No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Dress culture and church [Re: BuckMink] #7369097
10/01/21 05:02 PM
10/01/21 05:02 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I don't care for Long Black Train. I DO love anything Alison Krauss... but NOT at a weekly church service. Church is, or should be, sacred.... Alison, while amazing, is not.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Dress culture and church [Re: yotetrapper30] #7369099
10/01/21 05:12 PM
10/01/21 05:12 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Tambourines and cymbals are percussion.

Pianos and guitars are stringed instruments.

Get over yourselves.

No offense since I assume you play in the church band.... but I would be fine with churches having bands for special occasions like Christmas, Easter, summer festivals, youth camps, etc. But if an electrified band was part of the weekly service, I'd find a new church. For me, church should be solemn. Reverent. Anything outside an organ/piano would be too much for me.

What if God enjoys a gifted musician since God gives the gifts in the first place? Ethnodoxology is an emerging area of theology that FINALLY recognizes that while Christianity is a faith that has a very large experiential component (you feel it/you experience it deeply at times), everyone's doxology (worship) is cultural. Maybe you love the song Amazing Grace or maybe you enjoy a rappers worship in song and why can't one be just as worshipful as the other? Sure they can. In any church, there are differing generations, different ethnicities, and often different nationalities. A believer is challenged to mature if they think the way "they" like to sing or hear preaching is "the only truth, way, and life." It's not. Jesus is.
So, as long as the worship is Christian at its core doctrine..... BRING IT!

Christian churches all over the world worship every day in different ways and different styles to the God of the Bible.
The way most people who come to me and "tell me" how worship should be, I most often kindly remind them that most songs in our churches are not even 500 years old, and most are not 100 years old. The same grumbling happened the first time Amazing Grace was played.... people said, "I won't listen to that junk!"

See how times change and people haven't wink
If they come into God's church, love them. Not a little but a lot. Love 'em like you love yourself.
Love their worship style like you love yours.

As it is written.

And what an orchestra heaven should be!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: BuckMink] #7369104
10/01/21 05:21 PM
10/01/21 05:21 PM
Happy Valley
CoonsBane Offline
trapper
CoonsBane  Offline
trapper

Happy Valley
You're missing the whole idea of worship if you think it should be solemn. When your favorite football team scores a touchdown what do you do? You should act the same way in church. Church should be a celebration not a punishment.

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: CoonsBane] #7369112
10/01/21 05:37 PM
10/01/21 05:37 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
You're missing the whole idea of worship if you think it should be solemn. When your favorite football team scores a touchdown what do you do? You should act the same way in church. Church should be a celebration not a punishment.

Good point.
The Church exists in large measure to strengthen us from "exaggerated individualism" and any pastor or priest is called to help the ecclesia (church) described in 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12, and Ephesians 4 understand that >>>>> a church body has many members, different callings, and all directed by the unifying Spirit to work together for God's Glory.

So we see that how someone dresses should be modest but has no bearing on the purpose of why Jesus ordained His Church.

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: BuckMink] #7369123
10/01/21 05:55 PM
10/01/21 05:55 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I sure do miss seeing the choir and the mission field that was created. Worship teams generally sound better.... smile

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: yotetrapper30] #7369127
10/01/21 05:58 PM
10/01/21 05:58 PM
Missouri
trappergirl04 Offline
trapper
trappergirl04  Offline
trapper

Missouri
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Tambourines and cymbals are percussion.

Pianos and guitars are stringed instruments.

Get over yourselves.

No offense since I assume you play in the church band.... but I would be fine with churches having bands for special occasions like Christmas, Easter, summer festivals, youth camps, etc. But if an electrified band was part of the weekly service, I'd find a new church. For me, church should be solemn. Reverent. Anything outside an organ/piano would be too much for me.

I think I understand what Yotetrapper30 means. Almost like, a concert feel when you see all these instruments and musicians on stage? I totally get what you’re saying cause how many lights and extra instruments brought people to Christ? But I think it all has to do with the heart of the worship team. I am on a worship team and if the singer gets just a little cocky you can see how it feels more like a show than a worship service. So I can see how you would like only a piano in worship but God gave us those gifts for us to use it for his Glory. I’m not trying to pick sides or step on any toes here, that’s just my opinion

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: BuckMink] #7369166
10/01/21 07:17 PM
10/01/21 07:17 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
We have an orchestra for worship. Not a full orchestra, but the basics are covered. It brings a phenomenal element to the worshop service. As a choir member, it is wonderful.

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: BuckMink] #7370008
10/02/21 10:43 PM
10/02/21 10:43 PM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline OP
trapper
BuckMink  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
comparison on Worship is kinda like how the motor vehicle has come around.. A guy could only walk then the horse....than the gradual upgrades in the motor vehicle to what we have now. What if a guy got stuck on one year of a car and than anything more is too much. They both serve the same purpose but one has more features than the other. You no longer have to stand in front of the car and start it by hand you now hop in and start with a push of a button but it both gets you from point a to b.

We no longer worship in a field or in a drafty wooden bench church, but in cushioned pews or chairs with guitars, key boards, and drums. Its not the features of a car but the engine's reliability, same with a believer. It is their heart and their life to Christ not the instruments.

Re: Dress culture and church [Re: BuckMink] #7370027
10/02/21 11:10 PM
10/02/21 11:10 PM
sw iowa
jv220 Offline
trapper
jv220  Offline
trapper

sw iowa
Ive read most of the posts on this thread but not all so maybe i missed it...but could someone smarter than me point to any verse or scripture...that has a dress code of any kind? Does anybody think that in the early church people dressed differently while they gathered together? I think how you live your life and your personal relationship with God is what is important. If salvation has a dress code...im screwed

Last edited by jv220; 10/02/21 11:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

My reading of history convinces me that most
bad government results from too much government.
Thomas
Jefferson
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread