No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7337797
08/23/21 06:25 PM
08/23/21 06:25 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
1 hour 46 min for me.
It's much like a condensed version of the Iowa Trappers Convention. There will be supplies to buy if you want/need them, there will be demos by some of the best trappers in Iowa, auction, fur market report, etc...

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7337822
08/23/21 07:05 PM
08/23/21 07:05 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
I don't do good big crowds an conventions , kinda am that way around lots ppl , probly join the club or become member come up , lots stuff buy all time elsewhere that comes up , groenwold probly have Facebook vid if there

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7337846
08/23/21 07:32 PM
08/23/21 07:32 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
sounds fun and I bet the crowd is not that big

Re: Fur markets [Re: ILcooner] #7337860
08/23/21 07:45 PM
08/23/21 07:45 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by ILcooner
sounds fun and I bet the crowd is not that big

Varies from year to year but I'd expect to see 6-8 dealer/tailgaters and likely 50-75 guests, though some years there's been 100+ I believe. It's going to be warm but its all under the shade of a bunch of big oaks. Come on over ILC, bring a lawn chair and some cool beverages.

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7337866
08/23/21 07:47 PM
08/23/21 07:47 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Originally Posted by coonman220
I don't do good big crowds an conventions , kinda am that way around lots ppl , probly join the club or become member come up , lots stuff buy all time elsewhere that comes up , groenwold probly have Facebook vid if there

Well, I say its time for you to come out of your shell. grin It's a great time and you are really missing out by not going. You can hear first hand fur market information directly from Groney. You can even talk to him one on one. Just watching the demos alone is worth you time to drive over.

Demos by;
Dale Billingsley - Beaver
Skylar Schnider - Mink/Coon
Justen Deaver. - Coon
Bruce Rhodes. - Coyote

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7337868
08/23/21 07:52 PM
08/23/21 07:52 PM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline
trapper

Montana
Won't be able afford to , unless can do all vechile maintence myself , all other pickup had were tradeoffs for years before pay off , this one pay off long ago , easy to do not say I ruin all other ones with Mile's with trapping but didn't help , sure anyone can drive lot miles trapping for few yrs an get away it , wait till lot miles an worn out , u think differently , this has nothing do it but when ur vechile is pay off , not say I do but cops like it when vechile not financed annu get trouble , those kind vechiles like confiscate over nothing an let one u owe money on go back u , sell sheriff auction , I think they be real dirty
I gotta call you out on this one, Dave. Cops don’t like taking things from people to sell. It’s a pain in the butt. That kind of thinking is what gets people disliking Sheriff’s and deputy sheriffs. Not to mention, in order for any authority to take your vehicle, it would generally be directly related to the individual using the vehicle in the commission of a felony - such as transporting large amounts of drugs with the intent to distribute. No sheriff will take a vehicle from someone for not paying for it, either.

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338060
08/23/21 11:31 PM
08/23/21 11:31 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
I say they rather take a vechile that pay for an have title for , if finance co own it an ur on payments , I sure not as interested , they like get vechile sell auction an confiscate over nothing , I don't do nothing wrong but scare some cops, pull u over an throw some dope under seat , they take it for any illegal drugs, smallest amount , I don't do that but just say what up , it true an happen all time, here an more so bigger towns, pull someone over an arrest for warrant , impound vechile, lot times those type loose vechile, the impound fee is around $500 cash only plus they tack on $50 day storage fee plus other fees, I know an when get or try get back u got go vechile an get registration proof ins an go cops an get form fill out an back impound yard, u ever get trouble an this what talk about is what like year's back, I find out that all this stuff an cops are bunch crooks with bail bondsman in on it an racket get ur money an they roll u preety good if in trouble , majority cars impound , gone, ones happen to not afford get back , sold sheriff auction or if finance company it, go back them but more big hasssle with finance co involved , so this could even happen trap along road. Over nothing , fake trespass charge get arrested in road ditch , this post brought up by usmc47 has nothing do fur markets, cars breakdown along road all time an see it in less 10 miles freeway drive go work, all time see cop flag it or mark it, that if not gone in 24 hrs it tow, I had done to me trap in ditch with cop see me an totaly ignore me an just wanna put his tag in car , it not move the next day from when tag, it gone , impound an go sheriff auction , happens all time, sometimes car along road has no license plates, they take plates off an leave it an gone public auction, I see abandon vechiles many times no plates, or park by store or other place where not supposed to in town , they have roll backs just prowl around for that, park an go store an come out an go lot where signs warn about only park here if ur go this store on property , ur vechile gone, impounded for illegal park , gonna cost u now save it from public auction , Take a vechile is nothing , they take ur property ur house an land over nothing also an sell it

Last edited by coonman220; 08/24/21 12:00 AM.
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338071
08/23/21 11:48 PM
08/23/21 11:48 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Well now you've done it John.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338294
08/24/21 10:27 AM
08/24/21 10:27 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

Avoid them like the disease ridden vermin they are.

Maybe LL can give you some ideas of what to do during trapping season, instead of continuing to flood the market with 3 dollar coon?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338421
08/24/21 12:58 PM
08/24/21 12:58 PM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Wow!! Holy crap you're delusional Coonman. crazy crazy I've seen vehicles that were broken down along side the road with a tag on the window so it will be towed in 24 hours or however long they wait. I guess the stickers are hard to get off the windows too. The rest of your post is off the wall.

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338438
08/24/21 01:23 PM
08/24/21 01:23 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
The gift that keeps giving!

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338471
08/24/21 01:56 PM
08/24/21 01:56 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
I say they rather take a vechile that pay for an have title for , if finance co own it an ur on payments , I sure not as interested , they like get vechile sell auction an confiscate over nothing , I don't do nothing wrong but scare some cops, pull u over an throw some dope under seat , they take it for any illegal drugs, smallest amount , I don't do that but just say what up , it true an happen all time, here an more so bigger towns, pull someone over an arrest for warrant , impound vechile, lot times those type loose vechile, the impound fee is around $500 cash only plus they tack on $50 day storage fee plus other fees, I know an when get or try get back u got go vechile an get registration proof ins an go cops an get form fill out an back impound yard, u ever get trouble an this what talk about is what like year's back, I find out that all this stuff an cops are bunch crooks with bail bondsman in on it an racket get ur money an they roll u preety good if in trouble , majority cars impound , gone, ones happen to not afford get back , sold sheriff auction or if finance company it, go back them but more big hasssle with finance co involved , so this could even happen trap along road. Over nothing , fake trespass charge get arrested in road ditch , this post brought up by usmc47 has nothing do fur markets, cars breakdown along road all time an see it in less 10 miles freeway drive go work, all time see cop flag it or mark it, that if not gone in 24 hrs it tow, I had done to me trap in ditch with cop see me an totaly ignore me an just wanna put his tag in car , it not move the next day from when tag, it gone , impound an go sheriff auction , happens all time, sometimes car along road has no license plates, they take plates off an leave it an gone public auction, I see abandon vechiles many times no plates, or park by store or other place where not supposed to in town , they have roll backs just prowl around for that, park an go store an come out an go lot where signs warn about only park here if ur go this store on property , ur vechile gone, impounded for illegal park , gonna cost u now save it from public auction , Take a vechile is nothing , they take ur property ur house an land over nothing also an sell it

So you're not coming to the FTA meet?

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338552
08/24/21 04:21 PM
08/24/21 04:21 PM
Iowa
B
bigboy Offline
trapper
bigboy  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa

1. my head hurts
2. these posts are always like a fat chick at the strippers, don't want to watch, but can't look away
3.pretty sure that's not how any of that actually works
4. if you're trapping in the ROW and the big bad cops come steal your prized trapping vehicle, they would be doing all of us a favor so we don't have to stumble through 19 more posts about getting screwed on simple maintenance and the incompetency of mechanics

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338554
08/24/21 04:25 PM
08/24/21 04:25 PM
Ohio
C
Computer Hater Offline
trapper
Computer Hater  Offline
trapper
C

Ohio

I don't think you have to worry about your local law enforcement officers trying to scam you so they can impound your truck. They only do that with vehicles that are worthy of someone paying the $500.00 dollars to get them back!!! grin grin grin grin

Randy
Member NTA, FTA
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7338562
08/24/21 04:36 PM
08/24/21 04:36 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Lesson is
Don't park illegally

Now how about those moldy stretcher boards?

Re: Fur markets [Re: Savell] #7338615
08/24/21 05:46 PM
08/24/21 05:46 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Savell
I imagine those cops are just looking for a reason to confiscate that legendary trapping vechile... keep your head on a swivel coonman... don’t let them sorry bastages get it

Great reply.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7339012
08/25/21 12:41 AM
08/25/21 12:41 AM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline
trapper

Montana
False. Nearly all of it. That is all…carry on.

Hi, Angela. Lol.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7339014
08/25/21 12:43 AM
08/25/21 12:43 AM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline
trapper

Montana
The only part I think you were correct on was the tagging of vehicles. This is done as a requirement under the law of most states and is done as a safety issue of not having vehicles littering the roads. And it’s not 24 hours in many, if any, states. It’s 72 hrs here.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7339043
08/25/21 05:17 AM
08/25/21 05:17 AM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
I saw a few broken down cars here in PA sitting for a good 3 weeks along a major highway. I always thought you had like 72 hours to have it removed or they would be towed

Re: Fur markets [Re: coonman220] #7339052
08/25/21 06:26 AM
08/25/21 06:26 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Certain stretches of road seem to be notorious for broken down vechiles here in Virginia.

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread