No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Farmers work is never done! [Re: beeman] #7159654
01/28/21 10:10 PM
01/28/21 10:10 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by beeman
If you would like to see what your farmer neighbor has received in the last few years just go here https://farm.ewg.org/index.php

Farmers are not the only ones asking advantage of the government. Go to http://ppprecipients.com/ to see what businesses in your area applied for “loans”. In my area there were some very successful businesses that were granted “loans” and these people are worth millions.

Thanks, beeman. That is pretty interesting.

To be consistent, I'd think there would be one or two guys on here hollering about welfare.

Re: Farmers work is never done! [Re: trapdog1] #7159862
01/29/21 12:08 AM
01/29/21 12:08 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Attached below is a link that talks about the size and scope of the farm subsidies with discussion on pros and cons.

Bryce

https://www.thebalance.com/farm-subsidies-4173885#:~:text=The%20top%20five%20states%20receiving%20subsidies%20are%20Texas%2C,are%20smaller%20subsidies%20for%20peanuts%2C%20sorghum%2C%20and%20mohair.

Re: Farmers work is never done! [Re: Huntall76] #7160219
01/29/21 10:19 AM
01/29/21 10:19 AM
mo.
N
nate Offline OP
trapper
nate  Offline OP
trapper
N

mo.
Originally Posted by Huntall76
I usually don't respond to threads like this but I'll make an exception that might help the original poster.

Farming is a business for the most part. So look at it like any other business , some take advantage of it some work hard, some own the business , land equipment and buildings and let others run it and set back and collect money. If there are loop holes that can work to their benefit that's the people making the rules fault. If i could find a loop hole that would let me stop my tax dollars from paying for someone's abortion i would use it.

Their are 2 owners that own the business i work at, one owns 70% and showes up a few times a year and one that owns 30% and works in the building most of the time. If it wasn't for the money of the one that owns 70% there would be no job there for me to have. I don't think less of him because he just sets back and collects the profits because like I said if not for him I wouldn't have that opportunity to make my money. He drives a Mercedes while I drive a hyundai to work and I'm ok with that.

It sounds as if your jealous of the one's that have. If so your missing life. My advice to you is make as much as you can as long as you can and try to find joy in the life you have or do the best you can to improve your life every single day until you reach that point.
Everyone wants more money but don't hate on people with more than you, have a wonderful day.

Loopholes a fancy word for tax fraud.

Re: Farmers work is never done! [Re: nate] #7160237
01/29/21 10:35 AM
01/29/21 10:35 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by nate
Originally Posted by Huntall76
I usually don't respond to threads like this but I'll make an exception that might help the original poster.

Farming is a business for the most part. So look at it like any other business , some take advantage of it some work hard, some own the business , land equipment and buildings and let others run it and set back and collect money. If there are loop holes that can work to their benefit that's the people making the rules fault. If i could find a loop hole that would let me stop my tax dollars from paying for someone's abortion i would use it.

Their are 2 owners that own the business i work at, one owns 70% and showes up a few times a year and one that owns 30% and works in the building most of the time. If it wasn't for the money of the one that owns 70% there would be no job there for me to have. I don't think less of him because he just sets back and collects the profits because like I said if not for him I wouldn't have that opportunity to make my money. He drives a Mercedes while I drive a hyundai to work and I'm ok with that.

It sounds as if your jealous of the one's that have. If so your missing life. My advice to you is make as much as you can as long as you can and try to find joy in the life you have or do the best you can to improve your life every single day until you reach that point.
Everyone wants more money but don't hate on people with more than you, have a wonderful day.

Loopholes a fancy word for tax fraud.

No, “loophole” is a term coined by a liberal because “lawful exception” doesn’t sound criminal enough.

-Goofy-
Re: Farmers work is never done! [Re: nate] #7160550
01/29/21 02:03 PM
01/29/21 02:03 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Nate, what you should do is go to the bank, borrow 5 million dollars to start farming, and then revisit this thread in five years to tell us all about how many millions you’ve made. Anyone can do it, if you’re to be believed

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread