No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
5 month old pullet and a duke dog proof? #7305425
07/13/21 09:38 PM
07/13/21 09:38 PM
TN
C
coonbone Offline OP
trapper
coonbone  Offline OP
trapper
C

TN
Found a lil coon sign around my chicken coop this evening. All my live traps seem to have sprouted legs and walked off. Just set a couple duke dog proofs right at dark. And I got to thinking, it would be pretty a close as as to weather a 3/4 grown chicken could fire that trap. All the chickens are locked up till I turn em loose but anyone have any experience with this?

Re: 5 month old pullet and a duke dog proof? [Re: coonbone] #7305437
07/13/21 09:47 PM
07/13/21 09:47 PM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
You should be fine with the Dukes, as they're only a pull-type
trigger...unless they've been modded.
Stockers...all good. They'll never be able to to trip them with
those springs.
If nervous, snap when you let the lil ones out. Then no worries.
Or cover with bucket/coffee can.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread