Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Boone 1824 Trap #7262479
05/11/21 07:07 PM
05/11/21 07:07 PM
MI
S
sculpine Offline OP
trapper
sculpine  Offline OP
trapper
S

MI
i am looking at a trap, well not in person yet, but the only info is that its marked Boone 1824 and is 44" long. i cant find any info on it. does anyone know if it was a production trap, commemorative trap, late model wall hanger? the chain doesnt look right from the pics ive seen, but i do like the trap and dont mind paying for it, but i certainly dont want to get taken. a ballpark value for used/decent condition would be super great. but just finding out what it is would probably get me where i need to go, just cant find anything. thx

Re: Boone 1824 Trap [Re: sculpine] #7264202
05/14/21 01:42 PM
05/14/21 01:42 PM
ne iowa
R
roztocki Offline
trapper
roztocki  Offline
trapper
R

ne iowa
That is a very large trap. You would probably get a response or two if you could post pictures. I have never heard of that maker personally but the style of jaw posts, jaws and such tell a lot about a trap also patina. Very hard to duplicate 200 years of aging.

Re: Boone 1824 Trap [Re: roztocki] #7264492
05/14/21 10:15 PM
05/14/21 10:15 PM
MI
S
sculpine Offline OP
trapper
sculpine  Offline OP
trapper
S

MI
i was suppose to get pics of the above mentioned, i asked for pan, posts and better of the jaws. the original pics were ok but not great. the pics didnt come, got in touch with the seller and they owner has taken it back and is putting it into an estate sale. so im now trying to track it down that way. from what i could see in the original pics it looked promising, and even if not super old, looked "old" but without better pics i was pretty apprehensive. anyway, if i manage to track it down i will get some pics and revive this thread. i am hoping that the company handling the estate will let me come and look it over prior to the sale since i travel extensively for work and will likely be gone during the sale, if it looks good i will give one of the kids some cash and hope for the best,,,,,,not like i ever made the mistake of giving a friend money to buy a bunch of traps if they were good, ended up flying to DEN to bring home a huge pile of traps of which i would have maybe bought a dozen.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector