No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
28 Nosler or 30 Nosler #7198649
02/27/21 09:34 PM
02/27/21 09:34 PM
Montana
D
Deerkiller Offline OP
trapper
Deerkiller  Offline OP
trapper
D

Montana
My son is wanting a new big gun. I’m looking at a Browning (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)’s Canyon in 28 or 30 Nosler. There both about even from what I have read. Does anyone have any experience with either one. He will be using it for Elk and Deer.

[Linked Image]
Re: 28 Nosler or 30 Nosler [Re: Deerkiller] #7198660
02/27/21 09:39 PM
02/27/21 09:39 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I have a 28 Nosler, Christensen Ridgeline, and it shoots well. Recoil isn't bad, but I'd bet you could feel the 30.

The 30 would give you more choice of bullet weights and also serve better on elk, I think, though I'd hunt elk with the 28 with no hesitation.

My impression is that the 28 is more popular than the 30. I had difficulty finding brass for the 28. It may be even harder finding brass for the 30.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread