Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Concoction #7356471
09/15/21 05:11 PM
09/15/21 05:11 PM
Southeast Louisiana
S
Slipknot Offline OP
trapper
Slipknot  Offline OP
trapper
S

Southeast Louisiana
I was wondering how this would work or if it has been tried, I am sure it has. The ingredients would be fresh deer parts ,liver, heart, lungs and meat trimmings and add a small amount of the stomach contents to add some extra calling distance to the bait. If I made this I would want to keep it fresh. So my question is to keep fresh would I add SB.

Re: Concoction [Re: Slipknot] #7356984
09/16/21 10:43 AM
09/16/21 10:43 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
About a cup of SB per gallon of bait and keep it in a fly proof area until the SB does it thing...which will take a few days. If it dries out...add glycerin. It may taint slightly if warm weather, but the odor will be mostly what deer parts and gut smells like fresh.

This is great coyote bait. I use all bloodshot trimmings, hearts, livers, and empty stomachs.....ground up and SB and glycerin added while grinding. I grind until its like a paste.

I have an old chest freezer that stopped working. I keep bait in tube/aquarium stone-vented 5 gallon buckets and put in that freezer.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Concoction [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7357294
09/16/21 08:18 PM
09/16/21 08:18 PM
Southeast Louisiana
S
Slipknot Offline OP
trapper
Slipknot  Offline OP
trapper
S

Southeast Louisiana
Thanks for the info.i was looking for a good bait to try in the winter.

Re: Concoction [Re: Slipknot] #7386880
10/24/21 10:22 AM
10/24/21 10:22 AM
Southeast Louisiana
S
Slipknot Offline OP
trapper
Slipknot  Offline OP
trapper
S

Southeast Louisiana
So I have had a batch going for 7 days ,about how long before I can put it in jars and not have an explosion. I was not able to grind so it is in chunks.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91