No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Infrastructure street project by home #7386907
10/24/21 11:22 AM
10/24/21 11:22 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Supposed be for sure next April , unless fell thru hopefully as I have seen streets by house that 10 times as bad, no idea why in town this street be pick on, by some fancy multimillionaire town ppl an old lady that wanna see new concrete I guess, so supposed get estimate of assement an bill $$$$, I not pay Penney of the crap an let them send it my property tax an split up 10 yrs payments with 10 per cent interest if the junk project happen, I figgure $100 more month payments for 10 yrs , I not spend any good money money willingly on there trash project,or like city clerk suggest get loan an pay us, never go happen ever, so I was wondee if anyone knowledgeable on what happens in city if ur sewer pipes run out back house opposite side street an 100s ft out in another bug lot an tie in other pipes an go another st that not be replaced ? My water pipes go straight out front house to st be replace , to move that sewer pipe to run out new st, would cost 10s $$$ an involve tear out all driveway or lot dig an hassale an no way I pay it , wonder if city would leave as is or say u got move sewer pipe to run out st be replaced ? As there put in new main water line , I never ask them this or tell them as hatered toward whoever idea was tear out st as very stupid , good st an be really hard me happen if does next spring for cpl months as not get drive home etc, noise , I know where sewer pipe goes as have had drain clean the local plumber contracter ran sewer rat up it a cpl hundred ft in past

Last edited by coonman220; 10/24/21 11:24 AM.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386918
10/24/21 11:44 AM
10/24/21 11:44 AM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Dave, How many city council meetings did you go to when this project was being discussed? What did your councilman or mayor say about this project when you discussed it with them? How many of the people that live on this street have you talked to? And...why are you asking the questions you are on here, if you haven't taken the time to ask questions before this proposed project has gotten to the stage you think it has?

Your post reads: "Infrastructure street project by home" so, its my opinion the city is wanting to replace its existing infrastructure i.e..... Water and Sewer lines. To do that, they will have to take up a large portion of the street. Do you think they will leave your street as a mud or gravel road, or do you think they will pave it with concrete or asphalt after the infrastructure work is done?

Your taxes will most likely go up, but I believe to some extent so will the value of your property as a result of the street project.

Your hatred pretty much sums up most of your problems, beside the fact that I think you are missing the point on what you think is only a way to appease some " some fancy multimillionaire town ppl an old lady".

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386921
10/24/21 11:49 AM
10/24/21 11:49 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I'd just set up an outhouse out back and refuse to pay my property taxes. That'll show'em.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386922
10/24/21 11:51 AM
10/24/21 11:51 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
....didn't you post this like four months ago whistle

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386927
10/24/21 12:08 PM
10/24/21 12:08 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
I heard hardly any neighbors went to city council meetings an I am sure not happy with it, most not, city clerk told me this on pH , I couldn't go meetings as at work, there is really nothing u can do , I sure didn't ask them about sewer pipes, just wonder if anyone that works for city somewhere as one posted from MN that did long ago, wonder what city does if got have pipes go out st be replaced or if pipes not already there an go out back to another st matters, hatred toward whoever want project, ask neigbor next door , I think he might move out by spring an dump the house to bank , pretty sure way behind mortgage payments

Last edited by coonman220; 10/24/21 12:10 PM.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386933
10/24/21 12:20 PM
10/24/21 12:20 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Online content
The Count
~ADC~  Online Content
The Count

Iowa
My guess is they are trying to get you out. They'll raise the taxes beyond what you can afford and confiscate your house for non-payment.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386938
10/24/21 12:26 PM
10/24/21 12:26 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Probly right an exactly what thought, they want me an next door neighbor out, cause no money, they only want certain wealthy town ppl live here as impression I got long ago, there is foreclosed house a blk half away , u got have lots money or ur out in area, $100s k to burn, the house if non payment would go back to lender, yes lots dirty ppl in town

Last edited by coonman220; 10/24/21 12:28 PM.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386942
10/24/21 12:31 PM
10/24/21 12:31 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Originally Posted by coonman220
I heard hardly any neighbors went to city council meetings an I am sure not happy with it, most not, city clerk told me this on pH , I couldn't go meetings as at work, there is really nothing u can do , I sure didn't ask them about sewer pipes, just wonder if anyone that works for city somewhere as one posted from MN that did long ago, wonder what city does if got have pipes go out st be replaced or if pipes not already there an go out back to another st matters, hatred toward whoever want project, ask neigbor next door , I think he might move out by spring an dump the house to bank , pretty sure way behind mortgage payments

You know you can email or go to City Hall and ask the clerk exactly what is going to happen, when the bid letting will be, what the cost will be to you, based on your assessed valuation of your property. There is no reason to be uninformed unless you want to be. If you have time to take off work from a part-time job to trap, you can make time to go find out what is really going to happen concerning this project.

I know the City of Epworth has the council meeting minutes posted on its website. You could read the past minutes and possibly find out what has been discussed.

Set your hatred aside and ask reasonable questions and listen to their answers. I think you will get the better information from your own town rather than someone from another state.

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386948
10/24/21 12:37 PM
10/24/21 12:37 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
One thing for certain Dave...if you try to fight it you will lose. This is a disadvantage of living in town. Sewer lines are important in town. Have you ever had sewer back up in your basement? If you have you will gladly pay your share.
It's a seller's market today. Sell out and find a cozy place outside of town.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386950
10/24/21 12:40 PM
10/24/21 12:40 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
They are the ones breaking the connection. It is their responsibility to pay for the cost of the reconnection. That is how it's worked on the projects I've been involved.with.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: ~ADC~] #7386957
10/24/21 12:45 PM
10/24/21 12:45 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
My guess is they are trying to get you out. They'll raise the taxes beyond what you can afford and confiscate your house for non-payment.

That is most likely what is happening. They go around and do improvements, to raise the taxes on houses on that street so they can get people out of them that they don't like. Happens all the time, no other explanation for it.

Those rascals.

The problem is, no matter where Dave moves, they will find him, then do improvements there too... It is a never ending cycle of people out to get Dave.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386959
10/24/21 12:46 PM
10/24/21 12:46 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Dave, the world isn't out to get you.

You should have a conversation with the city or their engineer about what is going to be required with your sewer lateral. It's best to get it in the open and there isn't any surprises down the road. If they don't already know your lateral runs out the back and possibly to another street they'll soon figure it out.

Does your property go all the way to the other street in the back?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386965
10/24/21 12:52 PM
10/24/21 12:52 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
The city clerk don't really know anything other written down on paper , I see in spring alot mark underground utility lines an call an ask, she told me all new gas lines, I call gas co an left message an was call back an totaly bewildered, they ask if leak gas line an was not happy with city clerks answer what was go on it didn't sound like, they knew exactly go in, tele communication fiberoptic line be out in, try sign everyone up it, noone did in 2 houses next me, there nothing I can do, just wonder what might happen if my existing sewer lines don't go out st in front house be replaced an go clear out back other lines to another st , there are fine an hope city don't say all new lines, that would not go on assement an u have pay at least $10k I thinking as be very bad job, I guess find out, I not going call up tell them that as they likely say yes, u got dig a new line in month, maybe they send town cop to door an demand payment or else !

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386971
10/24/21 01:01 PM
10/24/21 01:01 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Move to the country. The less dependent you are on government services the better your life will be.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386983
10/24/21 01:18 PM
10/24/21 01:18 PM
Worthington, IN
S
Scott T Offline
trapper
Scott T  Offline
trapper
S

Worthington, IN
It sounds like you need to sell out to the fancy multimillionaire old people and move to the country. You would be a lot happier.

Looks like he needs another year;-)
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386984
10/24/21 01:20 PM
10/24/21 01:20 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Are you forgetful? You went through all this a few months ago. You are like that song on that country show hee haw, gloom , dispair and misery on me.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: DelawareRob] #7386996
10/24/21 01:36 PM
10/24/21 01:36 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
The problem is, no matter where Dave moves, they will find him, then do improvements there too... It is a never ending cycle of people out to get Dave.

That's where I lost it like Ray Liotta! laugh

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7386997
10/24/21 01:38 PM
10/24/21 01:38 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by coonman220
The city clerk don't really know anything other written down on paper , I see in spring alot mark underground utility lines an call an ask, she told me all new gas lines, I call gas co an left message an was call back an totaly bewildered, they ask if leak gas line an was not happy with city clerks answer what was go on it didn't sound like, they knew exactly go in, tele communication fiberoptic line be out in, try sign everyone up it, noone did in 2 houses next me, there nothing I can do, just wonder what might happen if my existing sewer lines don't go out st in front house be replaced an go clear out back other lines to another st , there are fine an hope city don't say all new lines, that would not go on assement an u have pay at least $10k I thinking as be very bad job, I guess find out, I not going call up tell them that as they likely say yes, u got dig a new line in month, maybe they send town cop to door an demand payment or else !

The city clerk doesn't know anything as this is not their job and frankly above his/her paygrade. I again suggest you call the engineering firm and ask about your lateral, they will find out anyway and instead of waiting until next April, you'll know now.

You didn't answer my question, does your property run to the street out the back as you put it? If it does, I'd be more than a little surprised you have to do anything with it.j Now if your lateral goes across someone else's property or yours connects with the neighbors it's hard to say and there is only one way to find out.

It's been my experience in the last two cases that many times the city will cap a new lateral on the new street and when the homeowner has to repair their sewer line the homeowner will then replace it to the stubbed line.

No doubt you'll ignore everything I and everyone else has stated and you'll wait until next year and then proceed to say everyone is out to get you and people are dirty. There is no doubt in my mind you have had ample opportunity to address the city council and engineering firm leading up to this point yet like everything else you have ignored it and blame others.

It's been decades since I've seen a city street reconstruct project where there hasn't been a notification and comment period.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: Scott T] #7386999
10/24/21 01:39 PM
10/24/21 01:39 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Scott T
It sounds like you need to sell out to the fancy multimillionaire old people and move to the country. You would be a lot happier.

At least until the well and septic needs service.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387004
10/24/21 01:41 PM
10/24/21 01:41 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Online content
The Count
~ADC~  Online Content
The Count

Iowa
That won't help Steven. They are all in on it. They are making money and in the process pushing out dave, just like the rich folks in the neighborhood want them to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread