No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: fur prices [Re: Dirt] #7360992
09/21/21 03:38 PM
09/21/21 03:38 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by coonman220
Wonder what kinda coon they had at sale, section from when tooken? I should contact FHA again someday , I feel at right sale that on coon an maybe mink that on the coon on bigger good section ones from here that could get a price that more worthwhile than local buyer , yet this be a year not wait that long get money invest in trapping back an then local buyer well not go along with good price on what leftover on coon that didn't ship, rats possibly do better to at FHA but long wait for lil money more , still if local buyer pic out half dz coon that pay $15 for, FHA may go in low mid $20 s on best section coon, u never know , maybe depend on covid border an policy's on covid for upcome sales in Canada

I was looking at the Sold Catalog on the FHA website this morning coonman. They had coon from every section on the July sale. Somewhere along the line they sold most of them and put the numbers in the Catalog. Looks like they sold maybe 500 total for over $10. Mostly 5X-4X select Western Hvys. Your coon. Then pages of put up coon under $8. Most would have been in the $2 to$5 range. On a $2 coon I believe FHA made most of the money, because of fees. On a $5 coon it would be a toss up.

P.S. If Groeny bought them, he probably don't need to buy direct from trappers anymore.

That sound terrible , I can't see this season sell heavy big western section coon for a little over $10, those prices are precommision, I think groenwold buys in pt at bargain prices, maybe low grade stuff

Re: fur prices [Re: banchee] #7361122
09/21/21 06:16 PM
09/21/21 06:16 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
I have had requests to trap some additional land to get down the coon numbers. I have to give some thought to how to best work with these land owners. I was more interested a few months ago but when I have been hearing what typical WI yotes are now anticipated to be selling for I doubt the gas will get paid for.

If they won't pay some cash to offset your costs, maybe they'd be up for some trades or gifts to you. If you like to throw back or sip on some distilled liquid, maybe stock up the whiskey cabinet by coon trapping. Back in the day, a 1.75 liter of Lord Calvert or Windsor used to open up or maintain some decent antelope hunting land in West River, SD.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: fur prices [Re: bblwi] #7361180
09/21/21 07:24 PM
09/21/21 07:24 PM
ND
M
MJM Online content
trapper
MJM  Online Content
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by bblwi
For those wondering what grade of coon were sold at the FHA summer sale it was my last 9 coon that were bought back on the other 2-3 auctions. My roughly 38 coon sold in three auctions with the following gross prices, first sale averaged $13.39 on 11 coon, the 2nd sale had a $6.79 average on 18, and the last sale averaged $3.12 with a $6 top. They are now all gone, thank goodness. About 12 of those coon were holdovers from the year before.
Four of those coons sold for $6 total. I have had requests to trap some additional land to get down the coon numbers. I have to give some thought to how to best work with these land owners. I was more interested a few months ago but when I have been hearing what typical WI yotes are now anticipated to be selling for I doubt the gas will get paid for.
Bryce

It looks like it was a 50% cut every auction, as the grade improved. I don't think I missed much never shipping there.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread