No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Atv accidents on the rise [Re: AJE] #7275204
05/29/21 10:41 AM
05/29/21 10:41 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
If they tip/roll the first reaction is to grab the roll bar a good way to lose a finger or 2.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Atv accidents on the rise [Re: AJE] #7275208
05/29/21 10:44 AM
05/29/21 10:44 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Apparently no one remembers 3-wheelers...

Re: Atv accidents on the rise [Re: AJE] #7275219
05/29/21 10:53 AM
05/29/21 10:53 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
I do. Dad sold it when my nephew came walking in the house soaking wet. We found it floating in the pond. He rolled it jumping over overflow on the pond dam. Said he lost it and it rolled over in the pond on the 2nd bounce. His brother and his kids are just as bad.

Forest Gump was right........"stupid is as stupid does".

Last edited by HayDay; 05/29/21 10:56 AM.
Re: Atv accidents on the rise [Re: AJE] #7275251
05/29/21 11:13 AM
05/29/21 11:13 AM
U.P. Michigan
Spade Offline
trapper
Spade  Offline
trapper

U.P. Michigan
UTV accident last night, speed and booze, on a forrest road posted no vehicles, drove around the gate hit a tree, both in the hospital. I think common sense got lost somewhere in the last year.

24 years Army Medical Corps

I only want to be known as:

A great husband, a good trapper, and a great steward of the land.
Re: Atv accidents on the rise [Re: Macthediver] #7275257
05/29/21 11:16 AM
05/29/21 11:16 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Is definitely not what is was 20 years ago.. Was just out last Wednesday did 50 miles on Jackson county trail.. When trails were first opened was a simple two track threw woods two ATVs could just pass. Was size restrictions on machines and some places had to move over wait let oncoming go by... Of course there were people couldn't stay on trail wanted to drive in tear up everything..Always got some them still do..Lots trails if it rained you best have winch or not go..
Now that same trail we were on Wednesday is pretty much a two lane gravel road.. We had to detour one spot because was a dozer in there and they were adding gravel. So that little stretch will be just another forest road I'm sure when their done..Heck I drove my 2000 ford focus station wagon on worse roads than most the trails are now.. But they want to make it all inclusive family friendly thing and dealers want to sell all them fancy machines.. Now the trail is lets see how fast we can run from point A to point B..Even we go faster now than we used to be able to. We try to cruse at maybe 20 mph tops. We regularly have machines fly by pass us like standing still.
Is just another one them things that when they add more people. make it all inclusive. Changes things for the one that used to use trails to look at nature enjoy the woods.
Of course with new machines, bigger faster, more of them. People going wreck them selves drive like idiots. Been the same with boats, snowmobiles. jet-ski's, what ever the new have to have go fast item is.. Bigger Badder Faster.. Going kill a few bone heads or innocents ones they run over.

Mac

You should see the massive gravel pit Jackson County owns out at Wazee Park. I think their thinking is that they have to fill in the mud holes with gravel. As for why they've made the trails so wide, that I'm not exactly sure. Probably to cater to utv's.
The people in charge of atv trails admit they are not easy to manage.

Last edited by AJE; 05/29/21 11:18 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread