No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I might be done with car repairs [Re: maintenanceguy] #7224437
03/23/21 11:30 AM
03/23/21 11:30 AM
Idaho
P
peej Offline
trapper
peej  Offline
trapper
P

Idaho

Re: I might be done with car repairs [Re: maintenanceguy] #7224505
03/23/21 12:22 PM
03/23/21 12:22 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

that is how you make it to retirement in mostly one piece.

but yes girl hands and muscles get found anytime you do anything again.

I also drive a desk , my back got to be an issue sitting , now I stand , been standing 9 years back has been better standing than it had been for a bunch of years sitting.

I worked with a guy, now retired, who had two desks. He had one computer but set it up with two monitors, two keyboards, and two mice. He would sit for a while at his regular desk and then turn around and stand at his standing desk for a while. He probably shifted from one position to the other two dozen times during the day. At the time I thought it was silly. I'm starting to see the wisdom.

I have a rubber mat I stand on the desk is about even with my sternum for height.
I have a padded stool to sit on when I want to sit
I lean on my desk a fair amount during the day

the warning is it's gonna make you really tired for about 2 weeks getting used to it

the latest car project is running new brake lines on my sons 88 s-10 I tell him what needs to be done and get parts , then when he gets good and frustrated I do what ever he had been fighting with in a few minutes then stand back again.

the learning works better that way.

he is 17 and in 2 days he has gone from never making a double flair brake line to getting rather good at the flair, not as good about remembering to put the fitting on before he makes the flare , but he is getting better at that also after having to cut his flairs off and start over a few times.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 03/23/21 12:28 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread