No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry [Re: Idahotrapguy] #7285933
06/14/21 01:43 AM
06/14/21 01:43 AM
Meridian, Idaho
10bands Offline
trapper
10bands  Offline
trapper

Meridian, Idaho
Yeah that was pretty nice. I've been donating money to good things for some years now through raffles and this time I got something back. Extra cool that it was an FBU prize donated by Trapperman.com.

My favorite part of this convention started a month ago when I began helping a friend of a friend with a beaver problem. Turns out the guy has been a life long wannabe trapper. Just never knew anyone who could teach him and didn't know where to start. After helping correct the problem he was having with his ponds and showing him how I did it I invited him to come to the convention. He showed up with his family and we got him set up with his own beaver gear. I told him that he could put his two new TS 85s in his car if he wanted while we looked at 330s and such. He said no I'd like to carry them around. He didn't want to put them down. His two sons, wife and father were with him and were all excited about the whole thing. I got lucky and found a mentor when I was 13 now I get to help someone else.

By the way, my biggest beaver ever come off his property. 67 pounds.
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry [Re: Idahotrapguy] #7285938
06/14/21 02:16 AM
06/14/21 02:16 AM
Meridian, Idaho
10bands Offline
trapper
10bands  Offline
trapper

Meridian, Idaho
Another thing. I need to say thanks to the vendors that came a looooong way to be here. I got a bunch of stuff I needed and didn't have to pay shipping. Funke Trap tags and Supplies from Iowa. Lesel Reuwsaat Baits and Lures from South Dakota, Top Lot Stretchers from Minnesota, Southern Snares all the way from Georgia. shocked Kendall Obermier nobslures.com from Iowa. Also several others that are more regional. John Wilson, Randy Schuff, George Kortum, Moyles Mink and Tannery, etc. Excellent tailgaters too, especially the guy that sold me a 1970s Thompson Center Hawken .50 Kit still in the box for a crazy good price. cool

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry [Re: Idahotrapguy] #7285972
06/14/21 06:49 AM
06/14/21 06:49 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
looks like a great time, thanks for sharing