No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335763
08/21/21 11:07 AM
08/21/21 11:07 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
it doesnt take all day to vote.
An hour or two off work would be plenty.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: Boco] #7335782
08/21/21 11:30 AM
08/21/21 11:30 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Boco

you are correct it does not take all day , however some places have lines that can take hours in the cities.

it may take an hour by bus to get to the poling location 2 hours to vote and an hour home again , cities for everyone being on top of each other are really inefficient places.

also election workers are an issue , if they don't have to be at work that day they can volunteer to make the election better run , more secure . with observers.

we don't want the government workers left entirely in charge of the election , bad business it is leaving the fox in charge of the hen house.

if there is a question on a ballot more than one person needs to look it over , we saw exactly how the one person looking over many thousands of questionable ballots can alter the count in demonstrations of the software they used in 2020

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 08/21/21 11:37 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7335812
08/21/21 12:04 PM
08/21/21 12:04 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Boco

you are correct it does not take all day , however some places have lines that can take hours in the cities.

it may take an hour by bus to get to the poling location 2 hours to vote and an hour home again , cities for everyone being on top of each other are really inefficient places.

also election workers are an issue , if they don't have to be at work that day they can volunteer to make the election better run , more secure . with observers.

we don't want the government workers left entirely in charge of the election , bad business it is leaving the fox in charge of the hen house.

if there is a question on a ballot more than one person needs to look it over , we saw exactly how the one person looking over many thousands of questionable ballots can alter the count in demonstrations of the software they used in 2020

You have some valid points, but a national holiday is not going to fix any of them.

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: trapper les] #7335813
08/21/21 12:06 PM
08/21/21 12:06 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by trapper les
Originally Posted by hippie
Maybe....
With the amount of days to vote early and amount of people that vote by mail We have now, I don't see the need. A decade or two ago before all of what I just mentioned, yes it should've been a day off.

In the interest of a fair , honest election, no voting early, no mail in ballots, every body vote on the same day, hand count, hire as many people as possible, execute anyone that cheats, spare no expense, and try to remember why this is important.

Unless, you dont care about our country, and are unpatriotic, then disreguard the above reccomendations.

I agree completely Les, they stole my state thru mail in voting which I believe should be back to what it was once intended for....people stationed overseas and those handicapped that couldn't go vote. Pa. use to require an excuse to use mail in voting such as I outlined above.

Those days seem gone.

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335814
08/21/21 12:07 PM
08/21/21 12:07 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Here, they vote on Sundays. Problem solved. Polls are open at 8 am until 8 pm.

You also are required to have your official voter's card in order to vote. Very few mail in ballots. Ballots are counted by hand.

If the last election were run this way, as you walked in to vote, you would take two pieces of paper off of a table... one would say "Donald Trump/Mike Pence", and the other would say "Jjoe Biden/Kamala Harris". You put one piece of paper in the ballot box and the other one in the garbage on your way out.

I don't vote here, (but they let me pay taxes). My wife votes here and I vote by mail in the US.

Pete

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: swift4me] #7335818
08/21/21 12:09 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by swift4me

You also are required to have your official voter's card in order to vote. Very few mail in ballots. Ballots are counted by hand.

If the last election were run this way, as you walked in to vote, you would take two pieces of paper off of a table... one would say "Donald Trump/Mike Pence", and the other would say "Jjoe Biden/Kamala Harris". You put one piece of paper in the ballot box and the other one in the garbage on your way out.

I don't vote here, (but they let me pay taxes). My wife votes here and I vote by mail in the US.

Pete

Good Lord! That makes sense! grin

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335819
adk foothills
T
trapper red 315 Offline
trapper
trapper red 315  Offline
trapper
T

adk foothills
No

I do not recognize the biden/harris administration as legal

18 speeds on 18 wheels
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: swift4me] #7335829
08/21/21 12:22 PM
08/21/21 12:22 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by swift4me

Pete

Just curious. Haven't you lived in France for a very long time? I'm surprised you'd still be eligible to vote here??

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7335854
08/21/21 01:19 PM
08/21/21 01:19 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
sure make it a paid day off IF it is also required that you vote IN PERSON

each candidate on the ballot provides a representative to watch the ballot box from the time it is sealed till it is fully counted .

if at any point counting stops all ballots must be placed in a locked cage and must still be watched until the count is done and at the end of each batch they must be sealed in a plastic bag with a security sticker serialized the results of that batch printed on the top page so it can be read through eh plastic.

giving people the day off would better allow them to participate and be ballot and election observers

we need an air tight election plan or we loose all faith in government.

that is very bad for everyone .

Quit being an enabler. Most people that don't vote, don't care either way and wouldn't vote anyway. It's really not that hard of process. It's a person's responsibility to be an adult and make adult choices. If they really want to vote, they will. People getting free handouts from the government sure don't have a problem following the process to receive it.

No Jab.
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7335882
08/21/21 02:09 PM
08/21/21 02:09 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

I went to my town hall a week earlier this last election to avoid the crowd. They checked and verified my i.d., gave me a ballot and I filled it out and handed it to them. Worked great. No way to cheat.

Unless the girl you handed your ballot to was a Trump hater.

Talk about sexist. Why assume it was a girl?

Knowing Rusty, he probably handed it to the janitor. Whoever he or she was.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335885
08/21/21 02:13 PM
08/21/21 02:13 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
All of you guys demanding consistency in elections: Do you want the feds taking over the power over elections from the states/

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335891
08/21/21 02:20 PM
08/21/21 02:20 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
To keep on task with the thread. No, it should not be a paid day off. Private businesses will still work and the banks and government workers will be off. So, I will have to work but won't be able to do any banking after work, and more of my tax dollars will be wasted on government slackers enjoying another paid day off.

No Jab.
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7335892
08/21/21 02:22 PM
08/21/21 02:22 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
To keep on task with the thread. No, it should not be a paid day off. Private businesses will still work and the banks and government workers will be off. So, I will have to work but won't be able to do any banking after work, and more of my tax dollars will be wasted on government slackers enjoying another paid day off.

LMAO! Since when do you care about sticking to a thread topic?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335893
08/21/21 02:23 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Anyone else see something? I think there's a troll trying to get a fight started.

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335894
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Day off of work to vote?, Nope always found a way to vote when a work day. Polls open early to late. If that doesn't work vote absentee ballot.
As for paid day off to vote. No way. The only ones that will get paid are govt employees that imo already get too many paid holidays.
Until this unbelievable corruption by the Dems this past year the system worked.
The people everyone seems to be concerned about not getting to the polls DONT HAVE JOBS ANYWAYS!

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: James] #7335906
08/21/21 02:39 PM
08/21/21 02:39 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Unless the girl you handed your ballot to was a Trump hater.

Talk about sexist. Why assume it was a girl?

Knowing Rusty, he probably handed it to the janitor. Whoever he or she was.

Jim

No particular reason. Had I said guy no one would have thought twice. I guess I said girl because at my polling place 80% of the poll workers are female. Usually only 1 token old guy there, lol. Girl or guy, doesn't matter.

Still no where near as sexist as saying that only men should be fighting in defense of their country but I noticed you didn't want to talk about that!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335908
08/21/21 02:42 PM
08/21/21 02:42 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
So now we're left to argue the degrees of sexism?

I admit I made a sexist assumption, but so did you.

I don't know if there are women serving in the Afghan army, but if there are, they should be included too.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: hippie] #7335913
08/21/21 02:43 PM
08/21/21 02:43 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by hippie
Anyone else see something? I think there's a troll trying to get a fight started.

You showed up, all right, and right on time too.

He trolled my thread and successfully got it deleted. Payback isn't always gentle.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: loosegoose] #7335914
08/21/21 02:47 PM
08/21/21 02:47 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Is someone can't get the day off, but really want to vote, what should they do? Quit their job? Call in sick?

Yes.

Last edited by 52Carl; 08/21/21 02:49 PM.
Re: should election day be a day off ? [Re: foxkidd44] #7335918
08/21/21 02:53 PM
08/21/21 02:53 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by James
So now we're left to argue the degrees of sexism?

I admit I made a sexist assumption, but so did you.

I don't know if there are women serving in the Afghan army, but if there are, they should be included too.

Jim

You didn't make a sexist assumption and it had nothing to do with whether or not women were (not are, none of them ARE anymore) fighting in the Afghan Army. You said that Afghan MEN over 16 should be fighting for their country.

I'm honestly getting sick of hearing about the poor Afghan civilians left behind. Every last one of them should have been fighting the Taliban to save their country, not clinging to the outsides of US Airplanes trying to run away.

This whole thing is such a mess... it sullies our name internationally, not just with our Allies but also making us appear inept to our enemies, of which we have no shortage. Add to that the 302 billion dollars of grade A US weaponry we left behind for the Taliban to use and sell to others that will undoubtedly use them to kill our service members in all these third world cesspools over there and I think the Muslim women of Afghanistan should be the least of our worries.

All that said, I'm not even close to a feminist and I could care less what sexist remarks you make. I just found it ironic because of your normal holier than thou liberal attitude. But yet you make a comment like women shouldn't be fighting for their country.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread