It looks like I may be forced to install a new septic system. Sucks but ok. Except the house needs 26 windows, 4 doors, roof, kitchen and 2 baths redone. Then it's to close to the road. Like 18' from the road.

So I'm thinking building would be a better use of resources. Near but not hooked up at my 1830's built log cabin that's 300 yards off the road, there is electricity ran underground and soon water lines when it dries out . Only need a septic. But building materials are crazy so in hesitate.
I would like to build off the back of the cabin its 4 room 2 story but needs some serious work/logs replaced. Or build a nice size barn and finish part of it out to live in.

I would like 5 bedrooms large country kitchen/dining room and 2 baths. The issue is it's the worst prices on building materials I have ever seen with no end in sight.

Are there any good programs to help me design the buildings room sizes ect.. I'm probably not going to find an accurate price list for materials since they go up ever day it seems.

This on top of 2 other large projects I need to get finished and garden season kicking off. I'm getting overwhelmed and that's very out of character for me. To the point I could hear and feel my heart beat in my head armed and chest when I tried taking a nap befor going in for night shift tonight. Of course my mind would not have let that happen even though I was tired from being up most of last night with goats that were kidding.