No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Celery? [Re: Bigbrownie] #7269778
05/22/21 12:54 AM
05/22/21 12:54 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I love celery with bleu cheese dressing when eating hot wings. I'll eat a small amount of celery in a vegetable tray with lots of vegetable dip on it. I like celery in potatoe soup and in vegetable beef soup.

Last year my sister cut off the last two inches or so from 2 bunches of celery from the store and rooted them in moist dirt. They grew really well and made a lot more celery. You can keep replanting the bases as long as it's warm enough or just harvest the outside branches of the celery.

Keith

Re: Celery? [Re: Bigbrownie] #7269788
05/22/21 02:41 AM
05/22/21 02:41 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Thanks I might try that. I am planting the garden here soon. We have a short growing season so that might work.

Re: Celery? [Re: Bigbrownie] #7270282
05/22/21 08:07 PM
05/22/21 08:07 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
Try washing the celery in a soap specifically made as a fruit and veggie wash. Celery seems to make its own protective coating and this doesn’t come off if all you do is rinse under water. Once you start actually cleaning celery, the bitter tastes are gone and there’s no need to cover with cheese sauce, salad dressing, peanut butter or dip to camouflage the taste.

Never too old to learn
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread