No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217225
03/15/21 11:48 PM
03/15/21 11:48 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
Boco, I respect your right to make your own decision, but its unreasonable to expect our family doctors to be able to give sound advice on a virus or a vaccine as new as the ones were dealing with. Even the scientists who have been studying this 24/7 for the last year still dont understand it, and the good ones admit it.

From everything I've read, the all the vaccine does is lessen your chances of getting a severe case of covid. You can still get, and spread it even if you do get vaccinated. So using your doctors info of 92% effective you need to realize that means in a reduction in the severity, not 92% chance you wont get it. Compare that number with the fact that a full 98% of people who get covid have mild symptoms ( thats with no interventions or vaccines) I fail to see the benefit in trusting my health to what can only be described as a totally new vaccine that was rushed.

See my point??

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217241
03/16/21 12:09 AM
03/16/21 12:09 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Thats not how Dan explained it and he had paperwork to verify.
Me and the wife are going next monday.
My choice based on verified information from my trusted family doctor.
See my point?

Why in the world would a family doctor lie to his friends and neighbors in his own community?Dan goes out on the traplines with some of us trappers in winter,and hunts and fishes with us.
And no-he is not a hick doctor-he also has a practice in Montreal,and his own Helicopter to go back and forth.

Dave,you have made your decision on information you have from I dont know where,i respect that,and I have made my decision on firsthand information from a trusted medical professional.

I dont know any older people here who will not get the vaccine.I see they are starting to talk about mandatory vaccination in the States from the large number of ill informed people refusing to get the vaccine.

Last edited by Boco; 03/16/21 12:15 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: Boco] #7217266
03/16/21 01:34 AM
03/16/21 01:34 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Boco
Thats not how Dan explained it and he had paperwork to verify.
Me and the wife are going next monday.
My choice based on verified information from my trusted family doctor.
See my point?

Why in the world would a family doctor lie to his friends and neighbors in his own community?Dan goes out on the traplines with some of us trappers in winter,and hunts and fishes with us.
And no-he is not a hick doctor-he also has a practice in Montreal,and his own Helicopter to go back and forth.

Dave,you have made your decision on information you have from I dont know where,i respect that,and I have made my decision on firsthand information from a trusted medical professional.

I dont know any older people here who will not get the vaccine.I see they are starting to talk about mandatory vaccination in the States from the large number of ill informed people refusing to get the vaccine.

Oh I dont think your doctor lied any more than mine did when she said if I didnt take the drugs that my RA would never get better. The drugs they put you on for RA are nasty. When they put you on the stuff they wanted me to take, you have to have blood tests every 6-months because the drugs ruin your liver. They also on average shorten your lifespan by an average of 15-years. The doctors know all this.

Guess what ? My doctor was wrong. I did my own research and found all kinds of people with RA that have essentially cured themselves with diet. Should you ever get RA I can promise you there is a 95% chance your doctor would tell you the same thing mine did. He wouldnt be lying to you. He would be doing what he was taught. That doesnt make him right.
Dr Ken Berry wrote a book called " The Lies my Doctor Told Me." I think everyone should read it. Its not that they are lying, they simply dont know about a lot of the studies and work other doctors are doing. The reality is they dont have time to keep up with it all. I have read about every clinical trial and study I could find on diet and RA. In the last year i have had consultations ( by phone because of covid) with at least 10-different doctors about my diagnoses. Exactly one of those doctors had heard about the work the clinic in Hungary is doing with autoimmune disease and diet. He was a young doctor from Vancouver and it was like a breath of fresh air talking to him.
All I know for sure is that my life would be much different if i had just blindly followed my doctors advice.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217330
03/16/21 06:52 AM
03/16/21 06:52 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Most doctors are not any different than anybody else other than they did a heck of a lot of homework and schooling. They don't generally have their own knowledge of medicine unless they are research docs or are brave souls that risk the wrath of the the medical boards or the FDA(see the Frontline Doctors group) by doing or prescribed things outside the norms. They do what they've been told to do and know what they've been told to know.

A few years the allergy doc here never heard of the alpha-gal allergy(the tick bite meat allergy). Had a patient that was having problems when they tried to eat meat and couldnt figure it out. His receptionist must of overhead it and because she is a hunter had heard about it and mentioned it to him. The guy had the tick allergy.

Last edited by SNIPERB🦝; 03/16/21 06:53 AM.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217361
03/16/21 07:46 AM
03/16/21 07:46 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
France is trying to mandate health care workers to take it since most are refusing

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7217362
03/16/21 07:48 AM
03/16/21 07:48 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
My SF is an RN of 30 yrs and says no way in heck, as well as her co-workers and doctors on staff.

Well be sure to ask Blaine if they came to their conclusions based on science. It would be silly of them to have an unfounded and unscientific opinion. I mean she's only been a nurse for 30 years.

crazy crazy

Blaine is one of the 3 idjits on my ignore list. I try to keep my world sensible.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217370
03/16/21 08:05 AM
03/16/21 08:05 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I went to Mayo Clinic in Rochester to find out why I was having episodes. The best and brightest in the world at Mayo told me "this is something you're just going to have to live with" Then I went to a traveling Dr that came to the hospital in my little home town in Nebraska. He listened for 30 seconds and told me I was having seizures. He put me on medication and haven't had a seizure in 3 years. A case of where the best and brightest were wrong and an old guy with experience was right. It happens yet nobody can admit when they are wrong. Medical is complex.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217411
03/16/21 09:03 AM
03/16/21 09:03 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Blaine is one of the 3 idjits on my ignore list. I try to keep my world sensible.

I likely made it to his ignore list for reminding the world that Gary is on welfare and saps tax dollars from hard working Americans.

Here is another reminder, world.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217426
03/16/21 09:16 AM
03/16/21 09:16 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Main stream media here is reporting 300 million vaccinations administered worldwide without a single death attributed to it.

I know, I know, it's just the news.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: Gary Benson] #7217431
03/16/21 09:24 AM
03/16/21 09:24 AM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
I went to Mayo Clinic in Rochester to find out why I was having episodes. The best and brightest in the world at Mayo told me "this is something you're just going to have to live with" Then I went to a traveling Dr that came to the hospital in my little home town in Nebraska. He listened for 30 seconds and told me I was having seizures. He put me on medication and haven't had a seizure in 3 years. A case of where the best and brightest were wrong and an old guy with experience was right. It happens yet nobody can admit when they are wrong. Medical is complex.

I've heard a lot worse about the mayo unless it's cut and dried you just as well move on.
Great to hear you got some help.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217457
03/16/21 10:00 AM
03/16/21 10:00 AM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
I haven't followed this post very well , but seems there's a lot of talk about follow the science. So follow a group that can't tell you if an egg is good for you or weather salt is good for you. What about raw milk or pasturize milk? But I'll can tell you this the covid vaccine hands down is the best thing you can do for yourself. Follow what? I'll make my own decisions.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7217493
03/16/21 10:36 AM
03/16/21 10:36 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Main stream media here is reporting 300 million vaccinations administered worldwide without a single death attributed to it.

I know, I know, it's just the news.

This vaccine is currently approved here in Canada, and they are trying to get approval in the USA. The same MSM that is reporting 300 million vaccinations administered without a single death, are avoiding this story like the plague...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...using-use-of-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine/

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217507
03/16/21 10:51 AM
03/16/21 10:51 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
7 clots out of millions of vaccinations of one particular vaccine(astrzenica)-LOL.

Last edited by Boco; 03/16/21 10:52 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217519
03/16/21 11:00 AM
03/16/21 11:00 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

When is Trump going to admit to his anti-vaxxers that he and his wife had the vaccine? It will be fun to watch the backtracking on T Man--because it's not enough that he had the vaccine, he has to tell them to take it.

This of course assumes that Trump actually cares about anyone other than himself so I will likely be waiting a long, long time to watch this.....

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: Blaine County] #7217526
03/16/21 11:08 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Originally Posted by Blaine County
When is Trump going to admit to his anti-vaxxers that he and his wife had the vaccine? It will be fun to watch the backtracking on T Man--because it's not enough that he had the vaccine, he has to tell them to take it.

This of course assumes that Trump actually cares about anyone other than himself so I will likely be waiting a long, long time to watch this.....

Your TDS is showing again
Just sayin

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217527
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
And before you ask
I suffer from CFS

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: Blaine County] #7217530
03/16/21 11:13 AM
03/16/21 11:13 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

When did he ever say not to take it?if you'll recall he had covid. There was a lot of confusion and debate on whether or people that had covid to take the vaccine. Took about a month for guidance to day that those that had covid are fine to take the vaccine. Current white house residents were the ones telling people not to take the Trump vaccine during the campaign.

Last edited by SNIPERB🦝; 03/16/21 11:13 AM.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217534
03/16/21 11:20 AM
03/16/21 11:20 AM
wyoming
W
WyFurHarvesters Offline
trapper
WyFurHarvesters  Offline
trapper
W

wyoming
Dont read your toothpaste tube or Aspirin bottle lots of warnings! put it in perspective

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: WyFurHarvesters] #7217540
03/16/21 11:26 AM
03/16/21 11:26 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters
Dont read your toothpaste tube or Aspirin bottle lots of warnings! put it in perspective

The difference is nobody is trying to force or shame you into taking aspirin.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: wetdog] #7217542
03/16/21 11:27 AM
03/16/21 11:27 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by wetdog

Your TDS is showing again
Just sayin

No TDS, I just like intellectual honesty. If he would admit having been administered the vaccine before leaving office, we could have saved a lot of debate in this country. Maybe the nurses would feel better too.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread