No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229861
03/29/21 11:17 AM
03/29/21 11:17 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by charles

Maybe Lysol is the answer. I am not impressed with closed minded people who know better, but are influenced by uninformed, ill advised friends rather than medical professionals.

Charlie boy, you just described yourself! lol

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229874
03/29/21 11:39 AM
03/29/21 11:39 AM
Montana
Y
Yellowstone Offline
trapper
Yellowstone  Offline
trapper
Y

Montana
Charles actually go talk to real physicians who treat patients not the ones on tv that don’t or have never treated a patient. I work with many every single day. They all say there is no masks that work. It’s too small of a virus. Especially the masks everyone wears. Cloth really? Neck gaiters? We all were wearing n95 masks and eye protection while during emergency surgeries on COVID patients. Guess what we pretty much all got it. Trust me I was scared to death of it when it all started and I took precautions to the extreme. I was made fun of by my doctors cause they knew dang well we cannot stop it with masks. Sorry this darn thing is running it’s course if we like it or not.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229882
03/29/21 11:49 AM
03/29/21 11:49 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by charles

Maybe Lysol is the answer. I am not impressed with closed minded people who know better, but are influenced by uninformed, ill advised friends rather than medical professionals.

Why not use critical thinking and "common" sense.

No Jab.
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229894
03/29/21 12:14 PM
03/29/21 12:14 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Some people, for whatever reason, just like to scare theirselves. Its not about reason. Kinda like the people running around saying an executive order can change established law.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: The Unmasked [Re: yukon254] #7229959
03/29/21 02:33 PM
03/29/21 02:33 PM
PA
H
hooftrimmer20 Offline
trapper
hooftrimmer20  Offline
trapper
H

PA
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Yellowstone
Go find me ONE MEDICAL study showing that even an n95 mask which I wear at work in the hospital can block this virus! You can’t! There are zero! Your cloth masks are doing nothing but have you breathe in your own bacteria unless you wash it every hour. It can’t stop anything. The normal little blue medical masks we wear in surgery are even unable to stop from breathing in the virus or exhaling it. Go look at the studies. Quit scolding and sitting on your high horse Charles.

This ^. Amazing to me that so many just blindly follow along without doing their own research. The scientific evidence actually shows that masks are more likely to do harm than good. A virus thrives in moist conditions...like under/in a mask. So much information out there now that there is no excuse for continuing to believe everything you hear on TV. This isnt about a virus and never was.

Yep. We don't wear masks here. haven't the entire time. We all got a little sick at one point, got better and went on with life. Also send my 7 y/o to a private school that doesn't require masks or distancing, they haven't closed or had any issues whatsoever this entire school year. I'll gladly send them my hard earned money so she can have a normal school experience.

3%
Re: The Unmasked [Re: hooftrimmer20] #7229968
03/29/21 02:41 PM
03/29/21 02:41 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by hooftrimmer20
send my 7 y/o to a private school that doesn't require masks or distancing, they haven't closed or had any issues whatsoever this entire school year.

That’s impressive. lol

-Goofy-
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229975
03/29/21 02:45 PM
03/29/21 02:45 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
All the places around here say "Mask required". It's posted on the door. However, some business have an addendum posted with it that states, "unless you have a medical condition that prohibits you from wearing one." I was amazed at all the sick people in that particular store, including me.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7230023
03/29/21 03:54 PM
03/29/21 03:54 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Here in my town there's probably 10-20% of people still wearing masks. There were more last summer when the fear and uncertainty were higher, but after a year of seeing worldwide that it makes absolutely no significant difference to covid, most people are over it.

The big businesses, of course, are just trying to cover their liability and PR butts. Home Depot has big signs at the doors saying masks required. Inside, no one cares, including the employees and managers. That's the case pretty much everywhere, with or without signs. I know of 2 businesses where the managers actually buy the fear and enforce masks. That's 2 out of a couple hundred.

Last edited by KenaiKid; 03/29/21 03:55 PM.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7230026
03/29/21 03:57 PM
03/29/21 03:57 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK

Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7230042
03/29/21 04:08 PM
03/29/21 04:08 PM
Province of Ontario, Canada
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Province of Ontario, Canada
Yellowstone, I get what you are saying about the mask and associated medical studies.

However, I don't think wearing a mask was ever the only thing that would assist preventing the spread of the Virus. Social distancing, washing of hands...limiting large gathering of people, regular cleaning of possible contaminated surfaces are all steps that may prevent the spread of the virus. Interesting enough many businesses are already taking some of these steps and obviously it has worked to a point (based on comments posted) .

I am not a medical practionner and certainly don't claim to have advanced knowledge on the issue, however, medical staff who are risking their lives everyday and promoting preventive measures are certainly not making it up.

At some point I believe we have to trust those who have medical expertise on this.

I have been fortunate, I have not lost any family members or friends to this illness. However, those who have may have different views on preventive measures.

I don't think doing nothing about the potential spread of Covid is the answer. I see it as somewhat of a moral obligation to do something to help saving lives and it means following requirements imposed by local health dept, so be it. I understand some may have different views on this.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: Yellowstone] #7230137
03/29/21 06:38 PM
03/29/21 06:38 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Originally Posted by Yellowstone
Sorry this darn thing is running it’s course if we like it or not.

Exactly. But why let a good crisis go to waste when there's power and profits to be gained??

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread