No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Front door gun [Re: 160user] #7092827
12/16/20 08:17 PM
12/16/20 08:17 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by 160user
It appears we have similar tastes in how a door should be equipped!

[Linked Image]

Nice !!!

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092835
12/16/20 08:20 PM
12/16/20 08:20 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Hey Crit-R-Dun, why can't folks just do whatever they please without other folks like you getting their panties all wadded up about it?

Who cares if a guy wants to keep a loaded shotgun by his door? I don't, why do you?

I don't care, I'm just raising relevant discussion about a topic. Here's a better idea numbnut: Let's just have anyone do or say whatever they want and no one ever discuss it or comment on it. That way we can eliminate all communication and internet social media including this forum!

You just got your panties in a wad for a discussion that you weren't even a part of so apparently you do care. Instead of lurking around waiting to pounce on posters with your condescending comments maybe add something of value from time to time.
Seems the canucks are always to willing
to spout off on topics like these? You north of the border guys sure seem jealous in the topics you spout on, always our laws and rights. Your not the only one, many of you canucks do it.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Front door gun [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7092847
12/16/20 08:27 PM
12/16/20 08:27 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Not trying to be a richard here but I must say I'm glad we don't have to live in fear like that.

It's not fear , we are still a allowed to own guns here

It's always better to have it when you need it than to WISH you had when it's to late

Also , it not actually going to sit at the front door . But will have it if I need it

It'll go with me when traveling , good family protection , but hopefully will never have to use it .

You never know if one of these blm'ers might try to pull you out of your vechile at a stop light somewhere

Re: Front door gun [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7092869
12/16/20 08:51 PM
12/16/20 08:51 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
what make and model?

yes a definitely a sling if it ever leaves the front door I would include if you use it outside the front door and the police show up you want to retain your gun but keep your hands free

a sling is a holster for a shotgun

some times you want that gun with but need to do something

some times your just headed for the truck but have other gear in your hands

the sling that has a quick pull tab so you can have it across cross body out of the way and pull the tab and it expands to be long enough you can bring it around and into a firing position

possibly a condor speedy 2 point it goes form short to longer in a hurry adding 10-12 inches to the sling if you decide you want it off it has quick clips at each end

or any sling old sling you have if it can be just long enough to get over a shoulder but still relatively out of the way is better than nothing

are you adding a light? lights are nice

It's made in Turkey for chiappa firearms . Merak model 301 .

It's not nearly nice enough for the two lawyers on here

But for $ 229 who cares ...... it may never get used , and I could Chuck it in the river if I had to

Thanx for all the info BTW , I think a light for sure and maybe a sling for gp

Good point on the #4 vs 00

Last edited by AntiGov; 12/16/20 08:51 PM.

Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7092992
12/16/20 09:50 PM
12/16/20 09:50 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Front door gun , back door gun , side door gun , any door/window gun........

Mossberg 590 military w/ ghost rings , bayonet mount , folding stock. 50ct belt (50ct belt 00 buckshot for slight back-up....... laugh
[Linked Image]

NRA benefactor member
Re: Front door gun [Re: Cragar] #7093011
12/16/20 09:58 PM
12/16/20 09:58 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Cragar
Front door gun , back door gun , side door gun , any door/window gun........

Mossberg 590 military w/ ghost rings , bayonet mount , folding stock. 50ct belt (50ct belt 00 buckshot for slight back-up....... laugh
[Linked Image]

Nice ! Very nice !

Re: Front door gun [Re: AntiGov] #7093907
12/17/20 03:09 PM
12/17/20 03:09 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
it looks like you have a section of rail on the forearm that can be a good cost savings , a 1 inch weaver type scope ring on a 1 inch body flash light makes mounting it there a lot less expensive than if you have to buy some sort of bracket.

the light brackets add a bunch of cost to do something that should be simple

my go-to "bump in the night" gun wears a SureFireG2X it has on and off and no other options my goal being to keep it simple

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread