No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trip To Colorado [Re: ] #7276532
05/31/21 09:28 AM
05/31/21 09:28 AM
Mn
R
Reaperman Offline
trapper
Reaperman  Offline
trapper
R

Mn
Stop in the outskirts of Denver for lunch on your way to the nice scenery. If you make it to Colorado Springs, the garden of the gods is scenic, and Pikes Peak is a must. Pikes peak is a hairy drive to the top, you will be proud of yourself if you decide to do it. Otherwise there is a cog-train that makes the trip, sit back and enjoy. As said above, Estes Park is very scenic, the drive from Loveland to Estes is nice also. We saw some big horn sheep along the road on the way. Whatever you do, Colorado is a beautiful state you won't be disappointed.

Re: Trip To Colorado [Re: ] #7276567
05/31/21 10:38 AM
05/31/21 10:38 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Thanks for all the comments. It sure is helping to develop my route.

Re: Trip To Colorado [Re: ] #7276769
05/31/21 06:24 PM
05/31/21 06:24 PM
Kansas City, Mo
B
Bill.M Offline
trapper
Bill.M  Offline
trapper
B

Kansas City, Mo
I have worked on a few construction projects over the years in Colorado. In both Denver and the eastern plains. You mentioned that you were starting in the NE corner of the state. I spent a few years in the little town of Sterling working on the correctional facility. Not much to see in that part of the state i would keep on going. Stay away from Colfax Avenue and Larimer square if you go to Denver it is a freak show. The Denver Mint is Downtown and is pretty neat. Cherry creek area is nice but a little pricey the cherry cricket is a good place to eat. The old Lowry Air force base has a nice beer garden and other restaurants. You can raft clear creek in Idaho springs or go 4 wheeling for the day. All of the ski resorts will have activities going on Breckenridge and Vail are the easiest to get to. Aspen is a bit of a drive. Manitou Springs outside of Colorado Springs is a neat town. If your up for a challenge you can hike the Incline. It is 2700 steps straight up the side of the Mountain. Taylor Park near Gunnison has allot going on in the summer. The best part is that there is no humidity compared to the Midwest. Safe travels.

Re: Trip To Colorado [Re: ] #7276812
05/31/21 07:52 PM
05/31/21 07:52 PM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Online content
trapper
eric space  Online Content
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
Great loop to drive from Gunnison to Pitkin to Tin Cup to Taylor Park to Almont then back to Gunnison. Can see Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Elk, Deer and most times a Martin. Lots of mines. The ride from Pitkin to Tin Cup not for the faint of heart but easily passable with a car (as long as the snow is gone). This loop was my trapline for 2 years in the 80's. Caught coyotes and martin.

Re: Trip To Colorado [Re: eric space] #7276828
05/31/21 08:14 PM
05/31/21 08:14 PM
Kansas City, Mo
B
Bill.M Offline
trapper
Bill.M  Offline
trapper
B

Kansas City, Mo
Originally Posted by eric space
Great loop to drive from Gunnison to Pitkin to Tin Cup to Taylor Park to Almont then back to Gunnison. Can see Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Elk, Deer and most times a Martin. Lots of mines. The ride from Pitkin to Tin Cup not for the faint of heart but easily passable with a car (as long as the snow is gone). This loop was my trapline for 2 years in the 80's. Caught coyotes and martin.

Eric, that must of been a great trapline as I have covered most of those areas while elk hunting, Pitkin, Tin Cup, Texas creek.. You probably would not recognize it now with both sides of Cottowood pass paved. Its a busy place during elk season but unfortunately all of Colorado is now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread