Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Club footed coyote? #7250519
04/23/21 08:29 PM
04/23/21 08:29 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
So after not realizing they launched a space craft this morning and thinking I might have to start believing in UFO’s while checking traps, I came up on this girl. I knew she was jumping around funny but didn’t realize until after dispatch of what was actually wrong.
I thought maybe she had lost part of her leg due to a shot or previous trap experience, but she had part of a pad and claws on that leg. So I’m guessing a deformity from birth? However it happened it’s my first 3.5 legged coyote.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Club footed coyote? [Re: Wanna Be] #7250521
04/23/21 08:30 PM
04/23/21 08:30 PM
GA
P
PSPH17 Offline
trapper
PSPH17  Offline
trapper
P

GA
Cool. I’ve never seen one like that either.

Re: Club footed coyote? [Re: Wanna Be] #7250720
04/24/21 07:52 AM
04/24/21 07:52 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
Have seen that twice in my life. Both were turned in to a fur buyer. No telling how it happened, only guessing an injury as a pup. Perhaps mom laid on that leg, pinched a blood vessel and/or nerve, when it was born. Shows the resiliency of the species! Caught one in a snare going under a fence years ago that chewed out. Had it by the front foot pegged against the neck. Caught it for the 2nd time 2 miles straight south 3 weeks later and it was in pretty good shape all things considered. Resiliency of the species!............ the mike

Re: Club footed coyote? [Re: Wanna Be] #7250773
04/24/21 08:58 AM
04/24/21 08:58 AM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Wanna Be. Thats pretty rare catch right their. I am going to say = I have only caught a few club footed coyotes in my 32 years of trapping. Well done. I have caught lots that were missing toes. LoL! Caught a few peg legs in the south. Few tripods = from rifle shots. I quess my weirdest Was a juvenile coyote caught by the mouth

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91