No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Blaine County] #7267903
05/19/21 03:55 PM
05/19/21 03:55 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Younger people generally don't want to work and, I agree, a lot of older people don't want to work. Work ethic is dying in this country and a reset is required to revive it. Paying people not to work is the worst idea ever in the history of terrible ideas. Unemployment, welfare, disability benefits are all designed to reward laziness. As for "disabled" people, I know of only a few rare examples of people that are so disabled that they cannot be employed productive members of society. I vote we cut it all off because hunger is a great motivator.

I work hard and expect my own kids to work hard. They may hate it now at times, but I work them hard and push them equally hard in school and sports. Reason? When they finally enter the workforce they are going to blow past their peers. And, I am not going to watch them lay around the house.

For example, my thirteen year old son who traps and hunts with me has never had a grade less than an A, is a pretty darn good wrestler, and takes care of our farm with me and his siblings. He will also spend part of his summer working for neighbors driving tractors and doing chores. His older sisters will join him and are equally hard working. And, they will still have plenty of time to be kids.

I can't wait to see what they do and all of their success will be because of hard work. I am however worried about how I will get everything done when they are finally gone.....

I have to get back to work and off the internet!

There will always be a place for people with a work ethic in our society. I also do my best to raise my kids with a work ethic. That said, what is it that all parents want for their kids? To make a lot of money? To have all of the material things in life that they have ever wanted? To take lots of vacations? To be couch potatoes? I would venture to guess that the answer is simply for their kids to be happy. We try to raise our kids to be responsible, capable, and independent thinking individuals so that they make as few mistakes (regrets) in their life as possible. We want them to be satisfied with life and the choices they've made. As others on this thread have said, this doesn't always "look, act, and smell" the way we think it should. Being a work-ethic driven individual may be what makes us as individuals happy but doesn't necessarily translate to what makes other individuals happy. Having a pile of money comforts some but having more time to spend with family is what comforts others. Really, it's a personal/moral, and maybe even religious ideal.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: RM trapper] #7267922
05/19/21 04:28 PM
05/19/21 04:28 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by RM trapper
They just finished a Bojangles about 20 mins from my house and I was excited that I'd be able to get a Bojangles biscuit on my way to work, well they still are not open because they can't hire any people. They are offering $17/hr but still not seeing applicants. Crazy times

Would u take $17/hr Gross and having to go to work every day and clear about $12/hr or $23 clear and not having to go to work?

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7267928
05/19/21 04:38 PM
05/19/21 04:38 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I'd set traps under this tree. Bet I'd limit out my MB550's.

cool

[Linked Image]

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: atrapper] #7267936
05/19/21 05:02 PM
05/19/21 05:02 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by atrapper
Younger people generally don't want to work and, I agree, a lot of older people don't want to work. Work ethic is dying in this country and a reset is required to revive it. Paying people not to work is the worst idea ever in the history of terrible ideas. Unemployment, welfare, disability benefits are all designed to reward laziness. As for "disabled" people, I know of only a few rare examples of people that are so disabled that they cannot be employed productive members of society. I vote we cut it all off because hunger is a great motivator.

I work hard and expect my own kids to work hard. They may hate it now at times, but I work them hard and push them equally hard in school and sports. Reason? When they finally enter the workforce they are going to blow past their peers. And, I am not going to watch them lay around the house.

For example, my thirteen year old son who traps and hunts with me has never had a grade less than an A, is a pretty darn good wrestler, and takes care of our farm with me and his siblings. He will also spend part of his summer working for neighbors driving tractors and doing chores. His older sisters will join him and are equally hard working. And, they will still have plenty of time to be kids.

I can't wait to see what they do and all of their success will be because of hard work. I am however worried about how I will get everything done when they are finally gone.....

There will always be a place for people with a work ethic in our society. I also do my best to raise my kids with a work ethic. That said, what is it that all parents want for their kids? To make a lot of money? To have all of the material things in life that they have ever wanted? To take lots of vacations? To be couch potatoes? I would venture to guess that the answer is simply for their kids to be happy. We try to raise our kids to be responsible, capable, and independent thinking individuals so that they make as few mistakes (regrets) in their life as possible. We want them to be satisfied with life and the choices they've made. As others on this thread have said, this doesn't always "look, act, and smell" the way we think it should. Being a work-ethic driven individual may be what makes us as individuals happy but doesn't necessarily translate to what makes other individuals happy. Having a pile of money comforts some but having more time to spend with family is what comforts others. Really, it's a personal/moral, and maybe even religious ideal.

Good points. I am still going to raise them to work hard. When they leave the nest they can decide to adjust the throttle should they choose. At least they will know how to work.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7267947
05/19/21 05:20 PM
05/19/21 05:20 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

That was our plan BC. It seems to have worked. The only hitch has been who they marry and what they bring to the mix.
You'll be surprised. I promise!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Blaine County] #7267948
05/19/21 05:27 PM
05/19/21 05:27 PM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI

I don't agree with most of your politics or your posts at times but this is spot on. Nothing pisses me off more than some POS claiming disability but can pop out kid after kid, remodel their house themselves, do all kinds of other activities that if they truly were disabled they shouldn't be able to do, but they just can't work. I know plenty that ride this train around here. They drive nicer vehicles than I do, some have a nicer house, they have plenty of free time and money to do whatever they want and I work extra. Every freaking day is a Saturday or Sunday for them.

Sounds like you're doing a great job with your kids. Thank You

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7267950
05/19/21 05:28 PM
05/19/21 05:28 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
All kids are different, all you can do is raise them up and steer them the right direction. One son married a sweetheart of a gal and he has my dream job. What he lacks in pay he makes up for with perks. They just bought their second home and are expecting this July.
The other son seems to have found the job he likes...working with a company do electrical work. A structured job with set hours. He is dating a very down to earth young lady who’s in college to become a Doc. How in Gods name they ended up together is beyond me, lol. She’s not high maintenance or anything, more tomboyish than my DIL. Time will tell with these two, but it’s off to a good start.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: ] #7267959
05/19/21 05:48 PM
05/19/21 05:48 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mark June
That was our plan BC. It seems to have worked. The only hitch has been who they marry and what they bring to the mix.
You'll be surprised. I promise!

Blessings,
Mark

It's always the spouses, Mark. Well. Most always.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7267966
05/19/21 06:08 PM
05/19/21 06:08 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Funny this is being discussed on here as last night I was talking with my 2 youngest about their upcoming move next week to the Dallas/ Ft Worth area and while we were talking, my daughter got a email job offer with sign on bonus of $1000 after 90 days to wait tables.She also told me she had to get off one job site a week or so ago because they were sending so many job referral's and she wasn't there yet. Its just amazing. She has a job that she will transfer to but with that type of incentive who knows what she'll do when she gets there. My son will look when he gets there and I'm betting he has a job in a couple of days. She is going to Parker to finish her doctorate and him to start collage.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7268008
05/19/21 07:21 PM
05/19/21 07:21 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
I'm all for people not wanting to work or work "just enough". I just wish we could get them to sign a contract saying they'll stay out of my pocketbook.

Good luck with that!!!!!!!

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7268014
05/19/21 07:29 PM
05/19/21 07:29 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Ding. Ding. Ding.
Give ^^^^^^^ that man the prize Jimmy!

Although with 28 Trillion now on the books that's about 100K per person on the current books so someone, well quite a few, well most, have been feeding at the government trough in some aspect.
Government has injected so much into so many that you can't even know anymore what's where and who's what.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7268040
05/19/21 08:09 PM
05/19/21 08:09 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
28 trillion is only the tip of the iceberg so to speak

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Steven 49er] #7268043
05/19/21 08:16 PM
05/19/21 08:16 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Yep!
Unfunded pensions is one they don’t count. I’m sure there’s other stuff.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: GROUSEWIT] #7268062
05/19/21 08:43 PM
05/19/21 08:43 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
When I was in high school or like my wife in college is been happy to make $17/he grouswit. I made $5/hr at my first job when I was 13 and was still only making $9/hr when I graduated high school. Fast food jobs are not meant for long term career unless you are in management. I think $17/hr to flip burgers is a great wage, especially in the area I live. But to answer your question no I wouldn't, but I'm 38 with 4 kids so that's why I started my own business to make more to support my family

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: cfowler] #7268084
05/19/21 09:15 PM
05/19/21 09:15 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by cfowler
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Yep!
Unfunded pensions is one they don’t count. I’m sure there’s other stuff.

Unfunded pensions, unfunded medicare, unfunded SSI, interest on the debt, and the list goes on.

It's ballyhooed about that the unfunded liabilities are like 75 trillion, that number is a flat out lie. This resource https://www.usdebtclock.org/# lists it at 148 trillion for all local, state, and federal gubbemint promises. That figure is most likely low as well.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: danny clifton] #7268100
05/19/21 09:30 PM
05/19/21 09:30 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I keep hearing on the news abt the high paying jobs with great benefits, Havnt found one yet.
Just low wages and no benefits

You need to get out of the historically depressed economic zone you live in

I left an affluent area where my mortgage was sixteen hundred dollars to a poverty-stricken area where my mortgage is six hundred. I didn't take that big a cut in pay.

Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7268106
05/19/21 09:40 PM
05/19/21 09:40 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
'They' won't have to legislate a high minimum wage and everything thing is going to cost a lot more...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Jobs,Jobs,Jobs [Re: Spade] #7268116
05/19/21 09:50 PM
05/19/21 09:50 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Did you expect any less? 20 percent of all dollars ever created were printed in 2020.

2021 is going will most likely surpass it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread