No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Hey Moosetrot ...... #7258650
05/06/21 12:20 AM
05/06/21 12:20 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline OP
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline OP
trapper
N

New Hampshire
[Linked Image]

Still looking good ...eh.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7258658
05/06/21 01:32 AM
05/06/21 01:32 AM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
She's lookin a little red in the face.

Reckon Ol' Nessie's got her all hot and bothered? shocked

Charlie grin

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7258724
05/06/21 07:30 AM
05/06/21 07:30 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I went by Moosetrots house yesterday morning.. Was a big box sitting between vehicles in drive, next to the old Winnebago. Looked like maybe UPS or FeDx just dropped it. Looked to be maybe new big screen TV to watch Dah Packers :-) I thought about stopping pirating it, put in jeep. But didn't want catch load bird shot in butt. So I just threw my empty Hammes cans and some MickeyD wrappers in yard and fled.. My wife wasn't impressed. LOL

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7258733
05/06/21 07:49 AM
05/06/21 07:49 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
HER EYES.....THEY'RE INTOXICATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did you do to make her blush so bad?

GO, NESSIE, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac-That's the box from my new electric fat tire mountain bike! Had a professional bike guy put it together on Monday. That thing rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Built like a tank. So far I have gotten it up to 18 mph on the road without pedaling. Really like it so far.

I am heading out turkey hunting today so I rigged it up with a trailer I made out of an old golf cart. Blind, seat, etc. all fits on there just great and I can hardly tell I am towing anything. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

And yeah, our ditches are a major dumping ground so feel free to fling whatever you want.

Moosetrot

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7258750
05/06/21 08:14 AM
05/06/21 08:14 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Wife and I were up that way at an Estate sale down ZB from you.. Place was nice house lake side and I'm pretty sure I couldn't even afford the view.
My sister and brother in law have them fancy new fat tire e-bikes.. Brother in law got his first as he is pretty banged up. Offered me use of it last fall for deer hunting. Truth is I need to walk my cripple butt in woods just to stay in shape. Is funny though walking out at end of day. Had a guy on one them bikes sneak right up behind me on the trail. Didn't know he was there until right by my side.

I have this season too for turkey but my zone is north by camper at Black River. Not sure going to get up there even one day to hunt.
My son had last season and he shot a jake first morning. We used his New Polaris Ranger to drive the mile out in the field. That beat walking and is going in style too.

Mac

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7258752
05/06/21 08:22 AM
05/06/21 08:22 AM
Wisconsin
R
RdFx Offline
trapper
RdFx  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Dang Moosey, where did you find bank to give you a loan to buy an expensive ebike ??? They are wonders and worth it if you got bum knees. My son works in bike shop, everything backordered on ebikes

RdFx
Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Macthediver] #7258759
05/06/21 08:38 AM
05/06/21 08:38 AM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Macthediver
I went by Moosetrots house yesterday morning.. Was a big box sitting between vehicles in drive, next to the old Winnebago. Looked like maybe UPS or FeDx just dropped it. Looked to be maybe new big screen TV to watch Dah Packers :-) I thought about stopping pirating it, put in jeep. But didn't want catch load bird shot in butt. So I just threw my empty Hammes cans and some MickeyD wrappers in yard and fled.. My wife wasn't impressed. LOL

Mac

So as I starting reading this I was more thinking blow up doll-oh wait wrong forum

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7258771
05/06/21 09:12 AM
05/06/21 09:12 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
What model bike did you get Moosetrot? Did you buy it at a local bike shop or order on line?

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7259084
05/06/21 08:07 PM
05/06/21 08:07 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Thanks to Uncle Joe's stimulous check I was able to order it online. It is a Radrover Step-Through. If you Google RAD E-bikes you will find them. I researched them for about a year and finally pulled the trigger. This thing is built like a tank. I had a professional bike guy assemble it, just because he offered. I think I could have probably done it but I have been known to mess up such things.

It's a 750 Watt, and it come with lights, fenders, and lots of bells and whistles. It seems like a very quality bike and it is going to be a game-changer for me for hunting and trapping. Only downside is it is heavy but I am able to handle it easily. As compared to other similar E-bikes I think it is pretty inexpensive at $1699 with shipping included.

I was able to haul my gear in a jerry-rigged trailer made out of an old golf bag cart. Couldn't even tell it was back there. Instead of a half-hour walk back into my turkey farm, it was minutes and quiet as could be. I really like it so far.

Moosetrot

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7259324
05/07/21 07:39 AM
05/07/21 07:39 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Ray
Not sure how you got your cart hitch to the e-horse?? The guy I talked to on the trail that evening while deer hunting. He told me he had a cart rigged for his bike too. Also said he had to re-figure his hitch system. Apparently he had used the bike earlier during bow season. When he went to pull deer out of the woods. He found he was hitch to high on the bike. When he went to pull the deer the bike wanted to wheelie and go over back wards.
He didn't have the cart with him when I seen him. But I got to thinking about what he said about going over backwards. Guy need to see hook up closer to rear axle high. May get a way with light load hooked higher. But heavy load with less than good free roll. Could see front wanting to come up as a problem.
Food for thought anyway..

Mac

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7259329
05/07/21 07:50 AM
05/07/21 07:50 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Mac-I have mine hitched to the back end of the rear rack. I don't think I will be pulling a deer with it. I am no lightweight myself and am not sure right now about the capacity of payload that motor will take. I only got it built up Monday and still in the honeymoon stage with it. At this point I am only pulling that lightweight cart with blind, etc. and it is working great.

Moosetrot

Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Moosetrot] #7259348
05/07/21 08:42 AM
05/07/21 08:42 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline OP
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline OP
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Moosetrot...we need a video of you speeding through the woods on that thing....

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Hey Moosetrot ...... [Re: Nessmuck] #7259671
05/07/21 07:14 PM
05/07/21 07:14 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Hey! It really goes! Still learning on the thing but so far it is the best thing since sliced bread, canned beer, and Aaron Rodgers! Got up into areas I haven't been to in years...fast!

Now if I could only convince the turkeys to come in, or even gobble! Strange, strange year so far. I have hunted this 300+ acre farm for about 28 years now. I usually can go out there and hear and/or see plenty of birds. This year-nothing.

Moosetrot

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread