No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Can't Win #7184798
02/16/21 01:00 PM
02/16/21 01:00 PM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Offline OP
trapper
eric space  Offline OP
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
Sunday I went out to put in a couple of sets. We have a lot of snow here and it is hard to get the truck off the road enough to not cause an accident. First place I went I parked about a half mile from where I wanted (a day care center parking lot that I cannot use on weekdays), walked back to where I usually park and spent a half hour shoveling out a parking spot. Walked the 20 yards to the creek and put in my trap. I get there this morning and the township had dumped 2 truckloads of snow they cleaned off a nearby bridge in my shoveled out spot. I had to park over a mile away and walk down the road to get to my set. If you have never walked along a NJ road with its tight snowbanks it is not the safest thing to do. I pulled the set.

Re: Can't Win [Re: eric space] #7184841
02/16/21 01:29 PM
02/16/21 01:29 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Central Pennsylvania
Better safe than sorry.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: Can't Win [Re: eric space] #7184867
02/16/21 01:50 PM
02/16/21 01:50 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
Gonna try to put out some snares for beaver in the next week. Same boat, the gates going off the roads have 4 feet of winged back ice. No way a 4X4 is going through/over this stuff. I am kind of hoping they got the shoulder winged back far enough to safely work out of the truck parallel to the road. (these are pretty wide shoulders).

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread