No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Long Lunch #7308741
07/18/21 06:26 PM
07/18/21 06:26 PM
U.P. Michigan
Spade Offline OP
trapper
Spade  Offline OP
trapper

U.P. Michigan
Went down to Mackinaw City for lunch today. About 2:30 as we were leaving to go home, local police, state police came swarming in, and closed down the Big Mac, heard sirens out on the lake and noticed Coast Guard boats closing down the traffic lanes under the bridge and chasing out recreational boats in the area. Traffic on the bridge was closed both North and South lanes. Come to find out there was a bomb threat called in that the Big Mac was going to be bombed. Had to wait almost 3 and half hours for them to open the bridge back up. Traffic as far as you can see. Oh, well went back in and had some blueberry pie and coffee.

24 years Army Medical Corps

I only want to be known as:

A great husband, a good trapper, and a great steward of the land.
Re: Long Lunch [Re: Spade] #7308959
07/18/21 11:50 PM
07/18/21 11:50 PM
Mt.
g smith Offline
trapper
g smith  Offline
trapper

Mt.
About 70 years ago my Dad stopped by that bridge to pee .It was night time and I heard a wolf howl (Ithink it was a wolf but maybe a coyote ).We went there to visit kin.Hope the pie was good .

You can ride a fast horse slow but you can't ride a slow horse fast .
Re: Long Lunch [Re: Spade] #7308971
07/19/21 12:42 AM
07/19/21 12:42 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
I'm glad no one was hurt.
I don't get why bomb squads takes so long.
In Israel they make an announcement on the PA system to stay inside, stop nearby pedestrian and vehicle traffic, do their job and in a few minutes minutes life is back to normal.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread