No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Voter qualifications [Re: charles] #7293196
06/24/21 08:09 PM
06/24/21 08:09 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by charles
This country could use a draft. Seems like our values changed about the time the draft ended.

Pretty sure the draft was not real good for American values.

Re: Voter qualifications [Re: loosegoose] #7293238
06/24/21 09:06 PM
06/24/21 09:06 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by KeithC
Only land owners over the age of 21 should be allowed to vote. Our founders wrote the voting law that way for very good reasons.

Keith

Didn't we fight a war partly over being taxed without representation?

If we went to such a system, would you then agree to not tax the non voters at all? As in no sales tax, no income tax, no pitman-robertson tax, no gas tax, no gift tax, no capitol gains tax, etc etc etc....would you agree that if you're not allowed to vote, you don't have to pay any taxes of any sort? (Keep in mind there are plenty of rich people living in apartments who own no land, and plenty of poor people who do own land)

Would you also agree that the age of majority, to join the military,sign contracts, buy a gun, etc etc should be 21?

Age of majority should be 18.

There are plenty of people in this country that sap more than they pay--even if you include sales tax. The leeches aren't paying, for example, capital gains taxes.

It's a pretty simple equation. I could get behind no vote for those who don't contribute.

Re: Voter qualifications [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7293253
06/24/21 09:34 PM
06/24/21 09:34 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
This is just one of many reasons why we have the electoral college and senators were to be select by state legislatures. The founders fully understood the common man is an idiot when it matters.

[Linked Image]
Re: Voter qualifications [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7293338
06/25/21 01:28 AM
06/25/21 01:28 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Does the actual vote matter anymore......????? More than 50% of the population has been disenfranchised and that's probably not gonna change anytime soon....

A couple of cities control huge areas and last election they controlled the whole USA. They used a fraudulent manner of voting....it is really a sin what happened....and no real confrontation of it.....from where I sit and watch it is pretty much done, put a fork in the USA. No miracles are gonna happen.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Voter qualifications [Re: headache73] #7293345
06/25/21 04:30 AM
06/25/21 04:30 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by headache73
I completely agree. I could care less about personality with politicians. It ain't like I'm ever gonna be stuck in an elevator with them. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care to be around Trump more than a few minutes, but I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat. Voting based on personality doesn't make any sense

But voting based on character makes sense.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Voter qualifications [Re: James] #7293390
06/25/21 07:39 AM
06/25/21 07:39 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline OP
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline OP
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by headache73
I completely agree. I could care less about personality with politicians. It ain't like I'm ever gonna be stuck in an elevator with them. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care to be around Trump more than a few minutes, but I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat. Voting based on personality doesn't make any sense

But voting based on character makes sense.

Jim

If a guy can't do the job, what does his character matter?

No Jab.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread