No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: corky] #7188538
02/18/21 09:04 PM
02/18/21 09:04 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Who gives a rats $$$ what Bill Gates eats. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: Getting There] #7188789
02/19/21 12:08 AM
02/19/21 12:08 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
As far as the atlantic cod in the northeast. the fisherman harvest 9000 tons a year, while the seals harvest 3 to 4 mil tons. But the pups have a nice white coat. What would you western cattle men say if coyotes ate 95% of your herd?

Last edited by teepee2; 02/19/21 12:10 AM.
Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: teepee2] #7188813
02/19/21 12:44 AM
02/19/21 12:44 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by teepee2
As far as the atlantic cod in the northeast. the fisherman harvest 9000 tons a year, while the seals harvest 3 to 4 mil tons. But the pups have a nice white coat. What would you western cattle men say if coyotes ate 95% of your herd?

You don't have to bother reading the entire article, just scroll down and take a look at the graph.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2019/...e-the-fishermen-arent-doing-much-better/

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/14/us/commerce-dept-declares-northeast-fishery-a-disaster.html

Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: corky] #7188814
02/19/21 12:46 AM
02/19/21 12:46 AM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

If billyg is on a no meat diet, no wonder he's saying crazy crud. Let me take him to 5 guys burgers and fries and get some of the good stuff in his system. Problem solved.

Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: corky] #7188824
02/19/21 01:12 AM
02/19/21 01:12 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
[Linked Image]
Fake meat is about as appealing as fake fur try to duplicate this in the laboratory.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: Clark] #7188826
02/19/21 01:15 AM
02/19/21 01:15 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Clark
If you want to learn more about what he is actually doing with his money, watch “Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates”. You don’t have to agree (and I don’t) with every stance he has on issues but he is generally using his wealth to help people live healthier lives with more opportunities for education and advancement.

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
What are Bill's opinions on gun control? Socialized healthcare? Redistribution of wealth by welfare? Free speech?

It's easy to say that anyone who doesn't want children to die of preventable diseases is a "good" person... Only a sociopath would disagree.

And I'm sure most people will agree that less people on the planet would be beneficial. But the answers to the above issues, to me anyway, are a good indicator on how someone would choose to make that happen. I think Bill is of the pragmatic "math doesn't lie" camp... Which was the camp of Stalin and other upstanding members of the human race.

The man's wealth was built on ideas that he "acquired" and tweaked... It makes me wonder what other unoriginal ideas he is tweaking to achieve his goals.

Mike

From what I’ve seen of him, his answer to lowering the worldwide population would be to educate more people (especially girls and women), create a way for them to live in sanitary conditions and reduce the obstacles for people to participate in their society. All of these things are shown to reduce fecundity rates. I have never seen from a reputable source that he would condone mass sterilization, limits on children, etc. Tackle the problem at the source: make it so people don’t feel compelled to have lots of children.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for less people to have to deal with. But when the words "population control" are uttered from the mouths of people in positions of power and influence, us little folk get nervous. And with history to look back on, rightfully so.

But the other issue is that we look at the world right now and decide there's too many of us... We need to rein in the biological imperative to make little copies of ourselves. But that biological imperative exists for a reason. Things are relatively calm right now. But that may not be the case tomorrow afternoon... We may be the bullseye for an errant asteroid... Or the Yellowstone caldera might decide that tomorrow is the day.

Because we can sit here and manipulate pieces of plastic and silicon and argue across vast distances we think we have it all figured out. We don't. We're a cosmic hiccup away from competing with primordial ooze. If the worst happens we will want all the diverse genetic material we can scrounge up.

If you believe in God then you know that at a certain point the scales will be balanced.

If you hold to natural selection then you know that at a certain point the scales will be balanced.

It makes sense to not breed more than we can feed. But when whatever universal force punches our ticket we'll need numbers on our side.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: corky] #7188832
02/19/21 01:36 AM
02/19/21 01:36 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
There's a whole universe for the human race to expand into. We should!

Keith

Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: corky] #7188833
02/19/21 01:38 AM
02/19/21 01:38 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

Re: Bill Gates - Don't eat beef [Re: KeithC] #7188834
02/19/21 01:41 AM
02/19/21 01:41 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by KeithC
There's a whole universe for the human race to expand into. We should!

Keith

It's not that I don't like you and it's not that I don't like me but why would you wish humanity on anyone or anything else? We can go quietly into the night just like cowboys and dinosaurs did. You and I wouldn't miss the loss and the universe would get along just fine without us.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread