted my account multiple times but it is such a good resource to promote trapping and an even better tool to get info out about anti-trapping legislation. So I figure I’ll stick with it. But a lot of my followers who are interested in starting have been asking about set making. So I’m going to make a video just about set making. I’ve done some videos on making a cat set so I’ll post that soon. Tomorrow I want to do some videos explaining why I make them the way I do. I’ll also make a video tomorrow on making a coyote set and one on making a grey fox set.

Re: Lion pulled out of a trap and found a huge toilet [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7089936
12/14/20 10:08 PM
12/14/20 10:08 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I really enjoy your videos. In fact I’m envious of your environment and sets. Thanks for posting them!!
Tracks and actual predator trails are hard to come by in the pine plantations and leaf covered bottoms and drains down here.

Re: Lion pulled out of a trap and found a huge toilet [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7090720
12/15/20 12:19 PM
12/15/20 12:19 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
I enjoy your videos too! Have you ever encountered an anti or someone on your line? Meaning in person not the johnny sneakum like in your video?

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: Lion pulled out of a trap and found a huge toilet [Re: dustytinner] #7096043
12/18/20 10:00 PM
12/18/20 10:00 PM
Southern Nevada
C
"Cat Master"
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by dustytinner
I enjoy your videos too! Have you ever encountered an anti or someone on your line? Meaning in person not the johnny sneakum like in your video?

I have. Came back to my truck from checking a couple grey fox sets and some guy was videotaping the bed of my truck (had 5 fox in it). He then went on to tell me how his daughter pit bull went missing (they are locals in the mountain I was trapping) for two weeks and came back nearly starved to death with a trap on each from leg and each trap had a long chain and grapple on it. I told him that’s a pretty amazing story because I’ve see a single trap on a single drag hold a mountain lion so it’s was pretty amazing, almost to amazing that a pit bull was able to survive for 2 weeks with a trap and drag on each front foot. He then went on to tell me about how he feeds the fox and they are like pets to them. So o informed him how illegal it is to feed wildlife in Nevada. I do I pulled my phone out to video and he hurried to his truck and left.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91