No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras #7297723
07/02/21 12:07 AM
07/02/21 12:07 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Online content OP
trapper
Moosetrot  Online Content OP
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I have a 2000 29 ft. Gulfstream Motorhome that I have had for about 12 years. It came with a rear camera with a tiny little monitor. It seems the camera has died or is close to death. The current camera is wired into one of the running lights for power so I need to have the lights on for the camera to work. That is fine by me. I am assuming this is a wireless system.

I have read a little about the camera systems at at this point think a wireless system would be best but...I am an electronic idiot, however, and would rather not have to run wires in my RV. I would really like a larger monitor as the one I have is so tiny it's really hard to see.

Trailers are just about impossible for me to back with the RV so I installed a front receiver hitch for use at boat landings, etc. I just bought a small enclosed trailer and I would like to keep an eye on the trailer when heading up the road or backing.

I did several searches on the systems and my head is spinning at this point. Figured somebody on here would have some experience or could offer me some advice.

Thanks!

Moosetrot

Re: School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras [Re: Moosetrot] #7297749
07/02/21 05:20 AM
07/02/21 05:20 AM
NY
Niteblaster Offline
trapper
Niteblaster  Offline
trapper

NY
I replaced a wired backup camera that quit on my Silverado with a "wireless" backup camera. You will still need to run a wire to your backup light wire for the camera to power on and power and ground for the monitor either to the fuse box or use a 12v plug for the monitor and plug it in then turn it on and off when you want to use it. I would not recommend a "wireless" the system I bought is garbage when trying to backup the camera flickers and goes out when moving or braking. The included instructions state this is normal due to radio interference from the wireless antennae. I have tried moving it no luck and will end up getting a different system. If you don't want to install the wires take your vehicle to a place that sells and installs backup cameras then it will be done right and should come with a warranty. That will probably be my next move.

Re: School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras [Re: Moosetrot] #7297822
07/02/21 08:29 AM
07/02/21 08:29 AM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
I've been looking into them as well. It would really help when hooking up trailers as well as backing up my camper. The best info I've found about them is reading reviews on Amazon. There are thousands, many with pictures and videos of how they work. Having the camera cut out while you back up shouldn't be normal. If it was, no one would own one.

Re: School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras [Re: Moosetrot] #7297925
07/02/21 11:06 AM
07/02/21 11:06 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Online content OP
trapper
Moosetrot  Online Content OP
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I have seen some that the power for the monitor comes from a cigarette lighter lighter plug. The power for my existing camera comes from a running light. That would certainly be the easiest for me.

Will keep on looking at options for sure.

Moosetrot

Re: School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras [Re: Moosetrot] #7297945
07/02/21 11:55 AM
07/02/21 11:55 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
We install peak brank backup cameras at my work all the time. The picture quality isn't great, but it's good enough to get the.job done. Some backup cameras mount to the license plate bracket, I wouldn't recommend those because.half the time the license plate is recessed into the bumper cover and they won't fit. Plus it's better to have the mounted up high for visibility if you can. As far as powering them, even if they're meant to be wired to a fuse block, you can always just wire them to a cigarette lighter plug-in and plug them in that way.

Re: School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras [Re: Moosetrot] #7297963
07/02/21 12:21 PM
07/02/21 12:21 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
The 7 inch screen seems good for us past the peak of great eye sight guys.The camera and screen both need to have power.I like hooking both to fuse block so they go on when key is on.Auto Zone has a piggy back fuse holder to plug into.This Yuwei system is wireless and is always crystal clear.Picture came out blurry for some reason.

C9F00A0B-283D-469B-9871-D29B96FE396C.jpeg
Re: School Me on Wireless RV Backup Cameras [Re: Moosetrot] #7298271
07/02/21 10:41 PM
07/02/21 10:41 PM
Ohio, Portage County
M
m1carbine Offline
trapper
m1carbine  Offline
trapper
M

Ohio, Portage County
Check out The iBall, ( www.iballhitchcam.com )
The screen plugs into lighter socket.
Camera is a 9 volt battery

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread