Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support Lenon's Lures, our sponsor for the Kids Forum Page)
Print Thread
Hop To
What all can you render in the sun? #7254924
04/29/21 11:18 PM
04/29/21 11:18 PM
PA
K
KeeperOfTheCoons Offline OP
trapper
KeeperOfTheCoons  Offline OP
trapper
K

PA
I know you can make fish oil but can you sun render any fat or fatty meat? What about eggs for instance. Once I forgot a dozen of nightcrawlers in my car and 3 days later of it sitting in the hot sun it was so strong. It was like a stink bomb, what if you did the same process of making fish oil but you used worms instead of fish?

Always learning
Lifetime NRA member
Re: What all can you render in the sun? [Re: KeeperOfTheCoons] #7255150
04/30/21 09:41 AM
04/30/21 09:41 AM
Ohio, USA
Ave Offline
trapper
Ave  Offline
trapper

Ohio, USA
That would be a good question to ask the lure makers on this forum. I’ve rendered down pork fat and beaver tails before, it works well. I’ve also made lure with eggs, by stirring eggs in a jar and leaving them in the sun. It has an interesting smell, and a thick consistency. The hard part is keeping flies out of it.

Ave don't go where the beaver don't flow
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bogmaster