No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: atrapper] #7247992
04/20/21 05:38 PM
04/20/21 05:38 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by atrapper
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
It seems like no ones opinions on medical matters mean anything to anyone--unless they are the same as what you believe.
It isn't just medical matters, it is pretty much everything--human nature.
Tom

Yep, exactly right about that. Pandemics, politics, religion, trapping, etc. The problem I see with this pandemic is that nobody actually knows enough about it to know anything about it. It's only been in existence for a year so the scientific world has little baseline on it. And for those that should be in the know, like the previously mentioned scientist from Stanford, who's to say that he's not being influenced or pressured by one political party or another. Follow the dollar, there are always strings attached somewhere. That being said, we are left to make our own opinions based on our own anecdotal experiences. I'm required to wear a mask every minute that I'm at work as an elementary school teacher. I can't say one way or another if wearing a mask has or hasn't done anything to curb Covid but I can with certainty say that all of the precautions that our school has done with quarantining, mask wearing, and classroom sanitation has resulted in much, much fewer other sicknesses than in previous years. Ever since I've been a teacher, for over a decade, the flu season hits hard between December and March. No flu season this year. It's the first year in all of my years teaching that I personally haven't been sick. My three kids never got a cold or flu all winter which has never happened before. So, say what you want about masks, quarantining, and other precautions related to Covid. I have no idea if any of them have made a difference. I will say with certainty, however, that there have been some silver linings that have come out of all of this. Maybe we've learned something more about the flu or how to keep our society, schools, etc., safer for people.

This is what all the precautions have done!!!!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: elkaholic] #7248001
04/20/21 05:47 PM
04/20/21 05:47 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by elkaholic
This is what he said on facebook live about mask wearing and such:

"““I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying,” the singer said. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days, but I did, I crawled. I’ve never been so sick in all my life,” Nugent said. He went on to suggest there is no point in being tested for COVID-19 and downplayed the need for social distancing, mask wearing and being vaccinated against the virus.

That does not sound like he is for mask wearing.....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7248005
04/20/21 05:53 PM
04/20/21 05:53 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I was vaccinated in January and February. I still wear my mask. It is not political to me. I have nothing to loose by being careful with my life. I rather not be dead wrong.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7248044
04/20/21 06:55 PM
04/20/21 06:55 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
It seems like no ones opinions on medical matters mean anything to anyone--unless they are the same as what you believe.
Tom

Tom, this can be construed both ways, you get offended when it don't go your way....yep human nature. I truly believe there are going to be sick people for years that have been wearing masks constantly. Most don't wear clean masks often enough, and there is NO science out there about what it's doing to everyone's immune system. We need to quit calling a pandemic, that don't hold water either. Enjoy yer mask!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7248053
04/20/21 07:01 PM
04/20/21 07:01 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Tom

Tom, this can be construed both ways, you get offended when it don't go your way....yep human nature. I truly believe there are going to be sick people for years that have been wearing masks constantly. Most don't wear clean masks often enough, and there is NO science out there about what it's doing to everyone's immune system. We need to quit calling a pandemic, that don't hold water either. Enjoy yer mask!

Nobody can clean their own masks well enough if they don't have a hospital grade laundry system. Think there was a thing early last year where you could possible steam sanitize the masks in a crockpot or if you had a UV cleaner you could use that

Last edited by SNIPERB🦝; 04/20/21 07:02 PM.
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Boco] #7248055
04/20/21 07:02 PM
04/20/21 07:02 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
He was mistaken-he didnt have covid,he had a relapse of Cat Scratch Fever.

grin

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: charles] #7248057
04/20/21 07:05 PM
04/20/21 07:05 PM
North Carolina
F
finbar Offline
trapper
finbar  Offline
trapper
F

North Carolina
Originally Posted by charles
I was vaccinated in January and February. I still wear my mask. It is not political to me. I have nothing to loose by being careful with my life. I rather not be dead wrong.

What this study (which is a meta-analysis of previous studies) suggests that cloth mask wearing might increase your risk of contracting Covid-19. You should be careful with your life. But every medical intervention has risks (and death caused by medical treatment is one the most frequent causes of death). I have cared for dozens of patients with acute Covid and wear extensive personal protective equipment.but Joe Public's cloth mask isn't the same thing: it's not a respirator, it's not don and doffed correctly (which has a very precise procedure), and it isn't disposed of immediately after use.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7248058
04/20/21 07:06 PM
04/20/21 07:06 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Exactly, Sniper!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7248062
04/20/21 07:10 PM
04/20/21 07:10 PM
NE Ohio
C
capt.scott Offline
trapper
capt.scott  Offline
trapper
C

NE Ohio
I heard it had a stranglehold on him.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Marty] #7248255
04/20/21 10:11 PM
04/20/21 10:11 PM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
Originally Posted by Marty
Originally Posted by elkaholic
This is what he said on facebook live about mask wearing and such:

"““I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying,” the singer said. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days, but I did, I crawled. I’ve never been so sick in all my life,” Nugent said. He went on to suggest there is no point in being tested for COVID-19 and downplayed the need for social distancing, mask wearing and being vaccinated against the virus.

That does not sound like he is for mask wearing.....

Marty
Thanks for the truth. That sounds more like it.
You seen these filthy mask people are wearing these days? It's disgusting they make handkerchief look clean.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: Bogmaster] #7248303
04/20/21 11:11 PM
04/20/21 11:11 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I never paid much attention to what that head banger had to say.

Yeah, he likes to hunt. End of commonality.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: T-Rex] #7248309
04/20/21 11:19 PM
04/20/21 11:19 PM
PA
F
Flint Lock Offline
trapper
Flint Lock  Offline
trapper
F

PA
Originally Posted by T-Rex
I never paid much attention to what that head banger had to say.

Yeah, he likes to hunt. End of commonality.

+1
His opinions on everything are extreme one way or the other, so nothing to see here.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #7248314
04/20/21 11:21 PM
04/20/21 11:21 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I read the article and see no change on his stance. I have a fairly decent ability to comprehend. I would argue, if he called people sheep, he still views them as sheep. Sheep are followers without regard to consideration. Read into it what you want, but if you follow others telling you what to do without thinking for yourself- you are sheep. If you are fearful of a virus, I would wear a fitted respirator designed for keeping virus sized particles out. I am not. I am not living in a spirit of fear. If I get sick, I get sick. My trust is completely in the Lord. I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made and by His stripes I was/am healed. Again, for me death has no sting. I choose to not live in fear and would like others to have the choice how to live their lives without imposing their fear on me and my family. Very simple.

Very well said.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: ] #7248411
04/21/21 06:49 AM
04/21/21 06:49 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I read the article and see no change on his stance. I have a fairly decent ability to comprehend. I would argue, if he called people sheep, he still views them as sheep. Sheep are followers without regard to consideration. Read into it what you want, but if you follow others telling you what to do without thinking for yourself- you are sheep. If you are fearful of a virus, I would wear a fitted respirator designed for keeping virus sized particles out. I am not. I am not living in a spirit of fear. If I get sick, I get sick. My trust is completely in the Lord. I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made and by His stripes I was/am healed. Again, for me death has no sting. I choose to not live in fear and would like others to have the choice how to live their lives without imposing their fear on me and my family. Very simple.

Very well said.

X2

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes [Re: bowhunter27295] #7249586
04/22/21 01:19 PM
04/22/21 01:19 PM
PA
H
hooftrimmer20 Offline
trapper
hooftrimmer20  Offline
trapper
H

PA
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Tom

Fauxi and the like come on and basically say you should wear a mask if you love your mom and your children. Do it for others he says. No science. No explanation. Just wear it.

Scientists and universities present factual information and studies that detail how ineffective the masks we use are against a virus (Scuba's pics). Articles get posted with references and evidence. Then they get labeled as kooks and conspiracy theorists. "They wear thin foil hats" says the other side of the issue.

I have seen no one present factual information backed up with evidence and references about how masks are beneficial and prevent covid transmission. The only reference I have seen to the efficacy of masks is "because fauxi said so".

If you want to have an intelligent discussion, present intelligent facts and references. Don't tell intelligent people "because fauxi said so". It will fall on deaf ears and you will look......well.........

Absolutely . . they play off peoples fear and emotions as opposed to facts

3%
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread