No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: James] #7277743
06/01/21 11:57 PM
06/01/21 11:57 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Lots of complaints about leftwing suppression of rights, but the only thing I've seen here are rightwing efforts to stifle the left.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: loosegoose] #7277744
06/01/21 11:59 PM
06/01/21 11:59 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Blaine County

And, "we" are no better when we want to shut down differing thoughts and opinions. I am not saying agree with them. I am not saying you should not counter them. But what some of y'all want to do is eliminate different thoughts and opinions--either directly or indirectly.

We have two authoritarian groups fighting for power in this country. It's pretty sad.

This describes well how I feel. The left vs right thing is a charade, the real battle is between authoritarianism and freedom, and I'd you think you're on the freedom side just because.you vote republican, you're fooling yourself. Of course if you're on the left it's pretty much a given that you support authoritarianism, but there's plenty of republican authoritarians too. Don't be one of them.

I beg your pardon. I'm leftwing on many issues, but am about as far from authoritarian as you can imagine.

You're speaking from rightwing bias.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277745
06/02/21 12:05 AM
06/02/21 12:05 AM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Anybody have to deal with this ?

Cousin and his wife used our house as a pit stop this weekend while on a trip to Idaho , Wisconsin , Missouri , and Tennessee .

Luckily I worked most of the weekend

They are brain washed never trumpers , trying to get out of California for the very issues they voted for . Wherever they land they will still vote for more of the same . mad

I almost feel sorry for them .......not ........no hope for them , and at the end of the day , family or not they are an enemy of America

I got a whole family and half my cousins like that.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: Leftlane] #7277748
06/02/21 12:12 AM
06/02/21 12:12 AM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by Leftlane
My mother is in a nursing home and near as I can tell they all sit around and believe everything CNN tells them

This, and not just nursing home residents. Everybody in my family, extended family ect, with exception to one batch of cousins that spent time in the military. Those boys and girls are normal redblooded conservatives.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277769
06/02/21 01:50 AM
06/02/21 01:50 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
My parents bought into a life care facility in Sun City Az. about 2007. My father served in the Navy the last year of WW2 and mom grew up during that time. They were both conservatives. This is a high end facility with a large up front payment and then a monthly rent of whatever type of residence you live in. In other words, your rich if you can afford this place. As I grew to know their friends, they were all people who started with little but had successfully worked, made good decisions, etc. They had become "rich" through their own hard work. All the ones I know are conservative. There may be a few libs there but I doubt there are many. They know the danger of voting for Dems!
Conversely, many of the people who work there are libs. Pretty sure the facility gets govt money one way or another so figure Dems are their friend!

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277784
06/02/21 05:56 AM
06/02/21 05:56 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I must have missed the part of this post that started with "all thoughts and ideas I do not agree with must be eliminated"! Might be a good idea for some to lighten up a little.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277794
06/02/21 06:24 AM
06/02/21 06:24 AM
Southeast NY
G
Goneinsixty Offline
trapper
Goneinsixty  Offline
trapper
G

Southeast NY
Obviously this country was founded on different thoughts. That's always good to have different perspectives on things. The thing is that as a whole the two political sides in our country used to have different ideas and thoughts, but with one end goal. To make America the best country on earth. Today many on the left are openly against what America stands for and don't tell me those are just different ideas and we should welcome them!

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277800
06/02/21 06:36 AM
06/02/21 06:36 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

The only folks I want to suppress is those folks who hate and are out to destroy the U.S. and the Constitution it is supposed to be governed by. You can speak whatever you like but when you act, as the swamp does, to destroy the Republic you should be hung by the neck until dead.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: James] #7277820
06/02/21 07:19 AM
06/02/21 07:19 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by James

This describes well how I feel. The left vs right thing is a charade, the real battle is between authoritarianism and freedom, and I'd you think you're on the freedom side just because.you vote republican, you're fooling yourself. Of course if you're on the left it's pretty much a given that you support authoritarianism, but there's plenty of republican authoritarians too. Don't be one of them.

I beg your pardon. I'm leftwing on many issues, but am about as far from authoritarian as you can imagine.

You're speaking from rightwing bias.

Jim[/quote]

My understanding, though, is that you consider yourself to be an independent, not necessarily a leftist/liberal/democrat. There's plenty of freedom loving independents.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277824
06/02/21 07:25 AM
06/02/21 07:25 AM
San Antonio , Texas
Y
Yotegiter Offline
trapper
Yotegiter  Offline
trapper
Y

San Antonio , Texas
2 sisters who I love dearly, but are walking on the side of stupid.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7277831
06/02/21 07:31 AM
06/02/21 07:31 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Diversity is a wonderful thing and will always bring about strength, innovation, creativity, and adhesion "if" the group agrees to central cores of its beliefs. In the case of Americans, what are the key tenets around which the diverse group can rally? If you say freedom, that's not a definition that will hold up because freedom will mean all sorts of things (as we see in our culture) and because of this next part;

We currently live in a post-modern era which began especially in the 1800's, with incredible scientific and technological advances at that time, and people groups, the product of universities begun several hundred years earlier, set out as society's brightest ones.... to seek answers to EVERYTHING by scientific means.

So if science is our religion, and it most certainly is - everything is held up to science as the true "light" of measurement, how is America holding up to this type of scrutiny?

I argue she can't in her present form because of many reasons including;
Science has replaced moral as the societal guide stick.
Science has replaced human interaction with alternative.
Science has negated, not honored, the past traditions that brought us here.

And on and on.
Life is really pretty darn simple.
I'm a scientist by academic training and I enjoy all the technology (especially trucks)
but it will never be my religion.

Where a society seeks its answers will always determine where they find them!
Where does the diverse in America seek answers?
As a culture: science. There's no close second currently.
But Hope remains!

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7278041
06/02/21 12:11 PM
06/02/21 12:11 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

Cousin and his wife used our house as a pit stop this weekend while on a trip to Idaho , Wisconsin , Missouri , and Tennessee .

They are brain washed never trumpers , trying to get out of California for the very issues they voted for . Wherever they land they will still vote for more of the same . mad

I almost feel sorry for them .......not ........no hope for them , and at the end of the day , family or not they are an enemy of America

For some reason,,,folks like that never come to my house. cool

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: upstateNY] #7278042
06/02/21 12:13 PM
06/02/21 12:13 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by upstateNY

For some reason,,,folks like that never come to my house. cool

Yeah , I'ma thinking they may not come back ..... grin

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7278121
06/02/21 02:45 PM
06/02/21 02:45 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
You're out to lunch BC and we all know it

He sure is......based on some of his posts, he is part of the "woke' crowd.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7278125
06/02/21 02:53 PM
06/02/21 02:53 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
You're out to lunch BC and we all know it

He sure is......based on some of his posts, he is part of the "woke' crowd.

Serious Cali vibe is what I get.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7278494
06/03/21 01:59 AM
06/03/21 01:59 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID

As long as they don’t settle in Idaho.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7278498
06/03/21 02:47 AM
06/03/21 02:47 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Mama's side has some wingnuts but thankfully that side prefers to scatter and act like they don't know each other.
Granddad was about the only one that kept it together as he loved to make an annual road trip every summer stopping to visit along the way but he was an old school southern democrat, ie conservative southern Baptist. His grandchildren from his eldest son though are whackadoodles. That cousin of mine graduated top of his class in mathematics, so smart yet so stupid. Ain't even got common sense enough to pour pee out of a boot. Moved off to San Francisco. His sister down in Florida is much the same being some sort of bottom feeding civil rights advocate or attorney or whatever. All I can say is it's probably all for the best that that line will die out as no offspring is possible from the type of sex those two engage in.
I feel sorry for my aunt and uncle though never having grandkids, though having known my aunt that too is probably for the best considering how her younguns turned out.

Last edited by warrior; 06/03/21 02:48 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: warrior] #7278504
06/03/21 04:26 AM
06/03/21 04:26 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by warrior
Mama's side has some wingnuts but thankfully that side prefers to scatter and act like they don't know each other.
Granddad was about the only one that kept it together as he loved to make an annual road trip every summer stopping to visit along the way but he was an old school southern democrat, ie conservative southern Baptist. His grandchildren from his eldest son though are whackadoodles. That cousin of mine graduated top of his class in mathematics, so smart yet so stupid. Ain't even got common sense enough to pour pee out of a boot. Moved off to San Francisco. His sister down in Florida is much the same being some sort of bottom feeding civil rights advocate or attorney or whatever. All I can say is it's probably all for the best that that line will die out as no offspring is possible from the type of sex those two engage in.
I feel sorry for my aunt and uncle though never having grandkids, though having known my aunt that too is probably for the best considering how her younguns turned out.

Well now don't get two excited. Those types are now adopting and getting together to co parent /sperm donating with the opposite gender with the same perversion. There are websites dedicated to just that.

So they are breeding.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: James] #7279239
06/04/21 08:51 AM
06/04/21 08:51 AM
PA
F
Flint Lock Offline
trapper
Flint Lock  Offline
trapper
F

PA
Originally Posted by James
Lots of complaints about leftwing suppression of rights, but the only thing I've seen here are rightwing efforts to stifle the left.

Jim

Examples please.

Re: Family members with mind rot [Re: AntiGov] #7279289
06/04/21 10:57 AM
06/04/21 10:57 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I am curious of anyone who went to the polls with the "anyone but Trump mindset" are currently proud of what Sippy Cup Joe is up to.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread