No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dodge death wobble [Re: old243] #7378947
10/14/21 11:50 AM
10/14/21 11:50 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Good info Pete.

I once warped a rotor on a Ford and kept putting new pads on it instead of replacing it. It all seemed fine until that sides caliper stopped releasing 100%. That rattle would bounce your head against the drivers side window and I stopped by Napa on the way home and ponied up the money

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Dodge death wobble [Re: old243] #7378971
10/14/21 12:24 PM
10/14/21 12:24 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I miss the old ford tribeam axel , if you kept grease in everything they would go a really long time the 2001 came with plugs where there should have been zerts in 2003 I put zerts in all of them to replace the plugs in 19 years and 265K miles the shocks were the only front end part replaced besides tires and brakes

if a load adjustable air ride was an option they could go even longer with really minimal tire wear you got camber issues as the springs and shocks got weak my 2001 E350 van would go 80K on a set of tires

when you replaced the rotor on the 2wd fords you repacked the bearings and put in new seals , you almost never heard of a bad wheel bearing in a 2wd ford you would have had to run the brakes so long or had a bad seal.

now I don't miss the plastic cylinder calipers on that E350 stupid things leaked and hung up and I was always replacing the rear disk brakes and calipers about every 2-3 years and they used so many different brake setups virtually one for every weight or wheel base I almost never got the right one the first time

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Dodge death wobble [Re: old243] #7378974
10/14/21 12:28 PM
10/14/21 12:28 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Worn front tires causes alot of this.