ADC Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #725551
05/19/08 10:57 PM
05/19/08 10:57 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Local demographics for one. Materials cost for exclusion work. What kind of competition you have and what they charge.

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #725741
05/20/08 06:45 AM
05/20/08 06:45 AM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Here is a link to a thread in the ADC Archives that contains quite a bit of information.
http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=210#Post210

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #732200
05/26/08 07:02 AM
05/26/08 07:02 AM
Connecticut
Mystic Wildlife Offline
trapper
Mystic Wildlife  Offline
trapper

Connecticut
"the statistical data of a population, esp. those showing average age, income, education, etc. "

For example, if you live around a lot of wealthy people in a thriving economy you will be charging more than if you live in an area of a dead economy and no jobs. That's why pricing is a difficult question to answer. It depends on so many factors.

As a begining part-timer I'll be starting on the low end of things, and then raise my prices as I get busier.

Last edited by Woofman; 05/26/08 07:04 AM.
Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: Mystic Wildlife] #732492
05/26/08 02:18 PM
05/26/08 02:18 PM
louisiana
K
Kirk Offline
trapper
Kirk  Offline
trapper
K

louisiana
How about what a customers can afford I do that sort of thing down here in louisiana and face it even thought we have over head too somtimes the customer just cant afford the cost

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: Kirk] #732572
05/26/08 03:56 PM
05/26/08 03:56 PM
Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
B
Bob Evans,-CWCP Offline
trapper
Bob Evans,-CWCP  Offline
trapper
B

Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
It's good to give back to the community.
Don't go hungry or broke doing it?
If they can't afford it they will learn to live with it or find the money.
Some of the biggest whiners are the people who can afford work but feel YOU owe it too them.
One case was a woman that asked me to trap some coon out of her storage building.Price was agreed,by supper time received call can you clean old lumber and junk. I told her I would get someone with big truck. Bed time "are they insured" no!
6:00 AM "they will have to get insurance".Now all this for the SAME price to trap the coon!
next call came at 8:00 am "will you clean up the poop and disinfect the area?" for the same dollar.
last call came at lunch wanted to know if it could be done by night fall,she had company coming?
I finally told her to look for someone else.
Some people are just cheap!!
bob

Bird,live honey Bee,Unique wildlife problems SOLVED.
Serving the great state of New York

livetrappingbymatt.net
Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: Bob Evans,-CWCP] #732672
05/26/08 05:02 PM
05/26/08 05:02 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Bottom line..... NEVER let the customer have ANY control over your pricing. It is what it is...... if they will not pay your price, they can live with the problem or find someone to do it for the "customer" price. Don't let it bother you if you find out they found someone who took care of the job for half the cost you quoted. If you went into a regular job, punched the time clock, and the boss told you you were working for 1/2 your normal wages for a week, do you stay and work as usual? Of course not... you find another place to work. Same deal in wildlife control. Your operating costs DO NOT CHANGE regardless of your job site. Your are driving the nails in your own coffin when you start letting the customers "make a deal" with you.

Ron Scheller

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #732902
05/26/08 07:45 PM
05/26/08 07:45 PM
Iowa
T
Tibb79 Offline
trapper
Tibb79  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Great advice Ron. Your time is worth what it is. Don't sacrifice just to get the job. You'll be out of business in no time.

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: Tibb79] #733185
05/26/08 10:28 PM
05/26/08 10:28 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Being firm on pricing should also never be presented "with an attitude". It is super important to be able to develop your skills to include friendly conversation with the customer while explaining your program and costs associated with performing the job. You will find many will return calls if you have done a good job of talking with them about the different "levels" of wildlife control. Make sure they are aware that you provide a complete solution, along with follow-up clean-out work, trimming of tree branches, and repairs with exclusion work. The "cheaper" company will most likely not offer a full-service program, and people will realize WHY there is such a wide variety of prices.

I have been asked by many people: "What is the most difficult animal to deal with?"

Standard answer (and truthful) = Humans.

Ron Scheller

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #733233
05/26/08 11:06 PM
05/26/08 11:06 PM
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Originally Posted By: suredve
---so i just quoted a pretty low price per beaver. i won't say the price but it would be about what the fur buyer would pay you for a kitt beaver.---

suredve-
It looks like you made a contract with him. Follow it up! When I started up, I did many jobs for free just to gain the experience. It is very difficult to increase the price after a job begins unless something new shows up. Only a good inspection and experience will determine what the job is worth. Only you can determine what you believe that your work is worth. Only the customer can determine what he is willing to pay.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #742828
06/04/08 01:07 PM
06/04/08 01:07 PM
Wisconsin
M
MikeFlick Offline
trapper
MikeFlick  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
It can be complicated with what you are after,how far you need to go. what your route looks like. What about a guarantee? It may cost you alot of money to back that up.
Anyone interested in some 24/7 support on bids,phone support/customer service, can free you up from having a phone glued to your head while you are trying to work. Just go to Thewildlifepro.com/anytimeform.html
For the new guy or the established WCO. You will love what we have to offer!

http://www.anytimeanimalcontrol.com
Wildlife Control Nationwide 800-714-8727
Re: adc work/ what to-how to charge [Re: ] #742980
06/04/08 04:06 PM
06/04/08 04:06 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Nick is Rochester in your service area? PM me