No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
The Real Texas Border #7310195
07/20/21 06:28 PM
07/20/21 06:28 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline OP
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline OP
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
I have seen some news stories with reporters and spin doctors visiting the Texas border and realize they are showing the American public edited stories and not all of the facts.

I got a call today from the local sheriff's office warning me to be armed at all times and make sure house, hunting cabins and vehicles are kept locked at all times. They said this past week and yesterday had been the most apprehensions of illegals in our area ever. I am not on the border rather two counties away but not that far away on a straight line.

I have kin and friends that live in Kinney County adjoining the border. Their officials put out this statement that is long but true. It appears this County is going to take care of the situation on their own.

Border Insecurity 7-17-21

Despite Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s public pivot towards border security, citizens in Kinney County aren’t getting help. The state is denying funds for securing their border with Mexico, forcing local officials to seek private donations, and has yet to accept significant help from Florida.
In May, Abbott issued a disaster declaration in response to Texas’ unsecured borders. The next month, he directed $250 million state funds towards a down payment for Texas’ wall and visited the border with former President Donald Trump. He also put border security on the Texas Legislature’s to-do list for the current special session.
But citizens in Kinney County, roughly 200 miles southwest of Austin and bordering Mexico, have seen practically nothing.
“The governor says one thing, but doesn’t actually provide resources to the people on the ground and counties,” County Attorney Brent Smith said.

No Help

Smith said Kinney County declared a local state of disaster in April and asked Gov. Abbott and the Texas Division of Emergency Management—which he adds works for Abbott “under statute”—for “boots on the ground” and help for local law enforcement.
”To this date, we have not received any assistance,” Smith said, adding all they’ve received is Texas Department of Public Safety personnel on the highways. “If someone walks across the border right now on foot, and they avoid the highways, there’s nothing in front of them.”
He reported “thousands upon thousands” of aliens are illegally crossing the border daily and that since October, the U.S. Border Patrol has caught more than a million, getting 20 percent on “a very good day.” Smith reports foreign nationals from more than 75 countries have crossed the border, and most aren’t staying in Texas, but heading north.
“We’ve already caught terrorists, child molesters, sexual rapists, and those are the 20 percent we caught,” Smith explained. “It’s more than a crisis. It’s an invasion.”

Solutions

Smith said Kinney County was approached by border security contractors who’ve previously worked with the U.S. military worldwide. For about three days, local officials showed them their border with Mexico and the trafficking flow. The contractors then provided a cost estimate of everything they can provide to secure the county’s border.
“They far surpass anything Border Patrol or DPS can do for us,” Smith stated.
He explained the plan’s central part is to put “operational observation towers” along the border on the private property of owners who want it. There’d be large motion-activated spotlights between these towers.
“Once movement’s detected, we’ll have rapid response teams on ATVs with the tracking dogs to go there to check it out,” Smith continued. “If it is illegal aliens, they’ll apprehend them or hold them for law enforcement to arrive.” From there, they’d be taken for processing.
“The contractors have indicated that once deployed, they can have our border secure 100 percent in two weeks,” Smith said. He guesses deployment could take two to three weeks, but he believes this is “the solution to this entire crisis.”
Kinney asked the state for funding to get the private contractors moving, but the request was turned down. “They said, ‘Oh, well, DPS has all the resources we need,’” Smith recalled. “We don’t have any resources from DPS except more cars on the highways.” As a result, the county is preparing to get funding through private donors.
This isn’t the only help where the state is in the way. Smith relayed the county has also been contacted by the office of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).
“I have spoken with his office some, and they’ve said that they’re willing to come help,” he said, adding he’s “been contacted by several county sheriffs in Florida,” also offering aid.
Smith explains this new help is significantly different from the state troopers that came from Florida earlier. They’re only allowed to do ride-alongs with Texas DPS. What DeSantis and these sheriffs are offering, Smith says, would make a substantial difference. “But they can’t do it unless I get approval through TDEM,” he explained. “We’ve been trying to get that done for over a week now.”

Ticking Time Bomb

Smith said citizens in Kinney aren’t happy. “The creation of this crisis is [President Biden’s] fault, but how long does the crisis go on for until it starts to become the governor’s fault?” he asked. “We’ve proposed solutions to the governor, and he said, ‘No, thank you.’”
It’s a deadly situation for the migrants too. “Yesterday, we found another dead body in our county, and it’s become a weekly thing we find dead bodies now.”
Smith warns with hunting season approaching, this is building to a potentially dangerous confrontation unless something is done. “You’re talking about hundreds upon hundreds of hunters that come into Kinney County,” Smith warned. “What do you think’s going to happen when illegal aliens, hundreds and thousands of illegal aliens, are on those properties while they’re trying to hunt?

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310242
07/20/21 07:36 PM
07/20/21 07:36 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC

“Smith warns with hunting season approaching, this is building to a potentially dangerous confrontation unless something is done. “You’re talking about hundreds upon hundreds of hunters that come into Kinney County,” Smith warned. “What do you think’s going to happen when illegal aliens, hundreds and thousands of illegal aliens, are on those properties while they’re trying to hunt?”

This could be the answer they have been waiting for.

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310249
07/20/21 07:54 PM
07/20/21 07:54 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Open season, no bag limit?

[Linked Image]
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: warrior] #7310260
07/20/21 08:26 PM
07/20/21 08:26 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by warrior
Open season, no bag limit?

That's the only message that needs no translator to comprehend

Report a post club - Non member

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Tailhunter] #7310273
07/20/21 08:48 PM
07/20/21 08:48 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Tailhunter

“Smith warns with hunting season approaching, this is building to a potentially dangerous confrontation unless something is done. “You’re talking about hundreds upon hundreds of hunters that come into Kinney County,” Smith warned. “What do you think’s going to happen when illegal aliens, hundreds and thousands of illegal aliens, are on those properties while they’re trying to hunt?”

This could really ignite something.

-Goofy-
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310286
07/20/21 09:07 PM
07/20/21 09:07 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Sounds like they will likely shut down hunting for safety reasons with all those people in the bush.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7310304
07/20/21 09:24 PM
07/20/21 09:24 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Tailhunter

This could really ignite something.

Yup. It won't be pretty either

Last edited by adam m; 07/20/21 09:24 PM.
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Boco] #7310338
07/20/21 10:17 PM
07/20/21 10:17 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Boco
Sounds like they will likely shut down hunting for safety reasons with all those people in the bush.

That would really kick things off.

[Linked Image]
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Boco] #7310361
07/20/21 10:36 PM
07/20/21 10:36 PM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Originally Posted by Boco

LMAO

You know NOTHING of Texas

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310375
07/20/21 10:47 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Texans should just paint purple posts on the US/Mexican border and take care of the problems. Illegal immigration would soon stop.

Keith

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310376
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
I went to College Station this past Sunday so that I could catch an early morning flight out of the airport. Took my wife and daughter with me so they could spend the night in a hotel with a swimming pool the evening before I flew out.

Been living here a lot of my lifetime and visiting this area for decades to go to Lowes, Home Depot, and HEB. It both sickened me and saddened me to see how may pan-handlers were in College Station. Every one of them was a hispanic male with a sign and his supposed wife and children were sitting in the grass behind him. Pan handling by illegals in this area is no doubt related to our current administration as it has happened over night. Texas has always had a problem with drug addicts/alcoholics pan-handling around the bigger cities, but to see this in College Station blew my mind

While I try my best to live by the Golden Rule and follow the Word of God; the time for the Battle of San Jacinto is upon us. The time is coming to knip this in the bud Captain McNelly and his rangers did.

On another note, I've lived, hunted, and guided throughout south Texas and the Hill Country for many years. For the most part, sightings of illegals go way down during hunting season (at least on the ranches I've lived and worked on). It seems that they and the coyotes know that there is a gringo in every "bush" during that time of the year. Our worst problems were always during the summer as far as illegals go.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310381
07/20/21 10:57 PM
07/20/21 10:57 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I feel for you guys down there that are dealing with the failure of the Federal government first hand.

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310382
07/20/21 11:02 PM
07/20/21 11:02 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Thank your for the kind words Yes Sir.

My Daddy is a retired Texas State Trooper and former constable of Zavala County. He now works as a deputy in Real County; he just can't get law enforcement our of his blood although he's retired several times. The radio traffic I've listened to is both amazing and terrifying. It truly is the wild, wild, west along our southern border.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Yes sir] #7310402
07/20/21 11:51 PM
07/20/21 11:51 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline OP
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline OP
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
Originally Posted by Yes sir
I feel for you guys down there that are dealing with the failure of the Federal government first hand.

I guess we should be used to it by now since that failure has been going on since 1845.

I am a Texian.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310406
07/21/21 12:28 AM
07/21/21 12:28 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
My Grandfather was a Texan and was pretty proud of it. I believe his family was some of the very first white settlers in the Sulphur Springs area. I figure if things really hit the fan in this country I might have to head south and make my stand with you guys. I just hope it's winter time because I'm not a fan of even our Kansas summers. Lol

Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310409
07/21/21 12:39 AM
07/21/21 12:39 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota

Failure?? This stuff since Biden's "win" is on purpose. Out right treasonous...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: The Real Texas Border [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7310418
07/21/21 01:10 AM
07/21/21 01:10 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Is it illegal to shoot an illegal alien? Serious question.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread