No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385381
10/22/21 12:24 PM
10/22/21 12:24 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
No thanks. I played that game enough times with a crazy longhorn heifer out at my sister's place... Brother-in-law finally had enough of her and sent her to the butcher. Seems like I posted a picture of her bailing out of the stock trailer. The meat wasn't that good but it still tasted like we won and she lost. Lol

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385390
10/22/21 12:33 PM
10/22/21 12:33 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Wick Peth and Bob Romer were my hero's. I went to three bull fighting schools. The first was taught by Ed Wittic in Billings MT. Then Larry Clayman and Jon Taylors in Mesquite, it was held at Gays. They had a out door arena still. Mahan was teaching a bull riding school in conjunction with it. Do0nny was there adding his two cents. The last one I went to was Bobby MacAfee's at Sankey's in Rose Hill Kansas. I fought in six state and some of Canada. Me in a dress.
[Linked Image]

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385403
10/22/21 01:15 PM
10/22/21 01:15 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
[Linked Image]

My youngest when he did the Reno mutton busting he also did the PBR finals that year and got to meet Rob, Shorty ,Frank and Greg Crabtree. I'm trying to find that pic.

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385611
10/22/21 06:24 PM
10/22/21 06:24 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

RIP Greg Crabtree- it was obvious to me his heart must have been the size of his head and we lost a good one way too soon.

Jeb if my boy ever even acted like he wanted to fight bulls I would have prolly locked him in the trailer every weekend. Thankfully he decided riding bulls and bareback horses would keep him plenty sore enough.

Here he was at 10 winning the tristate mini bullring title

[Linked Image]

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385614
10/22/21 06:30 PM
10/22/21 06:30 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Mark all the guys who I thought were top hands talked about Wick Perth and Miles Hare. And LMBO at Donny Gay adding his 2 cents, I can't imagine it any other way.

When I was a young guy I spent lots of time in both Rosehill KS and Mesquite TX. Bud and Neil helped hundreds of guys either get their start or realize "I'm not cut out for this crap" and take up golf LOL

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385750
10/22/21 08:57 PM
10/22/21 08:57 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
How old is your boy now? Miles Hare was always old and broke up it seemed like. He wore knee braces while he fought bulls, for at least 20 years. Wick was always in good shape. I got along with Donny, but It was funny how he had to sit in and add to what Mahan said. I fought at a bull riding school Donny taught in Cardson Alberta one year. Hawkeye was there too. It was a long ways from home for me. So I didn't get down there much.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385854
10/22/21 10:18 PM
10/22/21 10:18 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

My boy is 22 but all he can do anymore is team rope. He had one complete and one partial hip replacement a couple years ago and said he doesn't want a wheel chair any time soon.

That sounds like quite a trip and it is too bad I am a little young to have seen some of those guys in action. Some guys can seem to compete no matter how broke up they get. I don't remember seeing Mark Cain or Spud Whitman when they didn't have stitches or at least a black eye but they wouldn't turn a good one out for anything

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385865
10/22/21 10:25 PM
10/22/21 10:25 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Darn son, you circuit riders are one tough breed. We were moving to the heartland from MI and our middle daughter Samantha was not keen on any of it, being in the 11th grade and all. We happened to go to the rodeo in Cheyenne however (family side trip) and Sammie absolutely fell head over cartwheels in love with the cowboys at the rodeo. Thought I'd have to shoot my way outta there since she's a looker and the boys came a running from the gates to meet the "new girl." Never forget those boys/men who were ALL gentlemen to the core.

Samantha and her Texas bred cowboy hubby, now a Plano firefighter, raise 3 of our grandkids and a herd of cows south of Ft. Worth. Great family and great steaks!
I will always remember those men from Cheyenne and Samantha leaning on a gate "shooting the breeze" with all those cowboys on a cool night in WY.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385886
10/22/21 10:50 PM
10/22/21 10:50 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

I'm glad it all worked out that well. I didn't ever have a daughter but if I had of and she liked cowboys I'd have probably lost all my hair with worry LOL.

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7385946
10/23/21 01:04 AM
10/23/21 01:04 AM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
I realize you are talking about bullfighters in the world of rodeo but the bravest bullfighter I ever knew in my life was a white woman.
Her name was Patricia McCormick and even though she was gored 6 times while in the ring she refused to give up. One time in Ciudad Acuna she was gored through the leg and the horn went up into her stomach. After she came loose from the bull she was given last rights in the ring and was taken immediately across to Del Rio so she wouldn't die in Mexico. She lived to return to the ring.
With over 1000 kills in the ring she lived to be 83 years old.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7386098
10/23/21 08:21 AM
10/23/21 08:21 AM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

She did well it sounds like I would think that would be a great way to live a short life.

Years ago someone sent me a clip from Spain of a guy who rode horses he would make dance in the ring with a fighting bull to music. I wish I could find it on YouTube it was impressive

Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7386372
10/23/21 04:22 PM
10/23/21 04:22 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
My old running partner made the life size bronze of Lane Frost at Cheyanne. His name is Chris Navarro. He is from Casper Wy. We left Gt. Falls 9 days after I graduated from high school and rodeoed down to San Antonio. He busted his collar bone down there trying to ride a burro with a bareback rig on it. He was trying to win a case of beer at a place called Kickers Corner. The bucked bulls and horses Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Forget the NFL, I watch bullfighting [Re: Leftlane] #7386606
10/23/21 09:24 PM
10/23/21 09:24 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Sounds like quite a trip LOL.
There are more weekly jackpots down here than you could ever hope to get to.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread