No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: property-surveying-legal questions [Re: Zim] #7254145
04/28/21 10:04 PM
04/28/21 10:04 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Originally Posted by Zim
I sure learned a lot about about how folks perceive legalities concerning boundary law from reading this thread.
Please carry on.

Zim

smile

Re: property-surveying-legal questions [Re: BernieB.] #7254155
04/28/21 10:16 PM
04/28/21 10:16 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by BernieB.
UPDATE:

I had a phone conversation with him yesterday. He realizes he is in the wrong and is very apologetic. The original building was there before either one of us bought the places. The new one is his fault and he admits that. He agreed to pay for a surveyor to come and find the corner and then he wants to run a line towards the water and purchase a pie-shaped piece that will put all the buildings on his land including the 10-foot setback. This would give him more lakeshore which I don't care about since I have no intention of using that lakeshore anyway. My property taxes will go down because the 600 feet of lakeshore I have is what makes my property taxes so high. Good for me and it gets him off the hook.

He says the building materials for the new building will arrive in two weeks and wanted to know what he should do since we can't close a deal that fast, I told him go ahead and finish the building, we'll get this nailed down this summer. He will pay my price for that little piece of land of course but I am not going to gouge him. I'll just pay it on the principle of the mortgage. The bank should have no problem with it since I have plenty of equity on the property. Next step is to go to the bank and clear it with them.

He understands he is going to have to pay for everything. The guy just made an honest mistake and has owned up to it. Wish more people were like this. Plus he knows how to catch walleyes on this lake and now I have some leverage for finding out some of his spots!

You did good and are obviously a good person.

Re: property-surveying-legal questions [Re: BernieB.] #7272564
05/25/21 11:24 PM
05/25/21 11:24 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline OP
trapper
BernieB.  Offline OP
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Thought you might be interested in an update. He hired a surveyor who found that the new concrete slab he put down for a new building is inches from the property line and the county has a 10 foot setback rule so he is in violation. An existing building is 2.5 feet onto my property so also in violation.

We agreed to move the property line 15 feet to the south and agreed upon a price. He says a check is in the mail and we will sign an agreement when the surveyor gets the paperwork turned in to the county.

Re: property-surveying-legal questions [Re: BernieB.] #7272606
05/26/21 03:28 AM
05/26/21 03:28 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Sounds like you were both reasonable. Congratulations on finding a solution.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: property-surveying-legal questions [Re: BernieB.] #7272678
05/26/21 08:16 AM
05/26/21 08:16 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
There is an old saying. " You can divorce your wife, but you have to live with your neighbours"

That should have cost him a pretty penny. Survey and filing a new property deed, and your having to have the bank accept the changes and their re-filing charges.
May be the County also has those buildings on your tax assessment as well, many use Google to count buildings, swimming pools etc

Re: property-surveying-legal questions [Re: BernieB.] #7272743
05/26/21 09:55 AM
05/26/21 09:55 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by BernieB.
UPDATE:

I had a phone conversation with him yesterday. He realizes he is in the wrong and is very apologetic. The original building was there before either one of us bought the places. The new one is his fault and he admits that. He agreed to pay for a surveyor to come and find the corner and then he wants to run a line towards the water and purchase a pie-shaped piece that will put all the buildings on his land including the 10-foot setback. This would give him more lakeshore which I don't care about since I have no intention of using that lakeshore anyway. My property taxes will go down because the 600 feet of lakeshore I have is what makes my property taxes so high. Good for me and it gets him off the hook.

He says the building materials for the new building will arrive in two weeks and wanted to know what he should do since we can't close a deal that fast, I told him go ahead and finish the building, we'll get this nailed down this summer. He will pay my price for that little piece of land of course but I am not going to gouge him. I'll just pay it on the principle of the mortgage. The bank should have no problem with it since I have plenty of equity on the property. Next step is to go to the bank and clear it with them.

He understands he is going to have to pay for everything. The guy just made an honest mistake and has owned up to it. Wish more people were like this. Plus he knows how to catch walleyes on this lake and now I have some leverage for finding out some of his spots!

LOL Don't bet on your taxes going down. First if it has been awhile since the last property evaluation they will get you. IF the school/gov taxes went up since covid or change in politics it will go up.
Local school system here requested a a reval on all property and my home value went up 60,000 because of the free money bobo is printing.
Just read another thread about property value increases .

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread