No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351768
09/09/21 10:05 PM
09/09/21 10:05 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
A state seeking to be its own country would have to take its share of the federal debt with it also.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Boco] #7351771
09/09/21 10:07 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Boco
A state seeking to be its own country would have to take its share of the federal debt with it also.

why -- they should only have to take their part of it -- cali and other liberal states could never secceed.

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351772
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
What needs to occur is for States to implement what might best be described as a "soft secession", whereas the duly elected of a State grows a set
and asserts their State Right to govern themselves according to the Constitution.
We are seeing this going on right now in Texas where they have legalized suppressors manufactured in Texas without the Federal Tax Stamp, and Constitutional carry without any permits.
Most States buckle to the Federal Government in order to receive Federal dollars. Just say no to those dollars and run your State according to what We the People voted you in for.

Last edited by 52Carl; 09/09/21 10:08 PM.
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: H2ORat] #7351777
09/09/21 10:16 PM
09/09/21 10:16 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by H2ORat

why -- they should only have to take their part of it -- cali and other liberal states could never secceed.

Except that California only receives $0.99 for every $1 they send to DC. Maybe the secede and send the feds a bill?

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351780
09/09/21 10:19 PM
09/09/21 10:19 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
States may have the "right" to secede, but no state would be able to make it financially and geographically with the current state of global economics.

California and Texas may have a large economy, but it only matters when we work in combination with one another. Geographically, our country is the most important in the world as far as exports/imports, and agriculture goes. We all need this together collectively to function and have a place on the world markets unfortunately.

Sure, States could secede, but in my mind we would become like Afghanistan ruled by areas of differing opinions and constantly under attack from within as certain states would need access to ports and rivers to sell their goods. We would be in a constant state of warfare with differing ideologies; just like Afghanistan and the rest of the "anistan countries........All fighting for dominance over certain geographical access.

We must remain ONE nation Under God. The problem now, is that there are 100 million ticked off Americans (I am one of them), and the other bunch of Americans are imbedded all within us and throughout our nation and are trying to destroy what I love. A purge is coming and it will be fought across this entire nation and within every town; just like in the 1860s. History is about to repeat itself. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351781
09/09/21 10:20 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Looks like ND receives about $5.25 back for every $1 they send to DC
[Linked Image]

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Boco] #7351782
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa
California has the population resources and geography to be its own country.
Not sure what other states meet the criteria.

Just call it Mexico and get it over with

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Chancey] #7351784
09/09/21 10:21 PM
09/09/21 10:21 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Chancey
States may have the "right" to secede, but no state would be able to make it financially and geographically with the current state of global economics.

California and Texas may have a large economy, but it only matters when we work in combination with one another. Geographically, our country is the most important in the world as far as exports/imports, and agriculture goes. We all need this together collectively to function and have a place on the world markets unfortunately.

Sure, States could secede, but in my mind we would become like Afghanistan ruled by areas of differing opinions and constantly under attack from within as certain states would need access to ports and rivers to sell their goods. We would be in a constant state of warfare with differing ideologies; just like Afghanistan and the rest of the "anistan countries........All fighting for dominance over certain geographical access.

We must remain ONE nation Under God. The problem now, is that there are 100 million ticked off Americans (I am one of them), and the other bunch of Americans are imbedded all within us and throughout our nation and are trying to destroy what I love. A purge is coming and it will be fought across this entire nation and within every town; just like in the 1860s. History is about to repeat itself. Chancey

Great comment

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Chancey] #7351787
09/09/21 10:24 PM
09/09/21 10:24 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
A purge is coming and it will be fought across this entire nation and within every town; just like in the 1860s. History is about to repeat itself. Chancey

How sure are you about this?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351788
09/09/21 10:25 PM
09/09/21 10:25 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Good thoughts Chancey.

There are quite a large number of folks gonna order bumper stickers saying;

There are two things I hate; Change and the way things are

'Bout sums up Merica.

One nation under God is our only hope.
It always has been.

I'm not a legalist theology wise by any stretch but you gotta admit some weird stuffs been happening in our lifetimes as our nation's fine folk agreed to "git rid of God," and decided to let the inmates have the keys.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Chancey] #7351790
09/09/21 10:26 PM
09/09/21 10:26 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa

So....Europe?

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Chancey] #7351791
09/09/21 10:27 PM
09/09/21 10:27 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware

I'll repeat my previous post : Anything is possible, but there aren't enough people in any State(s) that have the balls to try it AGAIN, let alone succeed

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351794
09/09/21 10:30 PM
09/09/21 10:30 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Marty] #7351806
09/09/21 10:38 PM
09/09/21 10:38 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Marty
A purge is coming and it will be fought across this entire nation and within every town; just like in the 1860s. History is about to repeat itself. Chancey

How sure are you about this?

Marty, the writing has been on the wall for a long time in my opinion; and I am starting to feel it in my bones.

I am just sick and tired of it all. Tired of being talked down to, tired of having a way of life thrown upon me that I don't agree with, tired of being talked to like I am stupid, tired of being told I'm destroying the environment, tired of being forced to pay for taxes to fund things that don't even affect me or this country, tired of being force fed gay rights, tired of seeing it on TV and radio every day, etc., and sick and tired of being told that my beliefs are archaic. Especially got real tired today having a tyrant call me out. Chancey

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Chancey] #7351813
09/09/21 10:43 PM
09/09/21 10:43 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

Marty, the writing has been on the wall for a long time in my opinion; and I am starting to feel it in my bones.

I am just sick and tired of it all. Tired of being talked down to, tired of having a way of life thrown upon me that I don't agree with, tired of being talked to like I am stupid, tired of being told I'm destroying the environment, tired of being forced to pay for taxes to fund things that don't even affect me or this country, tired of being force fed gay rights, tired of seeing it on TV and radio every day, etc., and sick and tired of being told that my beliefs are archaic. Especially got real tired today having a tyrant call me out. Chancey

Yup, I feel it coming also. Good luck, brother.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351821
09/09/21 10:49 PM
09/09/21 10:49 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Not gonna happen.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: SJA] #7351829
09/09/21 10:56 PM
09/09/21 10:56 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by SJA
Not gonna happen.

Who ever said the purge was gonna be started from the citizenry?
It may very well be started via governmental officials, but I promise you that I will not go gently into that good night!

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351834
09/09/21 11:03 PM
09/09/21 11:03 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
How come none of the 100 million rally around the statues being torn down to prevent it?

Nobody cares.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: Chancey] #7351835
09/09/21 11:04 PM
09/09/21 11:04 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by SJA
Not gonna happen.

Who ever said the purge was gonna be started from the citizenry?
It may very well be started via governmental officials, but I promise you that I will not go gently into that good night!

Chancey,
Another who felt the hatred of liberalism in his day in early 18th century Massachusetts.
America's theologian Jonathan Edwards;
Great words from the pastor who even ministered to the native people at the end of his days when the MA elites had had their fill of his preaching of the Gospel Truth;,

Resolved: that all men should live for the glory of God.
Resolved second: that whether others do or do not, I will.

- Edwards (1703-1758)

Be encouraged brother.
The remnant prevails.
Always has and always will.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is it possible to succeed from the union ? [Re: martyd] #7351836
09/09/21 11:05 PM
09/09/21 11:05 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Seems to me they will get impatient and make the wrong move.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread