No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Planning on Flying With a Gun? #7159411
01/28/21 07:58 PM
01/28/21 07:58 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Online content OP
trapper
Moosetrot  Online Content OP
trapper
M

Wisconsin

Re: Planning on Flying With a Gun? [Re: Moosetrot] #7160517
01/29/21 01:35 PM
01/29/21 01:35 PM
mi. u.p
grapestomper Offline
trapper
grapestomper  Offline
trapper

mi. u.p
who wants to fly into washington anyways.

Re: Planning on Flying With a Gun? [Re: Moosetrot] #7160536
01/29/21 01:49 PM
01/29/21 01:49 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
It isn't just flying into WA, for example , GEG in Spokane is used by many from Idaho and Montana . Lots of people, myself included, have taken pistols and all manner of long guns there to fly to destinations , anywhere in the US .

GEG has been the cheapest in cost to fly from, because it is on the main flight hub. Missoula is the other doable option, and I have used that port too, though not part of the main flight path so a bit more expensive.

This situation doesn't surprise me, unfortunately.

I would think with the airlines wanting passengers to fly, they wouldn't do something to cut themselves down even more.

Re: Planning on Flying With a Gun? [Re: Moosetrot] #7160537
01/29/21 01:50 PM
01/29/21 01:50 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
New but not new at the same time. Never fly into NYC with a firearm period. Even if it's on the plane locked in your luggage. If the police find out about it, you will be arrested and sent to Rikers. That's not a joke, it has happened many times. .

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Planning on Flying With a Gun? [Re: Moosetrot] #7160603
01/29/21 02:54 PM
01/29/21 02:54 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Guy from UT flew somewhere, I don't remember where, but he had a connecting flight in NJ. 2nd flight was cancelled. Airline put him up in a NJ hotel overnight. The next morning he returned to the airport and declared his handgun. The same one he had declared in UT that was returned to him with his luggage when his connecting flight was cancelled.

Police were called, he was arrested and charged for possessing a handgun in NJ. Took three years before the prosecutor decided not to prosecute. He could have served 10-1/2 years if convicted. IT's illegal to possess a handgun outside of your home or place of business (that you own) in NJ. Carry permits exist in the law but nobody can actually get one.

-Ryan
Re: Planning on Flying With a Gun? [Re: maintenanceguy] #7160805
01/29/21 05:17 PM
01/29/21 05:17 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
Guy from UT flew somewhere, I don't remember where, but he had a connecting flight in NJ. 2nd flight was cancelled. Airline put him up in a NJ hotel overnight. The next morning he returned to the airport and declared his handgun. The same one he had declared in UT that was returned to him with his luggage when his connecting flight was cancelled.

Police were called, he was arrested and charged for possessing a handgun in NJ. Took three years before the prosecutor decided not to prosecute. He could have served 10-1/2 years if convicted. IT's illegal to possess a handgun outside of your home or place of business (that you own) in NJ. Carry permits exist in the law but nobody can actually get one.

That’s why there is no gun violence in NJ.

-Goofy-
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread