No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ghost story #7391987
10/30/21 01:19 AM
10/30/21 01:19 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline OP
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline OP
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
My wife and I were talking earlier about an incident that happened here in our home about 20 years ago.To give a little background here,our home was built sometime in the later 1800's,we have the paperwork when her relatives filed for a homestead and its dated 1865,its been in her family to this day.Anyway,I was working away for awhile and her mother came over to spend the night,her mom took our bed and my wife went upstairs to a bedroom so her mother didn't have to do the stairs.Sometime during the night she woke up,something had sat on the bed by her foot.She thought it was her youngest daughter who slept at the other end of the hall.She called her name,asked her what she wanted.No reply.She asked her again,nothing.She felt the bed move like somebody got off it,so she sat up and asked her daughter what's wrong.She said she saw a girl dressed in a white gown and light color hair(daughter is brunette),about 5 or 6 years old(daughter was 9 at the time)walking down the hall towards her daughters bedroom.She called out to her,she kept walking and disappeared into the daughters room.My wife got up,confused as neck at what she just saw,and went down the hall into the room.Her daughter was wrapped up in her blankets sound asleep,as if she'd been there all night.My wife was pretty shook up about what she saw,and called me the next day.Being the skeptic that I am,I watched what I said to her because she was still shook up over it.She told me never to mention it to our kids,that's where all their bedrooms were.So,we never mentioned it.So about 2 years later,the oldest daughter comes over and stays in the same room my wife was in that night.About 2:00a.m. she comes down the stairs and wakes my wife up,scared.She said shed been sleeping when she woke up to find a little girl dressed in a white gown staring at her,then the girl turned and walked down the hallway.She slept on the couch,refusing to go back to the room.Privately I'd been teasing the wife about her experience,telling her she was dreaming.Now I didn't know what to say.When her mother got wind of it she told us around the turn of the century the adults were scrubbing the hardwood floor in our kitchen with lye and a young girl went to jump over the tub,but her foot caught the edge and she went in.She didn't die right away but did die of infection later.She said the girl was 5 years old.True story here,I'm not calling it one way or another but it did happen.Anybody else have anything similar to ths?

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7391993
10/30/21 02:13 AM
10/30/21 02:13 AM
Pottsboro TX Grayson county
J
Jiggamitch Offline
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline
trapper
J

Pottsboro TX Grayson county
Guy I work with told me almost the exact same story. Felt someone on the bed then get up. He saw what he thought was his daughter go into the closet. He got up and she wasn't there. Checked her room and she was asleep.

My parents house in Milwaukee was owned by an older gentleman who passed away in the house. My parents claimed to see him walking around. One night while sleeping, my dad was bitten, and when they turned the lights on the guys was standing there. Dad told him he was dead and to leave. Never saw him again. I was a baby, but my parents swear by their story.

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392011
10/30/21 05:48 AM
10/30/21 05:48 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I've never had such an experience, but there are too many stories by solid, trustworthy people to ignore them.

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392018
10/30/21 06:06 AM
10/30/21 06:06 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
WOW what a story, don't think i would sleep in that house

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392036
10/30/21 06:38 AM
10/30/21 06:38 AM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Central Pennsylvania
Seems like every ghost story I ever heard the ghosts were harmless.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: Ghost story [Re: Nittany Lion] #7392065
10/30/21 07:22 AM
10/30/21 07:22 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Seems like every ghost story I ever heard the ghosts were harmless.

Except to your psyce...

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392121
10/30/21 08:57 AM
10/30/21 08:57 AM
So. IL
pintail_drake04 Offline
trapper
pintail_drake04  Offline
trapper

So. IL
I was acquaintances with the old man who owned my home and farm. I use to work for the guy who farmed the ground (and still farms it now that I own it). Anyway, the old man went to a nursing home and died shortly after. I bought the house and farm, with furniture, from the grandson while he was cleaning it out. For the first few months things were ok. I'd lose something I KNEW I had sat on my night stand. For instance, my pocket knife I'd set beside my pistol and lighter on the night stand. My knife would be gone. I wouldn't find it for a few days, then it would be on the night stand one morning. I didn't think much of it at first. This went on for a while.

Mid spring of our first year in the house, my wife and I were in the great room & I was reading and she was on the computer. My wife's dog (who does not like men at all!) goes crazy, growling at the hallway door. We go look, nothing there obviously. I didn't think much of it. The next night, same thing, I was reading while the wife was on the lab top around the same time and the dog goes nuts. Growling, snarling, barking, heckles standing on end, the whole 9 yards. Now, we have a bright night light in the utility room, just off the hallway. As I went down the hall to check, something was standing in the utility room. The dog goes nuts, as if she saw a man (remember, she doesn't like men). I step into the utility room, turn on the light and the dog stops barking. Needless to say, this spooks the wife a bit. And then she proceeds to tell me that while I was at work (At the time, I was 4pm-12am) she routinely saw "something" in the utility room and the spare bedroom. And went on to say the dog does the same thing about the same time every night.

I had hoped it was just the old man checking over the farm. I asked him to leave my wife alone, and that worked for a while. Then things got a bit more aggressive. This "thing" would routinely walk by the foot of the bed, past doorways, float down the hall, and even into a room my wife was in alone one night. My wife swore it was me, because she said I talked to her saying her name. But, I was outside in my woodshop. Obviously, this freaked her out. It became routine, between 10-11pm, something would happen nearly every night. Now, being newly weds, we had the pastor that married us come to the home, and pray with us and bless the house. Another month or so goes by, and all is well. Then, like before, I was reading in the great room, and the wife was in the utility room doing laundry and we both heard a man say her name. She walked into the great room, as I was walking toward the utility room looking to kick someone's arse for being in my house. And the dog goes nuts. She refused to turn out the lights until I came home from work, and even left some lights on after that. I talked to the pastor, and he advised praying, which we did. I also had a friend suggest opening all the windows, and burning sage-wafting smoke into every dark place in the house. On my weekend, I sent the wife to the store for groceries, and smudged the house. Since then, thankfully, we have not had any more incidents.

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392131
10/30/21 09:04 AM
10/30/21 09:04 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Great stories. I'm a Bible believer and don't know how this stuff squares with that but I believe you.

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392230
10/30/21 12:29 PM
10/30/21 12:29 PM
higginsville, mo
H
headache73 Offline
trapper
headache73  Offline
trapper
H

higginsville, mo
Too many stories to type, but I completely believe ya

Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392235
10/30/21 12:33 PM
10/30/21 12:33 PM
Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Ol' Smoke Offline
trapper
Ol' Smoke  Offline
trapper

Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
ttt

---- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE----Bye, Bye Miss American Pie----
Re: Ghost story [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7392263
10/30/21 01:21 PM
10/30/21 01:21 PM
middle tennessee
T
Tommie Offline
trapper
Tommie  Offline
trapper
T

middle tennessee
The house my wife grew up in had something’s happen in it that we never could explain we could always hear someone walking in the hallway and you would always feel like someone was watching you .

Last edited by Tommie; 10/30/21 02:00 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread