No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352123
09/10/21 09:36 AM
09/10/21 09:36 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Is the US a better or worse nation being founded on Christianity by imperfect people?

I donb't know. Europeans who believed the bible was bunk had to keep that hidden. saying it was all fantasy got people thrown in prison, or tortured or killed or all three.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352125
09/10/21 09:38 AM
09/10/21 09:38 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Why do the unbelievers tell the believers how to believe and what to believe in

I guess for the same reason you tell me what to believe.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352128
09/10/21 09:41 AM
09/10/21 09:41 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
So, back to this: How was slavery was justified by the Christians who practiced it? Did they believe it was sin and just pray for forgiveness every Sunday, or did they think it was ordained by God? And if they believed it was ordained by God, why is that no longer taught and is in fact unconstitutional today?

I think its a valid question considering Christian church's today are all saying we need to put Christianity into government.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352130
09/10/21 09:42 AM
09/10/21 09:42 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yes bowhunter it absolutely is

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352133
09/10/21 09:43 AM
09/10/21 09:43 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Your beef and your examples are with people. Not God.
But you already know that in your heart.

There's something deep in everyone's life narrative that steers them; it's called integrity.

You're chasing other people's integrity and each person can only work on our own, with or without God.

You remind us, it makes us feel better when we tear down other people's integrity instead of looking at the log in our own eye.
But orthodox Christians already realize this and do the best we can.

Thanks for the BE AWARE.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352134
09/10/21 09:45 AM
09/10/21 09:45 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
A lot of atrocities committed in the name of Christ were committed by people who weren't Christians. Just because someone slaps up a bible verse or a crucifix, doesn't make them a Christian.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352136
09/10/21 09:48 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton

That is illogical.
When someone talks trapping, are they telling someone to trap?

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352138
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I'm sure I'll take a lot of flack for this, but I don't believe slavery is necessarily a sin. We are Americans, and as such, we cannot imagine a fate worse than loss of freedom. Freedom is everything to us; it's how we were raised, it's in our blood. Let me ask you this. Is the black child who never knew his father, and who's mother is high on crack cocaine 24/7, that has to fend for himself by stealing from the streets just to eat really better off than his 2x great grandfather who was born a slave? Sure, the slave child had to work, but he was also guaranteed a roof over his head, sufficient food, and medical care when he was ill. There are black children in America today who have no such guarantees. Many of them will spend their lives in prison, which is also a loss of freedom.

There were many horrors associated with slavery. Whippings, beatings, sexual abuse, etc. I make no excuses for anyone that treated slaves in that manner. But not everyone did. Was it sinful for a family of modest means to have one slave that served as a housekeeper/cook that was treated practically as family? I don't think so. I don't believe slavery is inherently sinful. I do believe many slaveholders committed sins in the way they treated their slaves, though.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christians be aware [Re: bowhunter27295] #7352139
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

So how many decades back in history are we going with this discussion?

Everybody knows there was only slavery in The United States of America.

Com’on Man! whistle

-Goofy-
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352142
09/10/21 09:51 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
The people that had slaves here in America are of the same party who want abortions at Will today. As to lump all Christians into one group does lead to teaching CRT which I think you are in favor of after seeing this. Danny you are simply an antagonist just as James is. You both get your kicks off of attacking Christ and his Church. You are a sorry individual and usually I would pity a fool but you and James are the exception to that.

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352143
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama

I don't know that I've ever seen someone on here telling you what you have to believe. You are free to reject the gospel just like anyone else. No one is forcing you to convert.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: yotetrapper30] #7352145
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I'm sure I'll take a lot of flack for this, but I don't believe slavery is necessarily a sin. We are Americans, and as such, we cannot imagine a fate worse than loss of freedom. Freedom is everything to us; it's how we were raised, it's in our blood. Let me ask you this. Is the black child who never knew his father, and who's mother is high on crack cocaine 24/7, that has to fend for himself by stealing from the streets just to eat really better off than his 2x great grandfather who was born a slave? Sure, the slave child had to work, but he was also guaranteed a roof over his head, sufficient food, and medical care when he was ill. There are black children in America today who have no such guarantees. Many of them will spend their lives in prison, which is also a loss of freedom.

There were many horrors associated with slavery. Whippings, beatings, sexual abuse, etc. I make no excuses for anyone that treated slaves in that manner. But not everyone did. Was it sinful for a family of modest means to have one slave that served as a housekeeper/cook that was treated practically as family? I don't think so. I don't believe slavery is inherently sinful. I do believe many slaveholders committed sins in the way they treated their slaves, though.

shocked

-Goofy-
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352147
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Your welcome. And if my beef is with people (something I agree with you about) how can we put Christianity into government since Christianity is something different to each believer. I have no idea how many different denominations of just protestant religion there are. ALL religions are propagated by people. So maybe separation of church and state is a good thing?

Re: Christians be aware [Re: yotetrapper30] #7352151
09/10/21 09:56 AM
09/10/21 09:56 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

A very critically thought out post. Well said.
It is often the most heinous who speak out against being heinous... in the past.
Keeps eyes off today's travesties.
Cue the BLM and 1,000 more like them.

We have enough injustices today to wallow in woulda, coulda , shoulda from yesteryear.
Each and every day I am part of the team administering (and if need be ministering) to the adolescents who try to take their own life... and it's each day, every day, more and more.....
they couldn't spell Gettysburg.
We are a nation self consumed with self-adulation who looks at anybody else but in the mirror to fix things.

And no atheistic do-good mantra stands a chance against the principalities they're fighting. Not one chance.
Proof = check out a PICU near you.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352154
09/10/21 09:59 AM
09/10/21 09:59 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont know what CRT is. I also dont think George Washington and Thomas Jefferson thought of them selves as Democrats.

BandB, if washington and jeffersoin for example were not christians then where does this idea that we are a chrtistian nation come from?

Ang, I like the way you think. It does not answer my question though or change the fact just cause someone waves a bible around and is charismatic doesnt mean they should be blindly followed

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352156
09/10/21 10:01 AM
09/10/21 10:01 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Your welcome. And if my beef is with people (something I agree with you about) how can we put Christianity into government since Christianity is something different to each believer. I have no idea how many different denominations of just protestant religion there are. ALL religions are propagated by people. So maybe separation of church and state is a good thing?

I agree with your last question , absolutely.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352157
09/10/21 10:02 AM
09/10/21 10:02 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Is the US a better or worse nation being founded on Christianity by imperfect people?

I donb't know. Europeans who believed the bible was bunk had to keep that hidden. saying it was all fantasy got people thrown in prison, or tortured or killed or all three.

thanks for proving my point about you, danny...selective outrage.

(you point out a flaw of humans practicing their version of Christianity from hundreds of years ago; while ignoring what the Taliban is doing RIGHT NOW, in practicing their religion)

Last edited by white marlin; 09/10/21 10:03 AM.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352159
09/10/21 10:03 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I dont know what CRT is. I also dont think George Washington and Thomas Jefferson thought of them selves as Democrats.

BandB, if washington and jeffersoin for example were not christians then where does this idea that we are a chrtistian nation come from?

Ang, I like the way you think. It does not answer my question though or change the fact just cause someone waves a bible around and is charismatic doesnt mean they should be blindly followed

CRT = Critical Race Theory

I guess I don't know what exactly your question was.

But I agree, and I am sure pretty much every Christian would also, that "just cause someone waves a bible around and is charismatic doesnt mean they should be blindly followed". There are tons of false teachers out there... the Bible warns repeatedly of them.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352160
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Danny, when can we start a thread about King Solomon and his 700 wives? Just curious, I know you like women.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352166
09/10/21 10:10 AM
09/10/21 10:10 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It starts with a spark of a humble thanks for the revelation of creation, Jesus Christ, and God's Word.
By God's Grace alone.

Seeking better understanding of faith is only available after God's Grace.

Not before.

People been arguing about it since Abel killed his brother.
Ka-bul (Cain and Abel) is still fighting.

What's the point of the post remains my sincere question still?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread